Krico 22 mannlicher

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
barbarossa
Senior Levergunner

Krico 22 mannlicher

Post by barbarossa »

I stumbled upon a Krico 22 mannlicher at a gun show today it was in real nice condition and had double set triggers , a three leaf rear sight and came with 2 mags and a target type peep sight.Anyone anything about these 22s, it sure looked real nice.
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Krico 22 mannlicher

Post by Pete44ru »

"Krico" is a trademark, the rifles having been made by various German manufacturers over the years since the 1960's.

IIRC, the early maker was Sportwaffenfabrik Kreigeskorte GmbH in Furth-Stadeln, Germany; then in Vohburg-Irsching, Germany, then lastly by Kreigeskorte Handels GmbH in Pyrbaum, Germany.

AFAIK, the Krico brand is now owned by Marrocchi, and is distributed mostly in Europe - although a few US distributors have imported some.

The ones I've examined appeard to be well-made, although not up to the quality of the Walther KKJ-HO .22 Hornet rifle I owned at the time (early 1970's).

Bruce Scott
Senior Levergunner

Post by Bruce Scott »

I have one. I picked it up in very much 'as new' condition about five years ago. I emailed Kriegeskorte at the time and was told it is a Model 302 Stutzen and was shipped from their factory in 1965. The barrel is stamped 'Kriegeskorte & Co Stuttgart". It is a superbly accurate rifle.

Krico website:
http://translate.google.com.au/translat ... CDQQ7gEwAA
barbarossa
Senior Levergunner

Post by barbarossa »

Well I went back and bought it.As far as I can figure out it was made in the 60s.I d post pics but can t get photobucket to work anymore with their new site.
Bruce Scott
Senior Levergunner

Post by Bruce Scott »

I will be interested to hear how it turns out.