BulletMatch: Cataloging the World's Bullets

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
LeverGunner
Levergunner 2.0

BulletMatch: Cataloging the World's Bullets

Post by LeverGunner »

I mentioned BulletMatch in my Howdy (introductory) thread, but I thought maybe folks would like to see some of what's going on with it. There has been some exciting developments lately.

One of those things; I was blessed to be able to acquire all of Lee Precisions moulds for which I didn't have sample bullets already.

One benefit of having the moulds is I'll be able to test all of the suitable bullets in my guns, and I'm looking forward to that! But I'm also thinking, how the heck am I going to clean and prep that many moulds to get good samples in any reasonable amount of time.

I updated my Spreadsheet to reflect the new moulds/bullets. The spreadsheet stays up to date, so a year from now, the link will take you to the most current version.

For those that don't know, BulletMatch was born from my own bullet collection, and the need for measurements from bullets that have data to substitute bullets that do not. I ended up making a friend who is a computer programmer (an amazing one at that), and I started learning programming; I ended up having the idea for BulletMatch, and It's become as much of my passion as casting and reloading and guns are. It turned out that I've received a huge amount of support from the casting and reloading community with people sending bullet samples and offering encouragement.

One of the neat features of BulletMatch is that you can view all the bullets that will work with a specific cartridge.

Another is the Lead Alloy Calculator

A lot of my inspiration is Frank C. Barnes' Cartridges of The World. I really like his style and layout, and his remarks. I sort of envision BulletMatch to be a bullet version of COTW.

Thanks everyone for looking, and I hope BulletMatch will bless the whole reloading and casting community.

John
Last edited by LeverGunner on Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.

BulletMatch: Cataloging the World's Bullets.

Lead Alloy Calculator
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Re: BulletMatch: Cataloging the World's Bullets

Post by GunnyMack »

You have your work cut out for yourself that's for sure!
I think you are going to need a bigger lead supply :D
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
LeverGunner
Levergunner 2.0

Post by LeverGunner »

It won't be nearly as easy as getting sample bullets that's for sure.

I will sell most of the moulds when I'm done, but I haven't decided how many bullets I want to keep from each mould. I'm considering casting a supply from each in case I get a gun and later want to try that bullet. That'll cut into the lead supply substantially.

Lead Alloy Calculator
LeverGunner
Levergunner 2.0

Post by LeverGunner »

The other day I got all of Missouri Bullet Company's bullets to catalog. I'd talked to them a year ago before I had the site up, and they were excited about the idea then. Now that I'm up and going, they are glad to help. I was told they get a lot requests for measurements that I will provide.

Lead Alloy Calculator