for the Kali people: Call the Gov, oppose the ammo ban

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
new pig hunter
Senior Levergunner

for the Kali people: Call the Gov, oppose the ammo ban

Post by new pig hunter »

Subject: [Turners] Oppose AB962 Now!
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2009 11:34:55 -0700

Oppose AB962 Now! AB962 is sitting on the Governor’s desk awaiting his veto or signature. AB962 would mandate the following changes in the way you buy ammunition:

1) It would prohibit the sale of ammo in a manner that allows the ammunition to be accessible without the help of an employee. In other words, you’ll have to stand in line and have to wait to be shown the ammunition you may want to purchase.

2) It would require the dealer to ask for you ID each time you buy handgun ammunition and the dealer will record the following personal information:
a. A thumbprint
b. Your CDL #
c. Your home address and telephone number
d. The brand and type of ammunition that you purchased
e. Your date of birth

3) Additionally, it would be illegal to buy ammo via online or mail order methods, so if a local store can’t find you older, hard-to-get or obsolete ammunition, you won’t be able to get it from via the internet.

Please contact the Governor today and let him know that you oppose AB962.
You can contact him at 916-445-2841 and do an auto-vote against the bill as follows:

Listen to the recorded message and press in the following order:
1 (English)
2 (legislation)
2 (AB962)
2 (against)

If it is busy – keep trying, and it is easier to get through after hours. It is all automated.
Mike D.
***Rock Star***

Re: for the Kali people: Call the Gov, oppose the ammo ban

Post by Mike D. »

So many concerned citizens have phoned and e-mailed the "Governator" that he simply HAS to veto this nonsensical Jackass legislation. If he does not do so he might as well resign his office.
"Congressmen who willfully take actions during wartime that damage morale, and undermine the military are saboteurs and should be arrested, exiled or hanged"....President Abraham Lincoln
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

Yeah Mike. I don't mean to bust on you or be sarcastic but that just ain't gonna happen.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
Mike D.
***Rock Star***

Post by Mike D. »

It was complete and total "wishful thinking" on my part. There was little sarcasm tossed in for good measure. he has vetoed similar legislation in the past, but the "heat is on" to ram this mess through. I doubt that Schwarzenegger will actually read and understand the implications of this "feel good" bill. It will do nothing to avert crime, and will only impair the honest ammunition buyers. The state is rapidly imploding, yet nothing is being done to actually solve the problems. :x
"Congressmen who willfully take actions during wartime that damage morale, and undermine the military are saboteurs and should be arrested, exiled or hanged"....President Abraham Lincoln
gary rice
Levergunner 2.0

Post by gary rice »

And nothing will be done to solve real problems. Mike, i underatand youre in kalifornia also. Looks like i will be going down with the ship with you.
g rice
El Chivo
Advanced Levergunner

Post by El Chivo »

1) It would prohibit the sale of ammo in a manner that allows the ammunition to be accessible without the help of an employee. In other words, you’ll have to stand in line and have to wait to be shown the ammunition you may want to purchase.

2) It would require the dealer to ask for you ID each time you buy handgun ammunition and the dealer will record the following personal information:
a. A thumbprint
b. Your CDL #
e. Your date of birth
We already have this in LA County. It's not the end of the world. The blocking of internet sales would be new.

Some things I have heard also include reloading components. That would be hard for me. However, I have a couple of year's worth of bullets stocked up. I do prefer buying from my local reloading store, as ammo can only go UPS and I hate them.

Turner's would do great with sales increases and price increases if this goes into effect.
"I'll tell you what living is. You get up when you feel like it. You fry yourself some eggs. You see what kind of a day it is."
Alan Wood
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Alan Wood »

Unfortunately for us the anti gunners have somehow convinced the Sacramento Bee that the first year of Sacramento City's version of this law lead to 136 criminal convictions. I wonder just how many people that currently buy there ammo in California will now buy it in Nevada or Oregon instead?
gary rice
Levergunner 2.0

Post by gary rice »

Alan Wood wrote:Unfortunately for us the anti gunners have somehow convinced the Sacramento Bee that the first year of Sacramento City's version of this law lead to 136 criminal convictions. I wonder just how many people that currently buy there ammo in California will now buy it in Nevada or Oregon instead?

