China

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

China

Post by Nath »

They make scores of cheap airguns and some leveractioned shotguns and rimfires but how long is it before we see a full bore levergun from there?

Or am I to late like normal!

Nath.
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
Eye-Bite!
Levergunner 2.0

Re: China

Post by Eye-Bite! »

I never-ever eat anything that is a product of China. When I hear or read "Made in China" It reminds me of Harbor Freight. As the saying goes.... Never buy anything from China that has more than one moving part. (is this a political post?)
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

If this thread does go political then I will no longer contribute!

They make a range of cheap items some better than others.

Their version of the AK was a highly rated version so I believe.

Doubt I would buy,,, a cheap air gun for close small pests is one thing,,,,,,

N.
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
wm
Senior Levergunner

Post by wm »

If you go the Canadian MarStar website you'll see numerous examples of Chinese (Norinco) made handguns that you can buy in Canada and through out the world but they are banned from import here. For example the Norinco 1911A1 Government Model is available from MarStar for $325.

They do offer a rimfire lever action rifle. Check out the pictures....... looks nice. I suspect it internally is very similar to the American made Henry rimfire rifles but I have no way of knowing for sure. I don't see any Center fire lever action rifles but it would not surprise me if they made a Win 94 and / or 92 copy ......obviously there is a demand for them.

The key question is about quality. I will say the examples of the JW-15 and KKW rimfire rifles have been of exceptional quality as was their copy of the Walther Olympic pistol. On the other hand the copies of the Browning/Remington semi auto rimfire I have examined has been R U F F! And their M-14 copies were reputed to be brittle. And the Norinco 1911 was a darling of the custom 1911 crowd because it was cheap, well machined and made of high grade material.

Wm

P.S. The Norinco Bush Ranger bolt action rifle in 7.62X39mm interests me.......... I would love to see someone like Heritage or Henry turn the tables on the Chinese and offer an American made example of that rifle for a real world /out the door price of $250 or so.
olyinaz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by olyinaz »

Nath wrote:If this thread does go political then I will no longer contribute!

They make a range of cheap items some better than others.

Their version of the AK was a highly rated version so I believe.

Doubt I would buy,,, a cheap air gun for close small pests is one thing,,,,,,

N.
Right you are regarding their AK. It's all about each individual item in question when it comes to China. I'd like to find one of their lever action shotguns but they are hard to come by in my neck of the woods. If they make a lever rifle, it'll be all about who is behind it and what quality they insist upon from the Chinese manufacturer. Century Arms? [Barf!] It'll look like the shotguns.

I suggest Turkey as the better idea however. It would only cost a few quid more than the Chinese item but I think it would be made on better machines and with better quality control. More options would sure be nice! :D
Cheers,
Oly

I hope and pray someday the world will learn
That fires we don't put out will bigger burn

Johnny Wright
Ji in Hawaii
Senior Levergunner

Post by Ji in Hawaii »

wm wrote:If you go the Canadian MarStar website you'll see numerous examples of Chinese (Norinco) made handguns that you can buy in Canada and through out the world but they are banned from import here.

They do offer a rimfire lever action rifle. I don't see any Center fire lever action rifles but it would not surprise me if they made a Win 94 and / or 92 copy ......obviously there is a demand for them.

The key question is about quality. I will say the examples of the JW-15 and KKW rimfire rifles have been of exceptional quality as was their copy of the Walther Olympic pistol. On the other hand the copies of the Browning/Remington semi auto rimfire I have examined has been R U F F! And their M-14 copies were reputed to be brittle. And the Norinco 1911 was a darling of the custom 1911 crowd because it was cheap, well machined and made of high grade material.
I see they have a couple Winchester 86/71 clones listed (though currently out of stock).
http://www.marstar.ca/dynamic/product.j ... ctid=83520
http://www.marstar.ca/dynamic/product.j ... ctid=83523

Illegitimus Non Carborundum
Akā, ʻo ka poʻe hilinaʻi aku iā Iēhova, e ulu hou nō ko lākou ikaika;
E piʻi ʻēheu aku nō lākou i luna, e like me nā ʻaito;
E holo nō lākou, ʻaʻole hoʻi e māloʻeloʻe,
E hele mua nō lākou, ʻaʻole hoʻi e maʻule.
`Isaia 40:31
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

The late 80s/early 90s Norinco 1911s were fabulous (and CHEAP!) platforms for building solid IPSC/IDPA guns. Never fancy but solid... and cheaper than the RIA guns of today.

FWIW... China may still be a Command Economy, but it HAS and IS mutating from a totally Communist Command Economy to a "Command Capitalist" Economy.

However slowly (which is actually incredibly FAST in their culture) they are moving TOWARDS Capitalism & Freedom...

Unlike the US which is embracing the opposite and moving even faster towards totalitarianism.

