Ammunition purchases online/mail order

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Ysabel Kid

Ammunition purchases online/mail order

Post by Ysabel Kid »

What is the best place (i.e. - most reasonable prices) for ammunition on-line or via mail order?

I have dealt with most of the "usuals", but thought I'd tap into the collective wisdom here to see if any pop up that I am not familiar with! :D
Blaine
Posting leader...

Re: Ammunition purchases online/mail order

Post by Blaine »

I got an add from Graff and Sons the other day.....seemed like they had a real nice sale going on......
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
horsesoldier03
Advanced Levergunner

Post by horsesoldier03 »

Just placed an order with NATCHEZ Shooters Supply. They have Nickel .45 ACP PRIMED for $14.95 per 100. Wishing now I had placed a larger order. Act now, the sale ends on 31 JAN.
“Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.”
jdad
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jdad »

For your quality rimfire ammo needs...
www.championshooters.com
I know a whole lot about very little and nothing about a whole lot.
Don McDowell

Post by Don McDowell »

Depends on what you're after, but most of the time Grafs and Cabela's are pretty hard to beat for the stuff I want. Midway's sale prices get offset by their uncalculable, and rediculous shipping charges. Sometimes Cheaper than Dirt has some decent prices, but I've yet to see anything other that surplus ammo that was a 'bargain" from Sportsmens Guide. Tried Natchez a couple of times but the shipping from there to here offset any savings pretty bad, might not be bad if they were a 1000 miles closer.
Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Tycer »

I've gotten some good deals on Gunbroker.
Kind regards,
Tycer
----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.saf.org - https://peakprosperity.com/ - http://www.guntalk.com
Twinsfan
Levergunner

Post by Twinsfan »

I've had good luck with these guys:

http://www.wisconsincartridge.com/produ ... gories.asp
I am King of my castle; I do whatever I want, whenever I want to, ...... as long as my wife says it's OK.
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

There's also Georgia Arms and Cheaper Than Dirt. Had good luck with Dan of Ammoman.com
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
Mike Rintoul
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Mike Rintoul »

I'm happy to work with you if I can supply what you need. You will not get more quality at a better price. If you just want cheap ammo that will have to come from someplace else. We sell to Cabelas and Midway so I can say that they have a low mark up and tend to be reasonable on ammo costs. The shipping amount is a big consideration when ordering ammo.
Mike Rintoul
Owner
Grizzly Cartridge Ammunition Company
www.grizzlycartridge.com
Cast Performance Bullet Company
Rainier, Oregon
(503) 556-3006
HATCHETTJACK
Levergunner 2.0

Post by HATCHETTJACK »

Mike Rintoul wrote:I'm happy to work with you if I can supply what you need. You will not get more quality at a better price. If you just want cheap ammo that will have to come from someplace else. We sell to Cabelas and Midway so I can say that they have a low mark up and tend to be reasonable on ammo costs. The shipping amount is a big consideration when ordering ammo.
just got my 460 gr 45-70's from ya mike, they look so nice im afraid ta shoot um :mrgreen: excellent service, thank you sir
WATCH YOUR TOP KNOT
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Mike Rintoul wrote:I'm happy to work with you if I can supply what you need. You will not get more quality at a better price. If you just want cheap ammo that will have to come from someplace else. We sell to Cabelas and Midway so I can say that they have a low mark up and tend to be reasonable on ammo costs. The shipping amount is a big consideration when ordering ammo.
I have a .32-20 WCF revolver coming in (that I purchased here on this forum), and it is my first firearm in that caliber. I was starting my research in ammunition and reloading supplies for it.

Make any of those? :D
Warhawk
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Warhawk »

www.wideners.com has a good deal (for these days) on .45 ACP (South African) right now.

http://www.wideners.com/itemdetail.cfm? ... 18|829|842

Some other places to check

www.aimsurplus.com

www.ammunitiontogo.com

and this site for current deals

http://www.gun-deals.com/ammo.php
kirkwood
Levergunner 2.0

Post by kirkwood »

Don McDowell wrote: Midway's sale prices get offset by their uncalculable, and rediculous shipping charges.
That makes no sense. :?: :? You put in your address and the shipping cost comes up and you know exactly what it is before it is ever charged to your credit card. If you buy sale items and buy a reasonable amount, the shipping prices are not an issue. It doesn't make sense to buy a box of 20 of something and pay shipping for that , but then I don't know anyone who actually does that.

Midway seems to be about customer service as their #1 goal. Their lists are always accurate on what is or isn't in stock and how much they actually have on hand, which is a problem with other online sites. Also Midway responds with an email in just a few hours saying that the package is out the door. Other places can leave you waiting for days before they ever get around to sending it out.
Don McDowell

Post by Don McDowell »

kirkwood wrote:[ If you buy sale items and buy a reasonable amount, the shipping prices are not an issue. It doesn't make sense to buy a box of 20 of something and pay shipping for that , but then I don't know anyone who actually does that.

Midway seems to be about customer service as their #1 goal. Their lists are always accurate on what is or isn't in stock and how much they actually have on hand, which is a problem with other online sites. Also Midway responds with an email in just a few hours saying that the package is out the door. Other places can leave you waiting for days before they ever get around to sending it out.
I suppose its mostly about opinions based on experience.
:o Been doing businesss with Midway for 20 years, but have given up on them for the most part as the shipping costs they charge will often make them the highest prices on the block. Sometime just for kicks and giggles go fill your cart at Midway, then go fill your cart at Grafs. And don't forget to check the same items at Cabela's or other, as just blindly ordering from someplace will likely cost you money.
And yes sometimes all I want is a little bit of something, that isn't available local, and I don't really think paying 13 dollars shipping for a 25 dollar item makes it worth the while .
pharmseller
Senior Levergunner

Post by pharmseller »

+ 1 on ammoman.com.

Free shipping, too.

P
We are determined that before the sun sets on this terrible struggle, our flag will be recognized throughout the world as a symbol of freedom on the one hand, of overwhelming power on the other.

General George C. Marshall, 1942
Don McDowell

Post by Don McDowell »

Kirkwood I was going to pm this link to you, but in view of the fact you apparently don't allow messages :o

http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthread ... ost2618591
brionic
Levergunner 1.0

Post by brionic »

Just recently had a fine experience with a smaller seller, surplusammo.com. Shipping was expensive, but that is a fact of life for cross country orders. The order was processed and sent in a timely fashion, and they called me (per my request) when it had shipped out.