CWD article - prions are pretty scary...

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

CWD article - prions are pretty scary...

Post by AJMD429 »

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/other/ ... r-BB1hBP82

I wonder how long prions have existed.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Re: CWD article - prions are pretty scary...

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Doc, they sure are. I am still trying to wrap my head around the idea of a "misfolded protein molecule" being able to wreak such havoc.
My youngest brother is a retired attorney for the USFWS in Colorado. One of the toughest jobs he had was negotiating liquidation agreements with landowners to have their private elk herds euthanized, bulldozed into a deep pit and burned -- along with a pledge not to raise any more elk for a lengthy term.
I have heard a rumor that careless experiments with sheep scrapie at Colorado State in Fort Collins may have been the ignition point for CWD in cervids.
ole pizen slinger
Levergunner 2.0

Post by ole pizen slinger »

Back in the 90's I took a course in biochemistry as an elective for a major in chemistry. The course taught me that proteins have three types of structure: primary, secondary, and tertiary. Tertiary structure consisted of the complex folding of the protein molecule. Research at that time indicated that primary and secondary structure had been synthesized in the laboratory but the folding structure had not yet been able to be reproduced in the lab. Nature uses enzymes to produce proteins in organic molecules and the mechanism of reaction has not been duplicated as far as I know. I say all this to point out that mankind has been researching areas which are questionable. To paraphrase a quote from a movie, scientists have been performing experiments "because they can never thinking about whether they should." We have long thought that the hydrogen bomb was mankind"s doomsday device. Just recently the worlds population has experienced another doomsday invention--COVID. I cannot verify but can surmise that CWD could possibly have arisen as a result of biological experimentation in a lab. What are some of the biological areas of experimentation currently being conducted: CRISPR--artificially splicing genes into DNA structure, reintroduction of the woolly mammoth into animal history, continuing research into gain of function viruses such as COVID, and others of which I am not aware. How long before man decides he can create a living human being? And a better one at that! Scientists have reached a level of experimentation in which they have no idea of the results perpetrated by their actions. My mother use to tell me "that I had become too smart for my britches." This, most times, resulted in a spanking. My belief is that mankind is headed for a biological spanking of enormous proportions.
He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose.
Rockrat
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Rockrat »

IIRC, the facility in Ft Collins was doing research on prion infections and the fenced areas where they kept the animals were just that, one fence. So when the wild deer passed by and went to check things out, they could stick their nose thru the fence and make contact with the infected animals. Then off the wild ones went carrying the infection to the wild herds of animals. IIRC, it was pointed out that if CO had just put up two fences, maybe 4 ft. apart, then it wouldn't have escaped from the research facility, at least in the way it did.
The facility was about two miles from where my Sister lived and I remember passing by it when it I would go visit. Just off the interstate.
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

First smartypants messed with the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil, how did that work out?

Now self-identified experts are tampering with the Tree of Life.

We'll see where that will go . . . as in the days of Noah . . .
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Let's not forget Lyme disease, another US Army creation! Developed from syphilis.

If covid was a natural thing why hasn't it been common knowledge?

Saw something about how global warming is going to unleash zombie viruses released through the poles melting.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

GunnyMack wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 12:40 pm Let's not forget Lyme disease, another US Army creation! Developed from syphilis.

If covid was a natural thing why hasn't it been common knowledge?

Saw something about how global warming is going to unleash zombie viruses released through the poles melting.
the 'common cold', which we don't hear anything about these days, is a covid.

may be the poles melting is one of the bowl judgements ?

how did lymes get an std?
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Microscopicly lyme and syphilis are almost identically shaped. The conspiracy theories are that the army used syphilis as the donor virus for Lyme.

Prions from what I've read can survive in the soil for the next unfortunate animal to walk by, graze or drink and it starts all over again. Or does is this Mother Natures way of controlling the population?
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
4t5
Senior Levergunner

Post by 4t5 »

Don’t worry , fauci and pfizer will soon have a mandatory vaccine for it.
Rumble.com/ hickock45
765x53
Senior Levergunner

Post by 765x53 »

Since the first cases of prion caused brain disease were discovered in New Guinea. Spread by the practice of consuming the ashes of the dead.
I wonder if the disease is spread by the recently popular practice of spreading human ashes?

Also, Otzi the ice man suffered from Lyme disease.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

4t5 wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 6:07 pm Don’t worry , fauci and pfizer will soon have a mandatory vaccine for it.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :|
:lol: :| :|
:| :? :|
:? :? :|
:o :? :?
:o :shock: :o
:shock: :shock: :shock:
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "