Good To Have Met You, Sixgun.

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Haycock
Levergunner 2.0

Good To Have Met You, Sixgun.

Post by Haycock »

Hey Brother... It was pretty cool running into you at the A-Town show today... I'm glad to have made your acquaintance.

Guess maybe I oughta upload a pic of myself for an avatar... IIRC correctly, its your avatar that shows you wearing the black hat you had on today that caught my attention.

So, how did you do unloading (err, I mean marketing and selling ;-}) that long gun you were haggling with that oldster over when I stopped by?

On my end, the show was a raging success. I sold a Winchester Model 61 (S/L/LR, grooved receiver) for exactly the amount that I bought a 1938 Kar 98k (ERMA, all matching, lotsa blue loss, no imprt stamp) for... nice!!!!!!

See ya round sometime... maybe at a PA leverguns shoot??????

Haycock
The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned. - PA State Constitution
Jay Bird

Re: Good To Have Met You, Sixgun.

Post by Jay Bird »

I hope you washed your hands after shaking his. :mrgreen:

My old man is a cool cat, even in his fifties.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Haycock & Sixgun Jr. (my disowned son),
It too, was a pleasure on meeting you, a fine young man about the same age of my recently disowned son.

I took a hit on the Remington Rolling Block. The old timer you saw wanted it but was steadfast in paying me $100 less than what I wanted for it. I gave it to him. He was happy and I immediately spent the money on a 20 ga. Remington 11-48 shotgun that was 95% in the original box, made in 1955.
(Money slips through my hands when I see something that grabs my attention.

Speaking about grabbing my attention, your Model 61 would have sparked an interest but as you did well on that hard-to-find pre-war '98, I'm glad to see all went well.

Levergun shoot? I attend most all of them. Do you do silhouette? Lets hook up as I need a new son to hang with :D

I also caught up with Noah Zark at the show too. We Bs'ed a while, cracked a few jokes, and I told him about how I gave the Liberal's a good old fashioned screwing last week on the gun buy back programs. Noah got a good laugh.

No dudes, my son is also a very good dude---we spend a lot of time busting each other's you-know-whats :D ------------Sixgun
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

Haycock
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Haycock »

Never shot silhouette, but I'd be game to give it a whirl. If I'm not mistaken, haven't the PA shoots been held at Wiecen's? That's 35 minutes for me, tops. The 08 event never materialized, but I'm game for this spring.

Also, what gun buy-back program are you talking about? Is there one going on in PA currently (outside of Philly, Pitt, etc.)? I would take it as a very bad sign if the legislature actually saw fit to engage in that sort of thing anywhere except the urban centers...

Haycock
The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned. - PA State Constitution
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Haycock,
The "Wicen thing" is all washed up. Lots of heat from neighbors and lawyers. I shoot regularly at Atglen (below--signature link) but there is also a nice shoot north of Philly http://www.ftrpa.com/silhouette.shtml
that I have not yet attended but plan on. There are many other shoots here in Pa., with most of them being within 100 miles of Harrisburg. What county do you live in? I'm in Delaware County.

Buy Back or so called "guns for groceries" programs. Yep, Lots of 'em in the Philly area, usually in the bad areas. There's another one at the end of March. Go to http://www.philly.com and do a search. These programs are the neatest thing for surburban white guys who want to get rid of junk guns. It helps to suck money from the liberals so we can buy better guns for ourselves and at the same time, feed our faces. The NRA encourages it. :D ------Sixgun
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

Haycock
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Haycock »

I see you changed your avatar.... good for avoiding visual recognition at gun shows! :wink:

I'm in upper Bucks and could probably get to Fairless Hills in around an hour if I hauled butt. Give me a holler if you head up that way......

Haycock
Noah Zark
Senior Levergunner

Post by Noah Zark »

Sixgun:

It was good to see you again! As always I enjoyed our discussion, and especially enjoyed your account of the buyback program. "Doing your part" to keep the streets safe. :lol:

As for the show, I sold pretty much what I took to sell and my only purchase was a copy of "Mustang", a autobiography of a Marine enlisted man turned officer. From what I saw yesterday, unless it's military weapons or ammo to feed them, AND folks with more $$$ than brains to buy them at the presently inflated pricing, I didn't see much commerce taking place. LOTS of tirekickers, and just as many dealers with "post-election" pricing on their stuff.

I am SO glad that I got pretty much what I wanted between 1980 and 2007. Kinda done with shows and really don't have a want list any more. Seriously.

Noah
Might as well face it, you're addicted to guns . . .
mescalero1
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mescalero1 »

Noah,
Pretty much the same, got all the " need " shopping done in a friendlier enviorenment, now I can pick and chose from the reduced " want " list.
Haycock
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Haycock »

Noah Zark wrote: From what I saw yesterday, unless it's military weapons or ammo to feed them, AND folks with more $$$ than brains to buy them at the presently inflated pricing, I didn't see much commerce taking place. LOTS of tirekickers, and just as many dealers with "post-election" pricing on their stuff.
Noah
I pretty much agree with that... all the modern military, EBR-ish stuff was crazy overpriced, there was a lot of C&R-ish milsurp crud with ridiculous asking prices and the few sporting guns I looked at were pretty high as well.

I literally looked over every single Kar 98k in the place, and based on what I saw I think I got the best deal there, AND I think it was better than typical market pricing even accounting for the election hype that has apparently jacked everything under the sun up.

There were some decent ammo deals there too, at the guy in the very back corner in the larger hall......

Haycock