Humor - If your family isn't careful with your guns...

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Humor - If your family isn't careful with your guns...

Post by AJMD429 »

This guy taught his wife not to play with his gun (warning, she uses the colloquial term for the anal orifice when she discovers his evil ploy...it shocked me, since my wife would never say such things about me... :roll: )

http://maniacworld.com:80/firecracker-gun-prank.html
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
44/40
Levergunner 2.0

Re: Humor - If your family isn't careful with your guns...

Post by 44/40 »

Way to go jerk. Help the antis at every opportunity ..
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

I've done similar things to teach family members caution, whether with guns, chain saws, lawn mowers (my wife kept saying she 'checked' for hoses but always managed to run over some, so I got some old hoses from a neighbor, slashed them up real good, and put them out in the grass she was going to mow - she knew I had just bought new hoses which were fortunately safely inside the barn, but didn't check, and THOUGHT she'd run over the new ones when she tripped on the shreds of hose as she was mowing) and so on. Nobody in my family is by ANY stretch anti-gun, so I don't think my sense of humor has damaged our nation politically.
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Otto
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Otto »

Deliberately startling someone holding a gun, especially someone who is known to be unfamiliar with guns, as a way of emphasizing gun safety, is itself an inherently reckless and unsafe act. Besides, the video looks staged.
"...In this present crisis, government isn't the solution to the problem; government is the problem." Ronald Reagan

"...all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed." Declaration of Independence
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Otto wrote:Deliberately startling someone holding a gun, especially someone who is known to be unfamiliar with guns, as a way of emphasizing gun safety, is itself an inherently reckless and unsafe act. Besides, the video looks staged.
I guess I was assuming that the gun was definitely unloaded (I know there is no such thing...) and yes, I wouldn't be surprised if it were staged.

As far as the 'no gun is ever unloaded' argument, however, we DID leave unloaded firearms out where our kids (ages 2-8) would find them, and while observing from the next room to see if they did indeed "stop, don't touch, leave the area, tell an adult" we were indeed taking the risk that our 'unloaded' gun was mistakenly left loaded and setting the stage for disaster. However, the end result was children who DID always "stop, don't touch, leave the area, tell an adult" and so informed their friends. I've gone on to see my kids observe and correct (politely) safety errors in gun handling by adults, including policemen, and range instructors at their 4-H shooting sports meetings. Granted, setting something up with a supposedly unloaded gun is taking some theoretical chance, but we take that theoretical chance whenever we back out of the garage knowing the kids are still asleep in bed and not playing behind the car.

It would be interesting to "interview" the woman a year later though, and find out if she was indeed more careful 'playing' with a gun, or if she simply turned into an "all gun owners are jerks" anti-gunner. The latter would be a shame, so I see your points.

Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

44/40 wrote:Way to go jerk. Help the antis at every opportunity ..
Not nice, Friend.....
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

Not to criticize the poster here but horseplay and guns just isn't my cup of tea. I don't consider that sort of thing at all constructive.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

I taught my wife gun safety and bought her her own. The only downside is that she sometimes outshoots me. AJMD429, I must disagree with you on this topic.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

This one's been around a while. I wonder if he's still sleeping in the garage?
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

BlaineG wrote:
44/40 wrote:Way to go jerk. Help the antis at every opportunity ..
Not nice, Friend.....
It just occured to me that you were probably talking about the guy in the clip, not our poster/board member :oops: :oops: :oops: I'm sorry.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

AJMD429, I must disagree with you on this topic.
What? DISAGREE with me? Impossible! That's not RIGHT! It isn't fair...

...and here I thought all you guys were just my personal minions and nearly ready to call to duty in my Empire!

Talk about bursting my bubble... :cry:

OK - I promise to be good for awhile (at least a day or two, maybe... :twisted: )
It just occured to me that you were probably talking about the guy in the clip, not our poster/board member I'm sorry.
I've been called far worse than that, occasionally deservedly!

deerwhacker444
Senior Levergunner

Post by deerwhacker444 »

Well, I thought it was funny AJMD. Although probably not well advised. It made me laugh when he's in the background doing his Yosemite Sam impression as the fireworks go off.
"If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men
shall possess the highest seats in Government,
our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots
to prevent its ruin
." Samuel Adams
Senior Levergunner

Re: He's not a jerk

Post by 2571 »

This has got to be contrived for the video. Everything is just too convenient. Funny, though.
Scott Young
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Scott Young »

i am appalled!!

i would never disrespect my wife in such a demeaning manner. she is not his b*tch, to use a colloquial phrase, to be taught a lesson. his view of dominance and superiority is grotesque and troubling. if he wanted to play a practical joke that is one thing, but his dialogue reveals he has no respect for her. i council many couples and this trait is the heart of most of the abusers.
444Hal
Levergunner 1.0

Post by 444Hal »

A gun owner handling his firearm like it’s a bottle of nitroglycerin on a very hot day does as much public relation damage as an anti-gunner.

Do due diligence in the safe handling of your firearm, but if you act like it’s the most dangerous thing on earth and ready to go off by itself at any moment, what’s that gonna look like to the non-experienced public. Have confidence & experience in not only how your gun shoots but also how it should be handled.
Levergunning & Handloading
Yeah, I roll my own pilgrim