OT: Receiver sight suggestions for M38 Swedish Mauser

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
ByronG
Levergunner 2.0

OT: Receiver sight suggestions for M38 Swedish Mauser

Post by ByronG »

I recently picked up a Husqvarna M38 that needs a peep sight due to fuzzy sight syndrome. I know there are expensive Swedish diopters like Soderins and Elits out there but is anything else available?
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts."
Moynihan
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Re: OT: Receiver sight suggestions for M38 Swedish Mauser

Post by 2ndovc »

Williams makes one that replaces the rear tangent sight. That way you don't have to alter the rifle. I was going to get one but ended up selling the
M38 I had.

I believe the also make a regular reciever sight that needs to be D&T'd

REALLY wish I hadn't sold it. That was a great little rifle.

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
Old Time Hunter
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Old Time Hunter »

I am actually looking for an Elit right now for my M96. Dummy me, it had one on when I bought it and a gent offered me more $ than I paid for the whole gun. Took me 20 seconds to unscrew the two screws, gave it to him and told him to keep the screws (figured he was used to get'n screwed), boy was I wrong! The guy gave me $200 for that sight, now it'll cost me $400 to get a new one. Still have the +2 front post on it, have to raise the back ladder sight to 600m for it to zero in at 100 yards. Sucker is accurate though, it'll lay 'em in there all day never deviating mor'n an inch.
ByronG
Levergunner 2.0

Post by ByronG »

$400!!!! :o I haven't seen one on sale for a while... didn't realise they were that high.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts."
Moynihan
Old No7
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Old No7 »

ByronG:

If you don't want to drill and tap (also known as "Bubba-rizing" *) that fine piece of Swedish hardware, then consider the NO-GUNSMITHING sights from:

http://www.mojosights.com/swedish_mausers.html

* some would call it rape... :shock:

They work really well by replacing the rear sight leaf, AND you preserve a gem. :!:

It's your piece, but Swedish Rifles are not coming in from the "old country" any more, so please THINK TWICE or more before you butcher a beautiful, historic rifle.

(Yes, I AM rather opinionated on this topic... Most Swedish collectors are...)

Old No7
"Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH
model55
Levergunner 3.0

Post by model55 »

My 38 came with a williams already :twisted: hence a lower price.That said the one thing I did do was put on the Swede front site hood which helps nicely.If you haven't already get stripper clips as well.Just my.02