At some point Bejing & DC will "meet in the middle" and that is where movement will end.

At this point I am all for propping up and fostering the Chinese FORWARD progression vs the DC REARWARD progression.

I'd like the two to meet somewhere on the positive side of Liberty...
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
Gaucho Gringo
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Gaucho Gringo »

I wonder how up to date the pricing is. I saw the SKS's at $198.00, less than half of US price. All the Chinese .22 rifles looked nice, again prices 1\2 of US prices for a comparable gun. I would buy that little levergun in a heartbeat. They have a lot more in stock than I see in US. Didn't know anyone was selling Chaparral rifles. I thought they went out of business because of their terrible quality.
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

I can only speak of one of their shotguns, the Chinese copy of the 870 that I bought as an Interstate Arms Hawk 982. It's a little rough around the edges, but it's built like a tank, came with decent ghost ring sights. For the money I'm very happy with it.
NRA Life Member
Carlsen Highway
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Carlsen Highway »

Norinco bolt action .22's are fairly popular here simply because they are cheap, and even the Chinese cannot screw up a rip-off of a pretty good Brno design.
Otherwise their stuff is pretty low grade. I was nevertheless, as the poster above, tempted by a Bush Ranger in 7.62x39 (basic bolt action) but I met a fellow who had owned two of them and both had bad chambers that had been reamed off centre of the bore, and by an enormous amount.
The M14 copies are resaonably common too - on the used market. (Not necessarily Norinco's fault, they are cheap and a lot of people buy them and then find they are too heavy and they are not used to iron sights and so they sell them.) I have had glowing reports from some shooters and others of woeful failiure. I would get one - they are very cheap- but I am always put off.

The SKS's get mixed reviews as well, but generally everyone accepts that they are very average shooters so they don't complain too much, thinking that they got what they paid for. So saying, I met a guy at the range next to me who had a Norinco SKS with a low powered scope mounted on it and he was shooting five shot one inch groups with it at 100 yards with his handloads. (More than one target too.) I was nearly made into a beleiver right there until I remembered this -

Ten years ago a company I worked for commissioned two cargo container ships brand new. They were delivered and they worked fine, until all the portholes and windows rusted out after three months. It turned out they had built a brand new vessel but put old used port holes cannabalised from another ship into it. You have to understand why they did this. It is because
I am sure that at present their manufacturing is a form of a knowing con to deceive the Western world.
If the Chinese adopted quality control like the Japanese did, and an ethic where their products matter, they would be a force to be reckoned with.
A person who carries a cat home by the tail, will receive information that will always be useful to them.
Mark Twain
Bruce Scott
Senior Levergunner

Post by Bruce Scott »

wm wrote:
They do offer a rimfire lever action rifle. Check out the pictures....... looks nice. I suspect it internally is very similar to the American made Henry rimfire rifles but I have no way of knowing for sure. I don't see any Center fire lever action rifles but it would not surprise me if they made a Win 94 and / or 92 copy ......obviously there is a demand for them.
The JW-21 is a 9422 copy.

There is a short report with pictures of it innards here:

http://www.levergunscommunity.com/viewt ... =1&t=23957
KiwiKev
Levergunner 2.0

Post by KiwiKev »

They had a whole lot of Norenco 22 rim fire bolt actions in my boy's cadet unit. Every now and then the trigger mechanism would fail causing the rifle to discharge. They would pack them away and send them off to be fixed. Very dangerous.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

KiwiKev wrote:They had a whole lot of Norenco 22 rim fire bolt actions in my boy's cadet unit. Every now and then the trigger mechanism would fail causing the rifle to discharge. They would pack them away and send them off to be fixed. Very dangerous.
:shock:

That would in my book be an 'unforgivable sin'... gun (of any make) would become a crowbar.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
bdhold

Post by bdhold »

Eye-Bite! wrote:I never-ever eat anything that is a product of China.
yes, and neither do the MDs that I know
Eye-Bite!
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Eye-Bite! »

bulldog1935 wrote:
Eye-Bite! wrote:I never-ever eat anything that is a product of China.
yes, and neither do the MDs that I know
bulverde? Nice town. Hoping to move to Corpus Cristi waterfront soon. Yes, China food products are HIGHLY questionable if not deadly at times.
bdhold

Post by bdhold »

I was just posting about Corpus to a cigar board friend who is heading that way for vacation.
Most of my clients are there, I used to date a woman there, and I know all the good restaurants...
Looking at an Alameda stucco or somewhere around the bay? Or just somewhere on the TX coast?
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

The only Chinese firearm I ever bought was a single barrel 20GA, couldn't be simpler but so poorly made I only kept it a few days. My local dealer still can't sell it... :(

Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

I have one of the Chinese double barrel 12 guage hammer guns.
It seems like a bank vault, and very tight.
Though I think the sling swivels on look stupid.