Grizz, Just for You

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

Grizz, Just for You

Post by 3leggedturtle »

30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

250 Savage... its what the 223 wishes it could be...!
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Grizz, Just for You

Post by Grizz »

Thanks for that link, he is fun to watch. I hope he backs up to a hundred and does that again, and backs up with water for bullet capture. Did he say the cast is 400gr? Looked around 440 to me, but maybe it's seated out.

He is so well spoken. And he is right about picking your bullet. I think he could slow down that cast bullet to 1050 or so, and still pass through one block. Not sure about the second one.

Another difference between wounds is that the expander grinds up meat, you can lose a lot of back strap or liquefy a neck roast, but the hard cast puts round holes in bones.

Thanks again for the link. Really enjoy seeing that stuff
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

Here's Jerry with a 45/70 six-shooter. He's so much fun to watch. I wonder what he would say about my 405 gr 44mag load doing 947 or something close to that, from a 5.5 inch barrel?

Or my 525 gr bullet going 1310 fps from Blaine's ten inch BFR? That 525 exits my guide gun about, I don't even remember, 1460 maybe???? stopped in jug #12. I bet he'd have a BIG SMILE shooting those.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVnYNlEN_z0

He is TOTALLY RIGHT about the versatility of the 45/70, and I like his respect for the achievement.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Grizz wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 8:15 pm Here's Jerry with a 45/70 six-shooter. He's so much fun to watch. I wonder what he would say about my 405 gr 44mag load doing 947 or something close to that, from a 5.5 inch barrel?

Or my 525 gr bullet going 1310 fps from Blaine's ten inch BFR? That 525 exits my guide gun about, I don't even remember, 1460 maybe???? stopped in jug #12. I bet he'd have a BIG SMILE shooting those.

He is TOTALLY RIGHT about the versatility of the 45/70, and I like his respect for the achievement.
I surely wish I still had that one....We shot a couple of Garrett's Hammerheads thru that BFR, too...
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

Blaine wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 9:13 pm
Grizz wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 8:15 pm Here's Jerry with a 45/70 six-shooter. He's so much fun to watch. I wonder what he would say about my 405 gr 44mag load doing 947 or something close to that, from a 5.5 inch barrel?

I surely wish I still had that one....We shot a couple of Garrett's Hammerheads thru that BFR, too...
I know what you mean. But i'm losing my grip, compared to my fish boat hand and wrist strength. been thinking i should have downsized to the stainless storekeeper :)