Chairmen of the Politically Incorrect

Post all political posts here.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
The rules are simple...
- no advocation of violence to anyone
- no cursing

Violation of the rules will result in deletion of the topic.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Re: Chairmen of the Politically Incorrect

Post by gamekeeper »

Meanwhile+in+maine+just+what+it+says_7a2a2b_3599706.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

I tell ya, that GK is hot on the trail of good educational pictures lately…….i think that picture is real and was Teddy’s mascot in the Bull Moose Party.

What a nice day today……cold, but nice and sunny with no wind……….got to trim the blue and pink hydrangeas today…..late winter or you don’t get new flowers. I’ll get out there today with my liberal approved battery powered Ego trimmer.
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

I think we should get up a search party.... :? I sure hope everything is okay up there .
image-1546071784.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Walt
Senior Levergunner

Post by Walt »

I went on my normal 2 mile walk at 4:30 this morning; the thermometer said it was 50°. Surprisingly warm for this time of year. We have rain forecast throughout the day and considerably colder temps later in the week with high winds. I'm ready for warm, calm weather so I can get in some decent shooting.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Hey Walt…..as you know, I’m not well traveled…..what is the year round climate like there….like, cold winters like Jay or very hot in the summer?

As for Jay, he’s doing fine…he posts on Facebook and appears to be doing lots of snowmobiling…..believe his family came to visit so he has a lot on his plate……

Talk about misery…….had to go to the courthouse in Media today….this place is huge…..payed the county taxes, got dog licenses, and went to re-up my gun permit thats due every 5 years……I was 79 days early instead of 60 days so they wouldn’t take me…..then the lady says, “I don’t think you’ll be approved anyway, with that Trump hat and that Harley Davidson shirt with the “Skull Society” and a deranged clown with blood and a knife sticking through the skull makes me think “you bad man”….I made that last part up but I do dress like that….—-00

Walt
Senior Levergunner

Post by Walt »

Six, our part of New Mexico doesn't get any very extreme temps. In the winter it rarely gets below 10° F (and this is at my place at 6900' elevation) and in the summer we may get a couple of days over 100°. The humidity in the winter runs around 15-25% and is around 50-60% during the summer. When our kids and their families visit from Oklahoma and from Texas they always want a humidifier on in the guest bedroom because they're not accustomed to the low humidity.

It seems like we used to get more snow accumulation than we've been getting in recent years. There were a few years when we would get 18 to 20" of snow in one storm but in the past ten years I doubt we've exceeded 8 to 10" at a time.

We're located pretty close to the center of the state and the southern part has higher temperatures in the summer; the northern part is more mountainous and it gets much colder there. There are a couple of small towns in far north NM where wintertime temps have been colder than even Minneapolis/St Paul, like 30° below zero.

Wind here can be a pain in the ash, especially in the springtime because it blows up a lot of dust. Springtime is the least favorite time of year for many, if not most people here because of the wind. Fall is the best because the lows are 40-50° and the highs are 70-80° with gentle breezes. We have more than 300 days per year with no overcast, just sunshine.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Thanks for the detailed description……the temps appear to mimic here……just the temps as the humidity here can take the life right out of you. We don’t get a lot of wind except in the spring with a fair amount of “no wind” in between. Now, where Jay lives it goes below zero all the time……in fact, maybe that’s why he ain’t here….tongue stuck on an old refrigerator by the side of the road…….

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Yes thanks Walt I knew very little about New Mexico especially the weather...🏞️
I've been having a ball with my son and his wife it's been great to catch up and make plans for the future..
I'm glad OldWin is okay I was worried that he might have been stomped by a Moose or a Cornville gal.... I doubt he would lick a refrigerator..... :lol:
deer-freezer-edit.jpg
Walt
Senior Levergunner

Post by Walt »

GK, I've been in NM since 1960. A young gal enticed me to leave for about 18 months during which time I lived in the San Diego area in the mid 70s. I was So glad to get back to NM. I admit that it's at the bottom of the list in terms of median income, health care, schools, etc. but I still love it because of the low population density outside of Albuquerque, by far the largest city in the state. NM is called The Land of Enchantment and the name fits due to the four distinct seasons, the varying topography, ancient history and so much more.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Just got word guys….I Think Jay flew the coop…….out of character…….

