Anybody got four rounds of hunting ammunition...?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Anybody got four rounds of hunting ammunition...?

Post by AJMD429 »

... Sounds like it's good for about 12 years in jail, if you are in one of these nations with "common sense gun control".... :roll: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/turks-and- ... time-kids/

The elected or anointed officials who make and enforce such laws should be forced to abide by them as well, including their bodyguards. It looks like it's 3 years of jail time for round of ammunition so one of these arrogant political jerks who has a bodyguard with the obligatory Uzi and 32 round magazine, should automatically get 96 years in prison.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Anybody got four rounds of hunting ammunition...?

Post by GunnyMack »

AND this poor guy didn't have a firearm so the ridiculousness of this is just moronically stupid. Fine, confiscate the ammo and send him home, ban him from your country if you like but the big question is why didn't this ammo get found when he was going through TSA screening here!?
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Scott Tschirhart »

Go to a foreign country and you must follow their laws.

I don’t see a problem here.
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

I have to agree. If you go to a another country their laws are to be respected, just as we would expect them to respect ours.

Many years ago there was a movie, Midnight Express. It was based on a true story of an American student who went to Turkey and decided to smuggle out hashish. He had it taped to his body when caught. No way he could say it wasn't his. Because this was becoming an issue the Turkish courts sentenced him to prison. Turkish prison isn't the vacation spot even the worst US prisons are.

The entire tone of the movie was to make you feel sorry for the criminal. In fact, he eventually killed a guard and escaped. Now if someone did that here we would demand extradition. The US refused to extradite a murderer and convicted drug smuggler because some bleeding heart felt the punishment was too severe.

Personally, I think the Turkish have the right idea on punishing criminals. Perhaps if we had more severe punishment crime rates would drop. Nah, just because that works elsewhere it would never work here. After all, look how well our current system is doing. :twisted:

Even more recently the US government bent over backwards to get a convicted drug smuggler released from a Russian prison. She should have done the entire 9 years.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
stretch
Advanced Levergunner

Post by stretch »

...but the big question is why didn't this ammo get found when he was going through TSA screening here!?
Because the TSA is "Security Theater."

And it's not for everybody. If you're rich or connected, you bypass that indignity.
Do the Clintons go through pat downs? How about Jeff Bezos? Pelosi?
Of course not......

On the cusp of an Old fanny burp Rant here.......

-Stretch
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Streetstar »

This story is out of Oklahoma so it has gotten a lot of local coverage

I feel for the guy and his family but man -- talk about a lack of situational awareness on the part of the detainee
----- Doug
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

What’s that line from the TV cop show that stared a future criminal. Oh yea, don’t do the crime if you can’t do the time. And I’ll add, in the country you do the crime.

Remember you DO NOT have U S Constitutional protections in other countries.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
4t5
Senior Levergunner

Post by 4t5 »

Exactly why I will never spend a dime outside the U.S.A
and only in RED states, if I can.
Last edited by 4t5 on Thu May 02, 2024 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rumble.com/ hickock45
4t5
Senior Levergunner

Post by 4t5 »

If I remember correctly a Dallas Cowboy coach had a firearm in his luggage, and I don’t remember him serving any time.
Rumble.com/ hickock45
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

To me it shows a lack of common sense of both parties, the guy should have checked his luggage properly and the court should have seen his mistake was not with criminal intent.
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

gamekeeper wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 5:38 pm To me it shows a lack of common sense of both parties, the guy should have checked his luggage properly and the court should have seen his mistake was not with criminal intent.at
That’s part of our problem here. Everyone making excuses for criminal behavior. The constant excuses of they didn’t know, he’s a good boy, or he’s getting his life back together etc. people need to be held accountable for their actions.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Scary though how draconian the laws are there.

One reason I don't travel out of the U.S....

...and wouldn't travel to Washington DC or Chicago or New Jersey or California unless I had a really good reason.

When I was working retail pharmacy I think my every day carry would have got me a one year jail term and $42,000 fine just for accidentally entering New Jersey... (Concealed 1911 Para Ord 45 ACP with two spare loaded mags = felony concealed handgun plus $1,000 each fine for 14x3 hollow point cartridges).

And where I normally live and travel loose rounds and loaded mags are treated pretty casually.

So I'd have to do a real deep-cleanse to enter Commie Country... :|
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "