OT - Mernickle holsters

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
336A
Levergunner 2.0

OT - Mernickle holsters

Post by 336A »

I'm about ready to buy my first quality leather holster for my S&W M10. After doing a bit of research I have made up my mind on the Mernickle PS6-DA for. Does anyone here have any experience with Mernickle line of holsters?

http://www.mernickleholsters.com/ps/bwcc_daa.html
Hobie

Re: OT - Mernickle holsters

Post by Hobie »

I have a Mernickle IWB for the SA (my USFA 4-3/4") and a PS6-SA. I REALLY like these. The PS6-SA was TIGHT when I first got it. It is a really, really nice holster. At the price they sell them they must be losing money, especially if you compare to some other brands. WONDERFUL holsters.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
H_Talon
Levergunner 2.0

Post by H_Talon »

I'm looking to get one of these when I have my super redhawk chopped
and re-worked ..

http://www.mernickleholsters.com/sh/sh7b.html

Talon
336A
Levergunner 2.0

Post by 336A »

Thanks for the reply Hobie. I know that you said that the holster was really tight when you first got it. But how secure is the gun after the holster has had time to break in? Also will it be suitable for field carry holster?
Paul105
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Paul105 »

I've got this one (only diff is cartridge loops on shoulder strap). It is one of the most comfortable, well built holsters I own. Mernickle makes an excellent product.
/
/
http://www.mernickleholsters.com/sh/sh7cus1.html
/
/
Paul
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JerryB »

I bought two PS6 SA holsters, one for my grandson's Ruger NV 4 3/4 inch .357 and one for my old Colt SAA 5 1/2 inch .45, his was a perfect fit but mine was to tight to get the Colt into. I soaked the holster in hot water for about 30 minutes, put the gun in a platic bag, shoved it into the holster and left it for a couple of days and got a good fit. The Colt rides good in the holster and I don't worry about it falling out. I do recommend them.
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15
stormspotter
Levergunner 2.0

Post by stormspotter »

I have their IWB for my ruger 50th Anniv. 357 single action. It has enough "snug" to retain the gun, but not too much to hamper the draw. I carry this rig quite often, in place of my 4" Service Six.

Republic. I like the sound of the word. It means people can live free, go or come, buy or sell, be drunk or sober, however they choose. Some words give you a feeling. Republic is one of those words that makes me tight in the throat . . . . Some words can give you a feeling that makes your heart warm. Republic is one of those words.
Rexster
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Rexster »

I have a couple of the SA sixgun version, and they are truly great rigs.
Have Colts, will travel.

The avatar is the menuki of my Rob Douglas Wakisashi.
Whit Spurzon
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Whit Spurzon »

I have two of the PS6-SA, GREAT holsters! One for a Ruger 3-3/4" Montado and the other for a RNV 5.5".

The come tight but I just wrap the revolver in a bandanna to stretch it out some. It doesn't take long before they become perfect. I can run, climb and even crash on my XC skis and it holds firm - yet I can draw with either hand. One I've had for a few years now and it has held up great. I'm guessing more than 60 days per year in the field with each of em. I usually carry them cross draw but once in a while I'll go strong side.

HIGHLY recommended.
"There are three kinds of men: The ones that learn by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves." -Will Rogers
Poohgyrr
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Poohgyrr »

I bought two PS6 DA's, one for 4" K frames and one for 4" N frames. I like them a lot. Holds the pistols tight by my side and higher up than some other brands, yet the draw seems as low as the other brands. Like Hobie posted, the price is great and I bought his belt and speedloader pouch too.

I havent wrestled or hung upside down with these, but it looks like the guns will stay put.

Just bought a PS6 for a 5" 1911, this is the same, except there looks to be more of a chance of the auto falling out if much rough housing or any acrobatics start to happen. This is a small, minimal holster fine for where a lot of real physical jumping or rolling around or whatever isn't likely to happen. Holds the pistol up high, but with a low cut so the muzzle clears just about the belt.

EDITED: I personnally llike Mernickle's Diamond stamp too, but you have to ask for it.
John
Family, blue steel & wood, hot biscuits, and fresh coffee.
Luke 22:36 Romans 12:17-21 Ephesians 4:26-32
"Life brings sorrow and joy alike. It is what a man does with them - not what they do to him - that is the true test of his mettle." T. Roosevelt
brionic
Levergunner 1.0

Post by brionic »

I've got one of his "field" holsters that is similar to the P6 but can be worn either strong side or cross draw. It is top notch - excellent design, terrific workmanship. Very lightweight but durable. It is for 6" S&W revolvers, and I have used it hunting with complete satisfaction. As others have posted, his design keeps the revolver tight against the body, which is a real benefit when manuvering through the thickets and for concealed carry

It is surprising how much lighter his holsters are than most I have used - the leather is thinner, but just as strong. My points of comparison are El Paso, Myres, Lawrence, Alessi, San Pedro, Bianchi, Safariland, and a host of others. Mernickle holsters are at the top of the class.