Anyway, on to important items like the freezer capacity in Maine…..ahhhh, I do remember many, many times I’d have conversations with guys talking about how many deer their freezers held……….when me and my son killed an elk, it required serious thinking as I was only visiting but I would take a small styrofoam freezer full home. We would rent a grinder and bone it all out except the backstraps and the high on the leg steaks……..saved a lot of room. We grew up in a family of farmers and butchers…..

N.M sounds enticing although I know I’ll never leave here. 49 years and I have it all down to a science as to maintenance. I know every nut, bolt, wet spot on the yard, drainage, blah blah….easy living. What entices me most about N.M is the low density of people and lack of extremes in temperatures. But, like I said, “I’m 69 and no longer have the energy to race around all day like I used to for 62 years.

Maybe in another life but that’s only if I still have my past memory.🤪

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Quote Six
Maybe in another life but that’s only if I still have my past memory.🤪

Yes sir if I get another bite of the cherry I'm definitely not staying on a overcrowded island..

What is Jay thinking of leaving his buddies in the lurch :?: I'm never gonna secure me a Cornville gal now... :cry:
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Glad you are getting some quality time with your family GK. That is what life is all about, my friend. We will be doing the same at the end of April. My son sent a few pics the other day of my grandson sitting under the hood on my boys 85 Chevy K30 while my son was pulling the heads. He is passing tools and helping out. What else should a 6yo boy be doing? :D

Loaded some 30-30s this morning. Someone over the last 30 years gave me about 500 of those old Hornady 100gr short jackets. Figure I'll load a few as a trial over a little Unique for a kid, plinker, or small game load.
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Jay when my lad was six years old he would get involved with everything I did mechanically then he went off it and now he back to dabbling with wicked automobiles.. :lol:
I'm sure glad to hear from you Jay and that you're still reloading for some shooting I thought you'd been kidnapped by a Cornville table dancer... :wink:
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Hey! Is that true..Jay abducted by a Cornville dancer? In order to “have your way” with one of those gals, you have to roll em around in flour and look for the wet spot……

Glad to see you guys had a good time with family…….the problem with today’s culture is that we all get spread around the country. Sometimes I
Last edited by Sixgun on Tue Mar 05, 2024 2:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

My son is really working with him a lot in regards to mechanical stuff. He bought him a model engine for Christmas. It is completely accurate and can be assembled and disassembled so he could see how an engine works. He knows what he is looking at as a result when my son is working on the truck.
They are also getting a Great Dane pup next month. They have an older Dane now, but the new one will be to teach the grandson responsibility and what it means. Our family is big on giving and teaching responsibility at a young age. Was the same for me when I was young.

Haha Cornville table dancers!?
Why do you think I'm loading the 30-30s? For protection. A handgun won't put em down reliably. :D
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Some people get alllllll of the neat stuff.
Last edited by Sixgun on Tue Mar 05, 2024 2:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Hey Six be careful of the stairs in your new shoes... :lol:

Jay, don't forget to post pictures of the new pup..
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Yeah I will haha. My wife had a picture. It's the black and white spotted variety. He's not home yet. Still too "little". :D
Walt
Senior Levergunner

Post by Walt »

Hey Six! the front of those shoes looks like a great place to keep your potatoes! Toe jam just adds to the flavor.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Oh man! Excellent idea! Maybe I’ll just jam the whole shoe down there….it really don’t matter as it’s been broke for a few years.

This constant rain has everything soggy. Super miserable……..

How much rain do you get Walt? My guess about 6” a year…..the one good thing about rain is everything is green….i like green, my favorite color, especially when there’s a picture of good ole Ben on it….i see those sometimes but they are always in a rush to get outta here.

Neighbor must think I’m nuts…well, I am a little……..I power washed the front of the house and walkway today in the rain…..get rid of last years mold and wasp nests……….that power washer I have is somethin’….bought it slightly used from the plant in 1996 and I changed the oil in it twice and a few plugs…..and it gets used a fair amount. Those Honda engines (9 hp) run and run..93 octane with fuel stab.

