Parker, CZ and Winchester

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Parker, CZ and Winchester

Post by GunnyMack »

All came together today for an epic hunt!
We stocked 50 birds this morning, warm though around 50°. Parker was into every puddle she could find. I couldn't guess how many miles she did!
Anyhow my little CZ 410 got a workout, I fired 12 shots for 10 birds 3" 7narfs by Winchester.
One of the chukar had a band on its leg. I've never shot a banded bird- I'm sure it doesn't mean anything as it's a pen raised bird and not like a duck or goose that flies thousands of miles.
My buddy shot another 6 or 8 birds as well. He is an old field trial guy and is always amazed by how my girls find birds. Parker has really become a fantastic hunter.
20240303_130047.jpg
20240303_120001.jpg
Season ends next week. As much as I love watching my dogs work I'm almost ready for the season to end.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Re: Parker, CZ and Winchester

Post by gamekeeper »

Good shooting with the .410 Will, :D I used to ring some of my Pheasants after picking up ringed birds from a neighboring estate just to see if some of my birds were wandering too.
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Will, you have wonderfully long seasons. Back in Oregon pheasant season was just a couple of months long, starting in October.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Being a club we are considered 'semi wild ' and buy our own birds through outside contractors. The state gives us permits each year to stock and all birds must be tagged. Typical bureaucracy to be in control of the people....
Anyhow, we are not required to stick to state bag limits.
Semi wild hunts Nov thru March. The few outfits that are commercial preserves hunt Sept thru March or April.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
buckeyeshooter
Senior Levergunner

Post by buckeyeshooter »

We have a club in my area where they place birds and give you a dog or bring yours. I enjoy going out several times a year for shooting session. I generally use a hammered double 12 or a Winchester model 12 in 16 gauge. Then roast some pheasant for dinner.