We have our powder back!

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
earlmck
Advanced Levergunner

We have our powder back!

Post by earlmck »

I just looked at the Graf's web site -- checking how our reloading powder situation was doing. 5 pages of available powders, only 1 page of "temporarily out of stock". Now that is a switch from how it has been for the past several years!

And messing around on "Castboolits" the other day I stumbled across this link to a powder burn rate chart that has several powders that don't seem to get included on our "usual suspects" burn rate charts: http://gsgroup.co.za/burnrates.html

Of special interest is that this has some of the Vectan powders that Graf's and Midway carry, the Scot powders, some others that I haven't seen anywhere such as Bofors, Rothweil, Sonchem...
The greatest patriot...
is he who heals the most gullies.
Patrick Henry
M. M. Wright
Advanced Levergunner

Re: We have our powder back!

Post by M. M. Wright »

Thanks Earl, I printed that chart off to go in my load book. Hogdon has a pretty good one in their manual but no where near as complete as that one.
M. M. Wright, Sheriff, Green county Arkansas (1860)
Currently living my eternal life.
NRA Life
SASS
ITSASS
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

I'll be happier when local stores have it! I hate paying those crazy shipping fees that online purchases have tacked on!
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
Catshooter
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Catshooter »

Definitely the Trump Effect.

Cat
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Thanks for the link to that chart, Earl. The companies are releasing new powders at a terrific rate. I was just getting advice on CFE BLK and the Barnes TAC-TX black tips for for the .30 Herrett. I hadn't heard of either one. It's getting hard to keep up with developments in this hobby!
mark
Levergunner 2.0

Post by mark »

Thanks for the link. Printed the table, saved the web page and the URL.

Cheers Mark