Lee TL359 190 RF

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
afish4570
Levergunner 2.0

Lee TL359 190 RF

Post by afish4570 »

Lee mold translates to a tumblelube 190 gr. flat point.....been discontinued but wondering if it is any good for my 356 Win and possibly in a 357 Marlin microgrove if the bullet will feed. Looks like a real big meplat for a hunting bullet. Anyone ever used this one???afis4570 :roll: :roll:
afish4570
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Re: Lee TL359 190 RF

Post by Old Ironsights »

I think the nose is too long for a .357. I know it's waaaay oo long for a Rossi... which starts choking on anything longer than .290 from crimp groove to meplat. The TL 359-190 has a .380 nose.
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

It's tough to say in the 356 Win. in the BB94. Not much of a throat. Depending on how big the meplat is(bigger usually means you can't seat the bullet out as far as there's more lead forward of the crimp groove), and may have to deepseat. Then possible you have another problem if they are deepseated as you can expose some of the bullet base below the case neck AND maybe feed problems. Be neat if you could get someone to send you a couple of those Lee's to see how they do in your particular gun. The RCBS 200 gr. FNGC is perfect in terms of chambering, feeding and being able to crimp in the crimp groove. It is the most accurate bullet I've tried, sized .359 and has a decent meplat...not huge but enough. The Beartooth 210 gr. LFNGC is also good and has a larger meplat but you are cutting it close again in having to deep seat slightly. I've not had problems in my 356 Win. with this bullet and it's about as accurate as the RCBS. All Wide Field Nose(WFN) or LBT designs have not worked in my 356. Sorry...not the info you were looking for, but maybe something in there to help. Good luck and keep us posted.
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
afish4570
Levergunner 2.0

Post by afish4570 »

C.Cash thanks for your input. I too have a RCBS 200 gr. FP mold and love it...Just thought I'd experiment with the bigger meplat bullet. Sounds like it would be a good hunting bullet for HR & TC singleshots in 35 Rem. or 357 Max!!! Feeding and deep seating problems solved.afish4570 :roll: :roll:
afish4570
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

afish4570 wrote:C.Cash thanks for your input. I too have a RCBS 200 gr. FP mold and love it...Just thought I'd experiment with the bigger meplat bullet. Sounds like it would be a good hunting bullet for HR & TC singleshots in 35 Rem. or 357 Max!!! Feeding and deep seating problems solved.afish4570 :roll: :roll:
You bet....sometimes you never know until you try! Of course, good to make sure everything sounds right by comparing the reloading manual cartridge demensions with the bullet and make sure everything has room to fit. I could have saved myself some dough by doing that first before ordering up bullets. :oops:
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8