Walt
Senior Levergunner

Post by Walt »

Six, the average annual precipitation in Albuquerque is about 9.5" but there's quite a bit more up in the mountains. I admit that lack of water in the form of streams and lakes is one of the negatives for the state. Colorado has way more water than NM. You've seen the pictures from our border with Mexico; the "mighty" Rio Grande has had all the state's tributaries flow into it by the time it reaches the border and for all intents and purposes, "wetbacks" is a misnomer. The illegals are more like "wetankles" than wetbacks.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

“Wet ankles” 👌🏿. Wish it were more like “wet and water filled lungs”……not really but I wish the heck they’d stay where the hell they are or at least bring some merit with them.

9.5”? You don’t have much grass to cut. I do 4 acres every 5 days and 6 acres every third cutting…….thats about my life anymore….general handyman and groundskeeper……but…..I don’t have a ball and chain on my leg……..

Still raining and tomorrow with sun and 35 mph winds….

Watching Wild Bill Hickok……

Walt
Senior Levergunner

Post by Walt »

I don't have any grass to cut. I do have a section about 10' wide and 150' long next to the street where alfalfa grows. I use my wheeled string trimmer to cut that down 3 or 4 times per summer but that's the extent of my mowing. Most people in this community don't even do that.

We had some high wind on Tuesday and that happens to be trash day.....I had to chase down my trash can which had blown down the street. The wind blew over and broke some big clay flower pots here and scattered other people's trash around the neighborhood but most of it has been picked up by now.

My shooting buddy came by and we drove up the road to our shooting spot about 10 miles away. We both shot automatics which is very rare cuz I hate spending half my time trying to find my brass.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Funny thing, since I retired I actually like cutting grass…..it’s mindless work that accomplishes……..

My best shooting buddies moved away…my son and Gunny……….Gunny and I were inseparable for around 15 years until he moved to N.C…..as a lifelong Marine he lived everywhere and was used to never staying in the same place………..I still had …and still have many shooting buddies but I got tired of it after being heavy into it since I was a teenager……..in my early twenties I was shooting 10-15K a year, then leveled off to a bit over 7K…….until,one day I just up and quit, instantly after I developed Meniers Disease in my left ear which made me miserable and unsteady on my feet. I still like to talk about it and freely give my knowledge away after 40 some years of loading for over 60 calibers, and casting for them…..still have a couple of hundred moulds, many old obsolete designs, some still new from the 30’s-60’s…

Woke up early (not THAT “woke”) today and decided to stay up…….

Walt
Senior Levergunner

Post by Walt »

I load for way fewer calibers than you, maybe 25 or so and they're all standard calibers, no antiques. I have about 60 molds and I've grown more and more fond of aluminum molds like from Accurate Molds. Years ago I bought a couple of used Lee molds but I don't like them. I probably have half a dozen 4 cavity molds, mostly from Lyman but they've become too heavy to use for extended sessions. I cast with 2 sets of molds, letting each cool on a heat sink while I'm dumping the other into a pail of water. If my bullets start to frost I turn on a fan which blows air through and over the heat sink so the bullets are all come out nice and shiny.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

That’s exactly what I do…2 moulds, bucket of water with a towel over it, fan…..

Whenever a microwave dies the first thing I do is take it apart to get the fan……then just splice the wires and add a plug…..it has the perfect air flow without the noise and bulk of a bigger one…..I’ll put the hot mould with the bullets in it on a 8” sq plate of old asbestos. Has the perfect air flow that is uniform over the mould. I’ll rotate the hot mould so one side doesn’t get cooler than the other…..

I’ve also used 3 moulds but that’s a pain getting it synchronized unless you use heavy bullets or 4 cavity moulds….then it takes 3 buckets instead of the usual 2

Year or two ago I sold 1,000 pounds of wheel weights already in ingots……..still sitting on a thousand pounds along with 300 pounds of linotype and about 75 pounds of tin…..

Man is it cold today….its 35 but the wind is crazy.

On another note this Israel/Muslim stuff is getting on my nerves and even though there’s plenary of propaganda out there by the news I hope Israel blasts those animals into the kingdom of virgins…….or goats.

