Longmire on A&E

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
JHarold
Levergunner 2.0

Longmire on A&E

Post by JHarold »

For all you Longmire fans, myself included. A&E has canceled Longmire in a dispute
with the company that produces the show. all about money and power.
the production company is trying to market the series to other channels.
A&E website does not mention much about it. just do a search of Longmire.
Mike Armstrong
Levergunner 3.0

Re: Longmire on A&E

Post by Mike Armstrong »

Not surprised. General rule for me re TV programming: if I like it, it WILL be cancelled.

Thank God for the public library.
Lassiter
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Lassiter »

Mike Armstrong wrote:Not surprised. General rule for me re TV programming: if I like it, it WILL be cancelled.

Thank God for the public library.

Ditto, Brother!
Model 52B
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Model 52B »

It's not a "dispute" or about money and power, but rather A&E's choice in business models.

Many cable networks prefer to own their own programs and produce in-house, and A&E launched A&E studios to do just that. Longmire was one of only a handful of shows that A&E did not own or produce as it was owned and produced by Warner Horizon, and when A&E made a decision to produce everything in house it was dropped.

IMHO that's still a stupid move on their part as Longmire was second in A&Es viewership only to Duck Dynasty.
DPris
Levergunner 3.0

Post by DPris »

One source I saw also mentioned declining ratings this year, particularly in the finale.
I can believe that, liked the show at first, but it just got too much soap opera in it & we quit watching.
Denis
Rimfire McNutjob
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rimfire McNutjob »

Loved the show. I heard that A&E dropped it but that Amazon was in talks to pick it up.
... I love poetry, long walks on the beach, and poking dead things with a stick.
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

We started watching it on Netflix then got so much into it that we bought the last year via Amazon.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

I heard a statement from Robert Taylor saying that they would be bringing fans more stories, they were shopping the show around to other networks. Hopefully TNT or another similar network will pick up the show. I enjoyed it.
NRA Life Member
Canuck Bob
Senior Levergunner

Post by Canuck Bob »

It wasn't perfect but a big breath of fresh air from the 9,000 NY, LA, Chicago cop show clones. Hope it is picked-up somewhere.
BAGTIC
Levergunner 3.0

Post by BAGTIC »

USE YOUR PUBLIC LIBRARY WHILE YOU CAN.

More than a few of them have disappeared in recent years. A friend who headed of a county wide public library for years recently informed me that their library has been closed. Public Libraries have long been used as stalking horses to save other less popular departments. The scenario is frequently the same. The government wants a bigger budget and if it does not get it it will close the public library in order to save other programs that they know don't have enough widespread public support to carry a budget increase on their own backs.