Drugged as a kid

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
308magtip
Levergunner 2.0

Drugged as a kid

Post by 308magtip »

As a person who was bred,born, raised and educated by the WW2 generation I was also drugged by them.I was " drugged to church and Sunday school,to visit aunts and uncles,to the grocery nstore with my wago to bring hjome food and to my grandparents home to cut grass with a push mower. I could go on but I guess you get the meaning.
JimT
Shootist

Re: Drugged as a kid

Post by JimT »

Thank You Jesus!.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

"Drugged" to church twice a week here. :lol:
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

:lol:

I remember those days... twice. Once for myself and once for my kids with me and Mrs. YK doing the dragging! :lol:
LeverGunner
Levergunner 2.0

Post by LeverGunner »

I was not raised in a Christian home. I became a Christian, in my 20s, and now... I'm raising my son in church, in bible study, and with hearing my testimonies on the regular. I talk to him about God, and how the only thing that really matters is your relationship with Jesus. I try my best to make life lessons on integrity and following God's will even though it goes against the principles of the world.

I think one of the biggest things a person can do for the spiritual well-being of a child is to not have TV in their home. We do not watch TV, even the news. We don't substitute the phone in it's place either. The farther I get from TV the more I realize that it's a tool that the devil uses to fill your mind with things other than Godly thoughts, ideas, images, and just overall keep your mind off God.
The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.

BulletMatch: Cataloging the World's Bullets.

Lead Alloy Calculator
TraderVic
Levergunner 3.0

Post by TraderVic »

We have a small TV (by today's standards) and pretty much only watch PBS when we do use it, otherwise for our own movies. We quit watching news quite awhile ago.
My wife and I are practicing Christians and serve in a biblically based church.
......lay not treasures up in this world !
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

Sadly, many of my kid’s peers were drugged as children. While some folks refer to folks born at different time as boomers, gen x, gen z, etc. prefer to those kids as generation R. The R stsnds for Ritilan. Too many kids were drugged just because they exhibited symptoms of childhood.

You know, things like short attention spans, excess energy and resistance to parental authority. Just like children have always done. But rather than discipline kids and teach them self control, lazy parents and schools just drugged them into submission.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad