OT - What are you doing for Mother's Day?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Ysabel Kid

OT - What are you doing for Mother's Day?

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Remember guys - Mother's Day is this Sunday. What are you doing for your wife and/or Mom (and/or MIL)?

I must admit, I waited until the last moment. Late April through mid June are a zoo in my house for "special days". Started a few weeks ago with my daughter's birthday. Two weeks after that is my son's birthday. A week later Mother's Day. A week late my birthday. Two weeks later my wife's and my wedding anniversary. Two weeks after that it is my wife's birthday. We wrap the whole thing up with Father's Day a few days later. But that point we are all wiped out celebrating all these events, so Father's Day ends up being a bust. Oh well...

Anyway, I'm planning on picking up a few odds and ends off her wish list (books), some flowers, making her breakfast in bed Sunday morning then off to eat out Sunday afternoon. Keeping it simple - our anniversary and her birthday are right around the corner! :shock:
Leverdude
Senior Levergunner

Post by Leverdude »

We're going out to dinner Sat night with my folks & Sunday I will relieve her of all wifery & motherly concerns by bringing my boys shooting for the day. 8)
Our anniversary is the 21st, maybe I'll let her come shooting then. :P
GANJIRO

Post by GANJIRO »

Thinking about my Mom whom I miss very much but I do that every day. :cry:
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

All the women in our family go out to brunch and leave
the guys and kids at home....its their day!
I'll take my mom out on Saturday....
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

My wife says she's not MY mom so I shouldn't do anything. My mom doesn't even know what day it is. Not going to see any of the kids. Guess it will be pretty quiet.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

My Mom's in heaven, so I'm off the hook. No wait, that didn't sound right.

I've been tasked by our children to buy their Mom some flowers and sign THEIR names.

I've been tasked by their Mom to take her over the water and thru the woods to visit her Mom.

I get to drive and entertain the dog, two of my favorite things to do. Might even find time to work the lever actions in a live fire exercise, maybe...

Grizz
Twinsfan
Levergunner

Post by Twinsfan »

This is going to be a tough one for Mom as my Dad just passed away about three weeks ago. They always went camping for Mother's day in the past. We plan to grill and just hang out at her house for the day. For my wife, the kids and I are going to clean the house from top to bottom on Saturday and then take her out to dinner Sunday night.
I am King of my castle; I do whatever I want, whenever I want to, ...... as long as my wife says it's OK.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

A hike in the very same woods my own (deceased) mom loved so much, with my kid's mom. Nothing much more than that. My kids will likely make cards for her, as young kids do.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

Well guys, I'm in the group who's lost his mother. Sooooo, I'll sit back and reflect and wish I still had her. I do so miss her pies and fried chicken, personality, love and all the motherly things she used to do.
If the weather is good I might take a trip to the cemetery for a visit.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
dr walker
Senior Levergunner

Post by dr walker »

I am taking my wife and mother to a comedy club. The comedian is described as a young Bill Cosby. I cant remember his name but his homor is supposed to be clean. I hope so, my Mom does not go for crude jokes.
jengel
Levergunner 2.0

Post by jengel »

I'm not doing a darn thing for my mom. She has disowned her kids and grandkids and is selling the family farm.

For my wife, I will definately do something. Just don't know what yet.
Mokwaw
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Mokwaw »

Well, I will be working. My wife is not my mother, so she will have to be happy with a hug. My Mother lives 250 miles away but I will call her on the phone, have already sent her a card. I expect my little brother to take her out for dinner, and if he doesn't we will have a serious talk later. My MIL has gone on to her Heavenly Reward, walking with Jesus, nothing I could do would compare to that.
NonPCnraRN
Levergunner 2.0

Post by NonPCnraRN »

I bought her a black pearl and diamond necklace to offset the Marlin Cowboy I bought earlier in the week. She already had purchased her own MD present, a saphire necklace which was more than the Cowboy. But I learned that if I keep her one jewelry purchase ahead of my gun purchases everything stays tranquil. It has worked for 29+ yrs. The cards, flowers and taking her out for lunch is a given. The good Lord was watching over me when He brought her into my life and will always be greatful!
El Chivo
Advanced Levergunner

Post by El Chivo »

I sent flowers, and will follow it up with a call, probably will just get her answering machine as she's one of those "out and about" retirees.

She's the only one I converse with anymore, and we just talked Sunday. She's an early riser and, with the time difference, it works out great if I call her just before I go hunting.
"I'll tell you what living is. You get up when you feel like it. You fry yourself some eggs. You see what kind of a day it is."
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Sorry to all who have lost Mothers - and Fathers. I know you don't need a special day to remember them.
NonPCnraRN wrote: But I learned that if I keep her one jewelry purchase ahead of my gun purchases everything stays tranquil.
I have found the same thing! :wink:
O.S.O.K.
Advanced Levergunner

Post by O.S.O.K. »

1-800 Flowers :roll:
NRA Endowment Life
Phi Kappa Sigma, Alpha Phi 83 "Skulls"
OCS, 120th MP Battalion, MSSG
MOLON LABE!
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

I'm working, and will call my mom; and thank the Lord that I still can.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Jarhead
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Jarhead »

J Miller wrote:Well guys, I'm in the group who's lost his mother. Sooooo, I'll sit back and reflect and wish I still had her. I do so miss her pies and fried chicken, personality, love and all the motherly things she used to do.
If the weather is good I might take a trip to the cemetery for a visit.

Joe
Same here Joe...as well as the others who have lost Mothers... :(
Semper Fi
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

My Moms been dead for 12 years---touchy day---I'm going to the gunclub to unleash 4 0r 500 rounds AFTER a day of shooting silhouette tomorrow. Ain't life great? :D shoot, shoot, shoot--the wife is headed for the Timonium, Md. horse auction and I'm gonna shoot, shoot, shoot :D did I say shoot?--------------------Sixgun
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD