custom Shoot n See targets

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
El Chivo
Advanced Levergunner

custom Shoot n See targets

Post by El Chivo »

Remember the thread with instructions on making your own "shoot n see" targets? You tightly stretch saran wrap over cardboard (painted yellow or orange) then spray paint it black. When the shot hits, the saran wrap stretches, the black paint flakes off and reveals the color underneath.

I wanted to make irregular shapes, animal shapes, but couldn't think of a way to stretch saran wrap uniformly over an odd shape.

Then it hit me, I can make a rectangular shoot n see target, then I can take a second piece of rectangular cardboard and cut out the animal shape in reverse, a mask. Then sandwich this over the shoot n see. The animal shape is really a hole in the cardboard mask, any hits on the animal will show up but misses won't.

ta daaah!
"I'll tell you what living is. You get up when you feel like it. You fry yourself some eggs. You see what kind of a day it is."
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Re: custom Shoot n See targets

Post by TedH »

That'll work 8)
NRA Life Member
meanc
Levergunner 3.0

Post by meanc »

I remember reading the original post back a while, but don't remember seeing any pictures of used targets or the holes.

Do you have any uploaded to give me an idea of what they would look like?
...and I don't think he even knows it...Walks around with a half-assed grin...If he feels fear, he don't show it. Just rides into hell and back again.
Modoc ED
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Modoc ED »

That'll work and it's a good idea but for all the time and effort spent making them you could be out shooting. The store bought ones aren't too expensive.

Good post though. Thanks.
ED
Yer never too old
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Yes, it was a thread I did a few months back. I deleted most of the pictures except for the final one.

1.) Cut some white cardboard to the size you like--if you don't have white cardboard, a sheet of white paper (or orange, purple, violet, (if your gay) whatever color :D over brown board will work just as well.

2.) Stretch some Saran Wrap over the cardboard and tape it to the back.

3.) Spray paint it flat black. Even after you shoot it, you can respray it again.

Here's pic--first one is a fresh one
second one has been shot
third is a shot target and has been
repainted.
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

El Chivo
Advanced Levergunner

Post by El Chivo »

yes, thanks for reposting. My obsession is for an animal shaped target. So what I'm saying is to take Sixgun's rectangular piece, and over it mount your animal shaped mask cutout. Then hits will show and misses won't.

Handy for silhouette practice.
"I'll tell you what living is. You get up when you feel like it. You fry yourself some eggs. You see what kind of a day it is."