QuickLoad Ver 3.9 Update - Powders

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
JohndeFresno
Advanced Levergunner

QuickLoad Ver 3.9 Update - Powders

Post by JohndeFresno »

The update is listed at Necco for around 15 bucks as I recall, but after shipping costs the real price for the update disc is about $25.00, if you have a fairly current version that allows you the update price.

Here is the latest listing of powders covered in QuickLoad - Click on my archive server:

https://app.box.com/s/3xdfhm58dd4wthd1b51ufrwwximme36l
(For QuickLoad Powders Ver3_9.pdf)
earlmck
Advanced Levergunner

Re: QuickLoad Ver 3.9 Update - Powders

Post by earlmck »

Thanks for the info John. That saves me $25 -- they aren't adding any of the new(ish) powders I have been using for several years such as LVR and Alliant's wide-ranging batch of ball powders. The only thing I see that I know to be a new addition is the IMR "Enduron" series of powders and Alliant's RL 16 and 26. Kinda' nice, but I don't want a few of the new powders in an upgrade -- I want all the new powders.
The greatest patriot...
is he who heals the most gullies.
Patrick Henry
JohndeFresno
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JohndeFresno »

Always glad to be of help, Earl.

Bear in mind if and when you upgrade, you need to keep a backup of the old system.

For one thing, I have to change back all of the gun categories that I have entered, because it resets to the 4 or 5 sample rifles that come with the program.

And then there are several corrections I have made in bullet lengths for their bullet file. I keep a spreadsheet of those changes.
milton
Levergunner 2.0

Post by milton »

This is awful nice of you to post this !!! I have version 3.9,do you know just what powders this adds to this?
"Knowledge without understanding is a dangerous thing. For a little knowledge entices us to walk its path, a bit more provides the foundation on which we take our stand, and a sufficient amount can erect a wall of knowledge around us, trapping us in our own ignorance."
JohndeFresno
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JohndeFresno »

Mlton,
I don't have a list of updates; I merely make a file from the actual tables, and there are a lot of them.

But you can make a comparison if you wish from the previous Version 3.8 listing that I posted earlier:
https://app.box.com/s/tcph6u2vxhlt3t1gqxf4m434mdnitvhn

John
milton
Levergunner 2.0

Post by milton »

Thank you! I will take a look at the list after Christmans!
"Knowledge without understanding is a dangerous thing. For a little knowledge entices us to walk its path, a bit more provides the foundation on which we take our stand, and a sufficient amount can erect a wall of knowledge around us, trapping us in our own ignorance."
JohndeFresno
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JohndeFresno »

Milton and Earl (and whoever else uses QuickLoad),

It seems that the bullet files were expanded, but the powders are apparently unchanged between 3.8 and 3.9 - at a glance. I use QuickLoad extensively so it was worth $25 for the update, to me.

I did not keep all the revisions on my computer tables, although I have the installation discs which I don't have time to check at the moment - Christmas Eve, and other items right now.

But here is a comparison pdf file, single column each, between the powders offered December 2014 (266 powders) and December 2016 (latest data, 295 powders) -
QL Powders 2014_2016.pdf
https://app.box.com/s/8cn81m1y61z0u48n89hed4sw8v6j5a16

Merry Christmas!