rjjohns post on mob violence drew a lot of responses

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Panzercat
Levergunner 3.0

Re: rjjohns post on mob violence drew a lot of responses

Post by Panzercat »

BrentD wrote:Have you ever heard of a legit need by a person with a CCW for more than 6-7 rounds, never-mind 40 in two, 20-round mags? That is a hell of a lot of ammo to lug and keep concealed - for what reasonable expectation of need?
I'm not going to go so far as to call you stalin, but this is pretty much a cornerstone verse out of the leftist bible: What possible need do you have for that firearm? What would you do with all that ammo? What sane person needs a ____________?

I've said this to my wife who is not from here and I'll say it here as well: The Constitution of the United States is a document of paranoia, and for very good reason if the history of man and imperialism is any judge. The Bill of Rights is not a Bill of Needs. The Second Amendment is not just about the right to hunt or just about protecting ones self against against a random encounter that may or may not require more than 6-7 rounds. It is one of the many counterbalances built into our government-- perhaps the very last to be called upon if necessary to bring that balance back into being, which is probably why it is often perceived as paranoia. It isn't needed... Until it is.

If there was an attempt at levity there, I missed it. As long as a person is of sound mind, more power and ammo to you. He or she is doing the job the that the founders of this country intended just by being present and accounted for.
...Proud owner of the 11.43×23mm automatic using depleted Thorium rounds.
samb
Levergunner 3.0

Re: rjjohns post on mob violence drew a lot of responsess

Post by samb »

Griff wrote:
MrMurphy wrote:Keeping your head on a swivel...
Will put miles ahead of your competition. Like the adage sez: I don't have to outrun the bear... just outrun you!
The above combined with watch their Hands not their faces. It always warms my heart to be around patriots that are packin. I hope someday we get that right in my country.