One more place for my 'never go to' list ..

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

One more place for my 'never go to' list ..

Post by AJMD429 »

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/another-am ... n-luggage/

12 years in prison for possessing two rounds of ammunition...

That meets my definition of 'hellhole'....

I'm sure it is a crime-free and corruption-free paradise there, with such stellar 'gun control's laws...
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Re: One more place for my 'never go to' list ..

Post by GunnyMack »

First off I have no use for 'the islands' I hate tourist traps. I want to get AWAY from people.
Secondly I hate hot humid weather so I'm not going.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

Hey, violate their laws and pay their price. They are sovereign nations and their laws deserve the same respect we would expect if they visited our country.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

jeepnik wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 11:54 am Hey, violate their laws and pay their price. They are sovereign nations and their laws deserve the same respect we would expect if they visited our country.
True, but just like I won't patronize businesses with stupid rules, I'm not spending my money in a country that can't distinguish between criminal intent versus an honest mistake THAT HURT NO ONE.
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

So you're in favor of all the money, time and influence the US government spent to get a pot smoking athlete(?) out of a Russian jail?
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

They shouldn't have helped that chick unless they are willing to help more legitimate folks.

My attitude is just that I won't go places with stupd rules (but if I did, I'd obey them). Typically places with stupid anti-freedom rules, aren't places I'd want to go anyway, because they are usually places with nothing to offer except sometimes superficial touristy stuff.
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

44shooter
Levergunner 3.0

Post by 44shooter »

I manage to go into courthouses and onto airplanes and other prohibited spaces without ammunition here in the US. It is common sense to make sure you are not caring contraband when traveling in certain places. I don’t see any difference between these guys and Griner. They all brought things that were unlawful into a foreign country due to apathy or neglect. I do not think these men will get 12 years and I do not think they deserve it. I don’t think Griner deserves a long prison sentence for personal cannabinoid possession either. I have no problem with the lot of them being detained or tried though. I don’t think we permit foreigners to fly in undeclared ammo in their personal baggage either, or even citizens for that matter
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

And yet, violating the laws they should get the maximum sentence. If we did that here, and actually had criminals serve their entire sentence things might be better.

Making excuses and taking it easy on criminals is what has gotten us to where we are today. If you do these things you are part of the problem not the solution.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

jeepnik wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 12:44 am So you're in favor of all the money, time and influence the US government spent to get a pot smoking athlete(?) out of a Russian jail?
No, and you miss the point. That woman knowingly and deliberately violated Russian law, thinking she was above it.

This guy made a simple mistake. Kick him out after a fine and never let him back. But jail time?
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

…And yet, violating the laws they should get the maximum sentence. If we did that here, and actually had criminals serve their entire sentence things might be better

Yep