haiti candy

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
JNG
Levergunner 2.0

haiti candy

Post by JNG »

My son Gregory Renacs is in Haiti with HSL 46. You can see him on Yahoo news Haita relief efforts page 75,76 or 77. He called and stated that he needed candy for the kids in that God forsaken place. This is not going to save lives, but he seems to beleive it will help.. Please send any or all to
AW-2 (R) Gregory Renacs, HSL -46, USS Normandy (CG 60). If I get a better address I will pass it on.

Thank you,
Joe
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Re: haiti candy

Post by 2ndovc »

That's cool.
USS Normandy!!!

What I'd give to be 20 again!!!

JNG i will send a care package as soon as possible.

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Don't underestimate the power of making a kid happy, if even for a moment. It might not be medically good, but mental health is something else. I will get some packages of M&Ms, Reeses, and such together and send them soon. I will try to be careful about sending things which will melt in the heat and humidity.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Travis Morgan
Senior Levergunner

Post by Travis Morgan »

By all means, let's ignore the folks here in the U.S.A.that need help. :roll:
Hunter Ed. instructor
NRA Basic pistol Inst.
NRA Personal protection inst.
NRA Range safety officer

Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night. Psalm 1
cnjarvis
Senior Levergunner

Post by cnjarvis »

It's amazing what a little piece of candy will do for a child's morale. A worthwhile investment IMO.
KWK
Senior Levergunner

Post by KWK »

Travis Morgan wrote:By all means, let's ignore the folks here in the U.S.A.that need help.
They are less human because they live on the other side of the line?
mikld
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mikld »

KWK wrote:
Travis Morgan wrote:By all means, let's ignore the folks here in the U.S.A.that need help.
Nope. We have needs here that should be priority. I'm not saying Haiti relief shouldn't happen, but some of those millions would be much appreciated by hungry children right here in the U.S. Right now it's just big time P.C. (and a lot of good publicity) to aid Haiti.
Mike
Vocatus atque non vocatus, Deus aderit...
I've learned how to stand on my own two knees...
Modoc ED
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Modoc ED »

JNG wrote:My son Gregory Renacs is in Haiti with HSL 46. You can see him on Yahoo news Haita relief efforts page 75,76 or 77. He called and stated that he needed candy for the kids in that God forsaken place. This is not going to save lives, but he seems to beleive it will help.. Please send any or all to
AW-2 (R) Gregory Renacs, HSL -46, USS Normandy (CG 60). If I get a better address I will pass it on.

Thank you,
Joe
You really need to get the FPO Address or else there's a good chance anything sent will be cast off to a warehouse somewhere. Most times the Navy Postal Clerks will try to forward mail as best they can but with all that's happening in that area now, they probably won't have time to look up the ships movements so as to forward the mail.
ED
Yer never too old
Travis Morgan
Senior Levergunner

Post by Travis Morgan »

KWK wrote:

I never want to be the guy that tells a little kid he has to live in a warzone, or has nothing to eat, or that I just don't care, but we sure as hell have more than enough issues that that money could address here.
In this country, we act like a bunch of crazy 40 something women; our house is a mess, but we'll pee away all of our money to feed stray cats...........
Guess what? Our house and yard smells like cat pee, and we're in HUGE DEBT!

If this keeps up, we'll be lucky to have any change left!
Hunter Ed. instructor
NRA Basic pistol Inst.
NRA Range safety officer

Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night. Psalm 1
Modoc ED
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Modoc ED »

DON'T turn this thread into a Political Thread.
ED
Yer never too old
Travis Morgan
Senior Levergunner

Post by Travis Morgan »

...as I said. :lol:
Hunter Ed. instructor
NRA Basic pistol Inst.
NRA Range safety officer

Senior Levergunner

richest nation; propriety of giving a kid a 2¢ gumdrop

Post by 2571 »

Can y'all stop bickering & somebody get an address?
JNG
Levergunner 2.0

Post by JNG »

This address is: AW2 (R) Gregory Renacs
HSL-46 DET
USS Normandy (CG-60)
FPO AE 09579-1180

He has no idea how long he will be there, or how long mail takes to catch up with him. If he is relieved and receives candys he will forward it to the relief crews.
I did not wish to start a war on line. If you wish to help folks here in the US or else where, go for it. As we all know you can not cry for all who are in need.

Thank you,
Joe
AmBraCol
Webservant

Post by AmBraCol »

JNG wrote:This address is: AW2 (R) Gregory Renacs
HSL-46 DET
USS Normandy (CG-60)
FPO AE 09579-1180

He has no idea how long he will be there, or how long mail takes to catch up with him. If he is relieved and receives candys he will forward it to the relief crews.
I did not wish to start a war on line. If you wish to help folks here in the US or else where, go for it. As we all know you can not cry for all who are in need.

Thank you,
Joe
Thank YOU , Joe - and your son as well.
Paul - in Pereira

"He is the best friend of American liberty who is most sincere and active in promoting true and undefiled religion." -- John Witherspoon

http://www.paulmoreland.com
http://www.pistolpackingpreachers.us
http://www.precisionandina.com