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Fan

[
Last edited by Sixgun on Tue Mar 05, 2024 2:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Thought for today:

If you really want to see how stupid and easily swayed people are, just walk into a courthouse and ask where the jury waiting room is and you will see 50 people sitting in there reading or looking at their phones.

I saw it the other day…..looked in there and people doing nothing…..all day…nothing……..when that’s all you have to do is either ignore the courts request to fill out the form or write in very large letters with a fat Sharpie, “I believe only God can judge.” and send it back to them.

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

I spent two weeks on jury service and never got called to serve once :roll: each day I was given a different number someone came in the waiting room and called out numbers if yours was not called you went home.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

I got out of it when I got called. The then DA's (now a judge) wife is a friend.

Man. I just took the dogs out and is it freakin cold. Temperature wise it isn't bad, like 15 degrees. But the wind is howling something fierce. Didn't have to coax the dogs too hard to come back in.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Yea, that’s funny…..when I let the dogs out and the weather is messy, the dogs do their business and then come flying in. When I let out Miss Apple yesterday for a walk it was raining…she took two steps, stopped and looked at me…and beelined it back in the house.

On voting I get called every year for the past 40 years. Never went. Yea, like I’m gonna waste my time hearing about a bro who did some sort of crime.The front steps of the courthouse, a 95% white town, the people hanging around outside were, well, you know…….from another community 10 miles down the road.

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Here it is - Road Work Ahead - and watch that 25 mph speed limit.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Gotta load some 45 Colt. Eventually, I'll try some coated bullets in that like I did with .357, but for now I'll load more of my usual Lyman 454190's. Probably stick with Unique. Keep threatening to try W231, but I don't have but a tiny bit. I have about 16lbs of Unique.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

OW, who actually makes these Effanem hats. Got my first over 60 years ago,
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Never trust a man with thin lips and blue eyes…….🤪…….but he does have a nice shave and an exquisite hat.

Meanwhile, in
Last edited by Sixgun on Tue Mar 05, 2024 2:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

I'm most likely related to them. We all are, more or less.
Fiddleheads is brain food.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Ya know something…….id be happy with those “boats” for cruising around a calm stream and small lake….simple, cheap,,and they work.

snkbittin
Levergunner 1.0

Post by snkbittin »

Hello Gentlemen..Long time as usual ..I get busy and all that stuff..you know! So up here south of Boston 1/2 way to the Cape its been an easy winter ..its not over so i wont jinx it. Been doing lots of reloading and cellar stuff..Model airplanes and working on the RR layout
going today to look at a 1960 Wheel Horse Suburban 550 Garden tractor for my Grandson ..Im getting it this is just a formality will pick it up next week
he will be pumped as he will now have his own Antique Tractor to go with the 27' Fordson F .. 41' Ford 9N .. 58 John Deere 420 and 59 John Deere 430 crawler ..he's grown up on them so far and is a tall and VERY Mechanicly inclinded 6 yr old so the Wheel horse is perfect for him to learn all he needs to know bout this stuff ..Will be getting to Shelby ready for the good cruzing weather in the next few weeks and HOPEFULLY the weather this yr is drier than last I hope all of you are doing good and healthy ..Im battling Type 2 ..I let it go for a bit only to get bit..Im back doing the right thing and Gram is taking care of me with the good food..I even look at Carbs and my sugar says FU Buddy!! Enjoy the rest of your weekend!! Dave
Fords..Shelbys..John Deeres..Winchesters..Colt..S&W and O scale RR’er
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Hey Snake dude…good to hear you’re still in circulation……those old Wheel Horses are made tough….last a lifetime if maintained well……in fact, all of that old stuff will least a lifetime with an occasional motor overhaul. And as you know, the modern stuff also lasts a long time but when they go, they go, everything is worn out on them………

Talk about nice weather …65…..sunny and no wind……I’m outta of the house bro…—-006