I would. i will drive to arizona or nevada to buy all my components if i have to. this law is beyond rediculious and needs to be stopped but probably wont be. this weak minded monk of a governor will sign on to it im sure no matter what we say.
g rice
Buck Elliott
Member Emeritus

Post by Buck Elliott »

Alan Wood wrote:Unfortunately for us the anti gunners have somehow convinced the Sacramento Bee that the first year of Sacramento City's version of this law lead to 136 criminal convictions. I wonder just how many people that currently buy there ammo in California will now buy it in Nevada or Oregon instead?
In other words, the new law made "criminals" out of more than 100 upstanding citizens...
Regards

Buck

Life has a way of making the foreseeable that which never happens, and the unforeseeable, that which your life becomes...
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

El Chivo wrote:

a. A thumbprint
b. Your CDL #
e. Your date of birth
We already have this in LA County. It's not the end of the world. The blocking of internet sales would be new.

Some things I have heard also include reloading components. That would be hard for me. However, I have a couple of year's worth of bullets stocked up. I do prefer buying from my local reloading store, as ammo can only go UPS and I hate them.

Turner's would do great with sales increases and price increases if this goes into effect.
Not a county ordinance that I know of. L.A. City yes. But other cities, such as Torrance don't have this in place.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
El Chivo
Advanced Levergunner

Post by El Chivo »

Not a county ordinance that I know of. L.A. City yes. But other cities, such as Torrance don't have this in place.
That's right, my mistake. I can easily drive over to Burbank and get ammo if I don't want to get my thumb dirty.

We also have ammo sales banned 10 days before New Year's Eve and Fourth of July.

That internet ban has been tried in the city but I don't think it has been passed.
"I'll tell you what living is. You get up when you feel like it. You fry yourself some eggs. You see what kind of a day it is."
Modoc ED
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Modoc ED »

Mike D. wrote:So many concerned citizens have phoned and e-mailed the "Governator" that he simply HAS to veto this nonsensical Jackass legislation. If he does not do so he might as well resign his office.
He's not going to veto it Mike. It's been on his desk for a week. All he has to do is wait for so many days and it will go into effect withoug his taking action. You and I are lucky. We live close to NV and I live even closer to OR.
ED
Yer never too old
Alan Wood
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Alan Wood »

Buck Elliott wrote:
In other words, the new law made "criminals" out of more than 100 upstanding citizens...
No what they are claiming is that 136 persons dissallowed to own firearms by having been either convicted of a felony or having a restraining order against them were convicted of posessing firearms. After investigations that the Sacramento City version of this lead too. The details in the article are rather sparse.

Please Please Please do not take this message as agreeing with the anti seconds on this as I definately do not!
CowboyTutt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by CowboyTutt »

Made my call and going to make more tonight. Schwartzenheffer is such a turd. Considering where he is from, he ought to know better.

-Tutt
"It ain't dead! As long as there's ONE COWBOY taking care of ONE COW, it ain't dead!!!" (the Cowboy Way)
-Monte Walsh (Selleck version)

"These battered wings still kick up dust." -Peter Gabriel
gary rice
Levergunner 2.0

Post by gary rice »

Alan Wood wrote:
Buck Elliott wrote:
No what they are claiming is that 136 persons dissallowed to own firearms by having been either convicted of a felony or having a restraining order against them were convicted of posessing firearms. After investigations that the Sacramento City version of this lead too. The details in the article are rather sparse.

Please Please Please do not take this message as agreeing with the anti seconds on this as I definately do not!

yeah but considering what family he is asscociated with is it surprising? he screwed us on the lead ammo ban and will probably do it again on this.
g rice
otteray
Levergunner 2.0

Post by otteray »

The head of the Boy Scouts of America spoke with the Guv and explained that this would end all .22 competition for all the various youth groups here.
Did Austria have a Boy Scouts that Arnold may have joined?

And remember to call him because the antis have speed dial, too!
otteray
CowboyTutt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by CowboyTutt »

YK is right. Don't give up guys! Keep calling! I've already made one phone call and I'm making more right now. I don't think they count the sources of the votes, so the more you vote the better.

-Tutt
"It ain't dead! As long as there's ONE COWBOY taking care of ONE COW, it ain't dead!!!" (the Cowboy Way)
-Monte Walsh (Selleck version)

"These battered wings still kick up dust." -Peter Gabriel
El Chivo
Advanced Levergunner

Post by El Chivo »

Did Austria have a Boy Scouts that Arnold may have joined?
yeah, it was called the "Hitler Youth"

ok, maybe that was his dad, I can't remember exactly.

Guys, a paper letter carries more weight than anything electronic you can send or transmit.