OT--S&W starter's pistol?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
centershot
Levergunner 2.0
Location: Wandering in the abyss of progressive liberal Nu Yorkistan

OT--S&W starter's pistol?

Post by centershot »

A co-worker found this while re-modeling her house last summer. It is die-cast and appears to be nickel plated. It's fully functional, I haven't tried to fire it but it seems to be in 100% working order. As you can see it it a "break-top" design, the barrel is devoid of any rifling and is approximately 30 caliber. It will chamber a 22 cal round, a 22 LR cartridge only enters about half-way so I'm guessing it's a 22 Short chanber. On the left side, the grip escutcheon has the letter "S" cast into it. The right side escutcheon has a "W". Does anyone have any idea who made this? Could it possibly be a Smith & Wesson product?I welcome your responses!

Patrick

http://s586.photobucket.com/albums/ss301/Patrick917/

P.S. - Ignore the pics of that bearded fool and his dog with that new-to-me muzzleloader! :D
"All who wander are not lost."
J. R. R. Tolkien