New Orleans Gun Owners, Please Read This........

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Jeff Quinn
Shootist

New Orleans Gun Owners, Please Read This........

Post by Jeff Quinn »

NRA SEEKING OWNERS OF SEIZED GUNS IN NEW ORLEANS . . . When New Orleans police confiscated more than 1,000 firearms from law-abiding gun owners in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina, the National Rifle Association and the Second Amendment Foundation filed suit against Mayor Ray Nagin and Police Superintendent Warren Riley. The trial is set to begin Feb. 19, according to Mississippi's SunHerald, and NRA is trying to locate gun owners who had firearms seized during that period to help expedite the guns' rightful return and to possibly enlist them as witnesses. If your firearms were so confiscated, please call NRA's Office of Legislative Counsel at 703-267-1160.
Hagler
Senior Levergunner

Post by Hagler »

Jeff,

Thank you for posting this.

I am still betting that absolutely NO gunowner's right will be upheld in this case. I believe that New Orleans WILL NOT be held accountable, and/ or they will drag this out for decades to come. They have done it with the Police Department, and they have done it with the Fire department. They did pay off the winners of a discrimination suit against the former District Attourney, Eddie Jourdan, though. I think the federal rulling is what made them comply, though Jordan's shady involvement with a known criminal could have helped the City along. The State chipped in, too. I smell lots of backroom dealing...

I look forward to hearing more of this.

...and Eddie Compas was the Police cheif that ordered the confiscation of guns. Riley was just his lackey. Now Riley is the head lackey. I have ZERO respect for either of the two tough-talkers.

Shawn
"That's right, Billy, I'm good with it. I hit what I shoot at, and I'm fast!"-Lucas McCain, c1882.
ImageImage
Hagler
Senior Levergunner

Post by Hagler »

...well, WWL-TV Channel 4 just reported that the trial has been postponed, at the request of the NRA. The need more time to find gunowners. A date will be set during a phone call today.

Shawn
"That's right, Billy, I'm good with it. I hit what I shoot at, and I'm fast!"-Lucas McCain, c1882.
ImageImage
Texican
Levergunner 2.0

Please listen to this!

Post by Texican »

Here's a link to a MP3 download for one hour of Tom Gresham's Gun Talk radio program, talking in depth about the NO Gun Grab. I've read about everything in the gun rags (including NRA's 1st Freedom) and didn't hear about the things mentioned in this one interview. Please, please download and listen. Get angry, and get active. This election year has ALL our freedoms in the balance.

http://guntalk.libsyn.com/index.php?post_id=289211

If for some reason the link doesn't work, it's the first hour of the show from 12-23-07 on the podcasts page from guntalk.com

Thanks y'all.
Texican

Gentlemanly Rogue, Projectilist of Distinction, and Son of Old Republic

Hillbilly
Levergunner 3.0

better than nothing

Post by Hillbilly »

sad part is If you do get the guns back you will need a butt load of fine steel wool and gallons of oil to get em looking good.

Evidence rooms are hard enough on firearms... I cant imagine how the katrina guns will look.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

BTT -

Oh how I hope NO and Nagin get the ream on this one!!! :twisted:
Teek
Levergunner

Post by Teek »

What got me was Nagin got RE ELECTED! :shock: :? Oh, well...at least Louisiana got a decent governor out of the deal. Oh, and most of the guns look BAD! I mean really bad! imagine the internals and springs rusted through. And I shudder to even think of what the bores look like on most of 'em. Returned? Hell no! They should sue for like/kind REPLACEMENTS!

Teek
horsesoldier03
Advanced Levergunner

Post by horsesoldier03 »

Its hard to beleive that in the US the day ever came when someone knocked on the door and said give me your guns. NOT SO SURE HOW I WOULD DEAL WITH THAT and hope I never have to find out! Never thought about it that much, I have been keeping all my guns but 1 in my gunsafe. Think I may need to move a few of them around!

You know the saying, Dont put all your eggs in one basket!
Hagler
Senior Levergunner

Post by Hagler »

Gentlemen,

This is being discussed right now on WWL 870AM, in New Orleans. You can listen on-line, too: www.wwl.com

The authors of "The Great New Orleans Gungrab" are on the air.

Shawn
ImageImage
Texican
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Texican »

Hagler wrote:Gentlemen,

This is being discussed right now on WWL 870AM, in New Orleans. You can listen on-line, too: www.wwl.com

The authors of "The Great New Orleans Gungrab" are on the air.

Shawn
That MP3 I listed is an interview with the same author - again, please download and listen - let's get the word out. For those who want the book I think the website is http://www.neworleansgungrab.com

According to the show almost all the guns are GONE. The nice ones disappeared into private hands; the worn or cheap ones are at the bottoms of the bayous. Those rescued from the box truck fall into the latter category. Receipts were not issued, serial numbers weren't allowed to be written down, entire collections disappeared while the owners were out of town to 'prevent them from falling into the hands of looters'. Even so, the more people who come forward the better chance of having the country take notice of this horrible event.
Texican

Gentlemanly Rogue, Projectilist of Distinction, and Son of Old Republic

cutter
Levergunner 2.0

Post by cutter »

Who ordered the confiscation?
Hagler
Senior Levergunner

Post by Hagler »

cutter,

Some combination of Mayor C. Ray Nagan & former Police Cheif Eddie Compas.:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-taU9d26wT4

Warren Reiley is named in the lawsuit, but he was only a Junior Lackey, then. Now he is Head Lackey.

Shawn
ImageImage
bunklocoempire
Senior Levergunner

Post by bunklocoempire »

Would've really been nice if a certain republican president that I voted for would've chimed in when this was going down. Something like "All you armed law abiding citizens who can remain in the area, form citizen patrols and keep you and your neighbors safe." But alas, Americans are not to be trusted defending their own lives and property, apparently only police, National Guard and Blackwater are to be trusted. GGrrrrrrr! :roll:

Bunkloco
“We, as a group, now have a greater moral responsibility to act than those who live in ignorance, once you become knowledgeable you have an obligation to do something about it.” Ron Paul