Jacketed rounds for the Marlin CB .38-55

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Advanced Levergunner

Jacketed rounds for the Marlin CB .38-55

Post by 1886 »

I recently started a dialogue with Bill in Oregon regarding his jacketed bullets for the Marlin CB .38-55. He informed me that he makes a 220gr FN jacketed projectile properly sized for the Marlin CB .38-55. As some of you may know the Marlin CB .38-55 is sort of a favorite of mine. I have posted many thoughts and observations regarding this fine combo. Bill generously provided me with a few samples of his bullets to try. Now I am not generally a jacketed round guy when it comes to my levers. I prefer cast bullets but there are times when a jacketed round just makes sense.
I brewed up a few rounds using Starline 2.125" brass, a healthy dose of RL-7, Bill's bullets and BR-2 primers. I was able to shoot bug hole groups at 50yrds with the factory open sights off the bench. Velocity was smok'in at 2200fps with an extreme spread of just 12fps. I used RCBS Cowboy dies with a custom Lee FCD to assemble the loads. I can not comment about on game performance as I only punched paper but I am sure Bill could provide you with some feedback. He does have customers who have harvested deer, antelope, bear, etc. If you are looking for a jacketed for your superb Marlin CB .38-55 give Bill a shout. 1886.
MikeNV
Levergunner 1.0

Re: Jacketed rounds for the Marlin CB .38-55

Post by MikeNV »

What diameter?
Duff L Bagg
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Duff L Bagg »

1886 wrote:give Bill a shout.
I went out to my porch and hollered and shouted but bill never never replied. Have you a better method of contacting him? :D

Really Baby, I swear that it just followed me home.
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Mikenv: .379.
Duff: I hollered back, but you had the music up so loud ...
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Good deal. Love these exchanges. I've been debating on getting a Winchester 1885 in .32-40 or one of the Ubertis in .38-55. I'd truly love the .32-40, but... the .38-55 would have a slightly wider range of uses. Ah.. decisions, decisions.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!