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Glad you're ok and keeping busy SB!
I was looking at old Wheel Horses pretty hard about a year ago. I wanted a modified off road tractor for up to camp. I didn't want to use my restored John Deere 240. Nothing original, but a modified woods rig. The Wheel Horse tractors work best in this role, followed by the old Sears/Roper tractors.
Anyway, I ended up buying my TW200 trail bike and a John Deere 770. So much for cheap. :D
Can't beat the grandkids thing! My oldest grandson turns 6 thus summer, but already has a dirt bike, and I helping my son pull and rebuild the heads on his 454 out of his K30. We got him a model engine that is 100% accurate and is able to be assembled and disassembled so he could understand how it works. He just took off with it.
We had an easy winter (for us) too.
Glad your wife has taken control of your health. :D
Guys, left to their own devices, rarely take care of themselves the way they should. :D
Walt
Senior Levergunner

Post by Walt »

Hello Snkbittin, I'm a type 1 diabetic which means I don't produce any insulin naturally at all. My biggest help in this has been getting a continuous glucose monitor which eliminates all the finger sticks except when calibrating the monitor. My wife is a health nut so she keeps me pretty well in line in terms of my diet. Take care of yourself.....
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Hey Walt…..Snake Dude stops around from time to time and let me tell you……look around at the people in your life who have all the toys…….I thought I had some until Jay came along but Snake dude has major amounts of toys and NICE ones too. His man cave is unequalled except for the guy on the internet with a basement full of machine guns…….

You know what they say, “The guy who dies with the most amount of toys is the winner!”….Never could figure out the reasoning behind that.

Walt
Senior Levergunner

Post by Walt »

I'd love to see them! Congratulations, snkbittin, that's quite an endorsement coming from old Six.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Walt wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 9:51 pm I'd love to see them! Congratulations, snkbittin, that's quite an endorsement coming from old Six.
snkbittin's RR has to be seen to be believed, fantastic set up.... 8)

I don't have any toys just a hole in my pants pocket.... :wink:
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

gamekeeper wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 12:16 pm
Walt wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 9:51 pm I'd love to see them! Congratulations, snkbittin, that's quite an endorsement coming from old Six.
snkbittin's RR has to be seen to be believed, fantastic set up.... 8)

I don't have any toys just a hole in my pants pocket.... :wink:
Oh man! That's a disturbing picture old buddy. :D
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Hey it's even more disturbing to ME ..... :shock: I used to have a few toys but as I got older things changed, mainly my finances mainly due to broken marriages :(

It's a good job I enjoy simple pleasures like Squirrel hunting and just being outdoors and of course fish and chips and beer don't cost a fortune either.. :lol:

Temperature around 50f but frosty this morning.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Yeah I hear you buddy. I had one go south too but I was really lucky. I still don't have any money, however. :D
I'm pretty happy, so it doesn't really matter. I have more than I thought I would when I was a kid.
Took the big Z dog to the vet yesterday. She had an infected gland in her eye Doc Wing wanted to take out. Old Zoey is a riot. She loves going to the vet. She tries to run out back and see Doc Wing and all the staff. She mills around and visits everyone in the waiting room. Anyway, what she didn't know yesterday was I was supposed to drop her off. When we went through the door into the kennel area she looked back at me like WTF!? :shock:
Luckily, she didn't end up having to spend the night. We got her yesterday afternoon. She is the best dog.
Then we took a ride down to Augusta to go to Sam's Club. We went for a quick supper at 99 too. Hot wings and cold beer! On the way down we had to drop my trailer off at the kids place. He really needs to buy some tools and other un-fun stuff. :D
Last edited by OldWin on Wed Mar 06, 2024 8:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

I hope your dog heals well, my ex gf has a dog that lost an eye as a pup before she got her. Great little dog I miss her more than the ex.... :cry:
IMG_20221022_142731.jpg
CLICK PHOTO TO ENLARGE.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Thanks buddy. She is doing well.
Haha yeah dogs can be the best of companions. That's a good lookin pup!
Walt
Senior Levergunner

Post by Walt »

Best dog I ever had was a female Dobermann. She understood me well. My old coyote hunting buddy, long gone, used to tell me he had a hard time communicating with his German Shorthair bird dog using one word commands. He said my dog clearly understood complete sentences. I do miss her.

My wife wants another dog...we haven't had one in years. Maybe I'll surprise her with a medium-sized dog one of these days.