Winchester 9410 shutgun

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Sam56
Levergunner

Winchester 9410 shutgun

Post by Sam56 »

Hi again everybody.

I just purchased new 9410 shut gun and while disassembling for getting to familiarise myself with it and cleaning lt. I found that the hand lever will not come out of the carrier, so I removed them both and found that there is some kind of a pin sticking out of the lever. My guess is that it is a factory machining residue. I will post some photos and appreciate your feedback[
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bronco
Levergunner 3.0

Re: Winchester 9410 shutgun

Post by Bronco »

The pin shows up in exploded views! Someone with more knowledge will come along here.. hang on :D
Gettin old ain't for sissies!
There just has to be dogs in heaven !
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

It's probably just for cartridge control. I think I see the magnetic block on the carrier that the cartridge head sticks to. The tiny pin probably cams the case up to present it to the chamber, overcoming the magnet.
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
Sam56
Levergunner

Post by Sam56 »

Nath wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 3:46 pm It's probably just for cartridge control. I think I see the magnetic block on the carrier that the cartridge head sticks to. The tiny pin probably cams the case up to present it to the chamber, overcoming the magnet.
Thank you Nath
Are there any vedios on the disassembly of the 9410?
Sam56
Levergunner

Post by Sam56 »

Another question.
Isn't the lever supposed to be removed from the carrier. Because I read in this forum somebody looking for a carrier, how he can replace it without separating it from the lever.
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

If it's just a roll pin some good pliers should pull it out but you may want to measure it first in case it gets mangled and needs replacing.

It could just be a means to keep the shell lifter and lever all together for assembly purposes.

Personally I would not fix what isn't broken!
I have but wish I hadn't!
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
Sam56
Levergunner

Post by Sam56 »

Really appreciate your inputs Nath.
Much obliged.
Thanks
elmo123
Levergunner 2.0

Post by elmo123 »

Is the pin there to assist with lowering the carrier when the lever is closed?
I noticed that my 357 AE 94 has an added sheet metal piece on the lever but I am not sure what it does.
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

elmo123 wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 8:32 pm Is the pin there to assist with lowering the carrier when the lever is closed?
I noticed that my 357 AE 94 has an added sheet metal piece on the lever but I am not sure what it does.
It's there to control the round next up in the magazine. 357 is to narrow for the 94 design.
When working the lever partially the next round comes out of the magazine but then if the lever is returned to battery position it also pushes the round back into the magazine. Without the clip thing a 357 case rim can fly past the lever and get hung up.
The rifle will however function fine if you cycle with complete lever strokes.
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!