Not a green tractor...but it's a tractor!

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Bullard4075
Senior Levergunner

Not a green tractor...but it's a tractor!

Post by Bullard4075 »

1946 Gibson.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Any man who covers his face and packs a gun is a legitimate target for any decent citizen"
Jeff Cooper
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Re: Not a green tractor...but it's a tractor!

Post by AJMD429 »

That sure looks fun... 8)
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Lever steering? That would make me balk! For a coupe of seconds!!! Looks like one of those "...here, hold my beer..." fun rides! :lol:
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

Love lever steering. Course, I learned it on the M548/M113 tracks, but still..
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Very nice Gibson Bullard! I sure miss mine. I wish I had taken the time and car to strip mine down, remove rust and re-prime and paint it. Does yours also have the 1937 GM transmission?
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

I love old iron, and those smaller tractors are pretty neat!
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
Ben_Rumson
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ben_Rumson »

"IT IS MY OPINION, AND I AM CORRECT SO DON'T ARGUE, THE 99 SAVAGE IS THE FINEST RIFLE EVER MADE IN AMERICA."
WIL TERRY
Bullard4075
Senior Levergunner

Post by Bullard4075 »

Bill in Oregon wrote:Very nice Gibson Bullard! I sure miss mine. I wish I had taken the time and car to strip mine down, remove rust and re-prime and paint it. Does yours also have the 1937 GM transmission?
I believe so. I said it was a 1946 but recent research suggests it is most likely a 47 or 48.
"Any man who covers his face and packs a gun is a legitimate target for any decent citizen"
Jeff Cooper
Chuck 100 yd
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Chuck 100 yd »

The AC mod. G tractor had a Continental N62 engine. Liquid cooled cast iron with 9 h.p. At the drawbar.
I have rebuilt several of them,the latest was in the early 70's. Interesting thing, the connecting rod big ends are larger than the cylinder bores. The rods have to be installed before the crankshaft and the pistons installed onto the end of the rod as it sticks above the blocks surface. Then the piston/ rod assembly can be put back into the bores. An L head , the valves are about 1/2" diameter.
Very smooth running engine with no power. Put too much oil in the transmission and it wont pull itself out of it's own way.
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

My Gibson did not have the plow blade. Wish it had, as I could have used it on snow a time or two. Mainly used it to level our acre after we had a new septic system put in. Dragged a chain link gate weighted down with rocks all over the lot and she did a right smart job of it. I mostly just drove it around the place because it was so darned much fun.
Bullard4075
Senior Levergunner

Post by Bullard4075 »

Bill in Oregon wrote:My Gibson did not have the plow blade. Wish it had, as I could have used it on snow a time or two. Mainly used it to level our acre after we had a new septic system put in. Dragged a chain link gate weighted down with rocks all over the lot and she did a right smart job of it. I mostly just drove it around the place because it was so darned much fun.
My Gibson didn't have a blade either so I built one. A month or so after roll out the front axle broke in two so I had to fabricate one (it was cast and couldn't be welded) out of dimension steel and bar stock. 4th and 5th pic is the new axle. It also came with a 10-12 inch (bottom?) plow (you can see it in the 4th pic behind the mailbox) that I never used. The brakes (rear internal left and right bands) were totaled. Riveting brake material to fashioned steel bands fixed that. All the yokes and pins in the steering system had to be welded closed and redrilled to remove the "slop". All bolts,capscrews and nuts were replaced with grade 5 replacements.The list goes on and on. But it was enjoyable.

Excellent video of the general layout of a Gibson.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xqR2HQTcZ4
Jeff Cooper
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Sweet! Now I miss it more than ever.
1894c

Post by 1894c »

I like it...bring on the snow... :)
donw
Levergunner 3.0

Post by donw »

very cool, indeed.
if you think you're influencial, try telling someone else's dog what to do---will rogers