Panic time. . . . an ECLIPSE…!!!

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Panic time. . . . an ECLIPSE…!!!

Post by AJMD429 »

IMG_2187.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Panic time. . . . an ECLIPSE…!!!

Post by jeepnik »

Hmm, looks like we have a Texas judge in King Biden's court.

Sorry Bing.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
COSteve
Advanced Levergunner

Post by COSteve »

Our daughter lives in Austin, dead center of the track so we're going done to visit and watch the day turn to night. Only a couple of days for me and our son who'd going from Boulder, but the wife is staying until the 20th to visit and have some 'girls time'. I'll be 'batching it' for a couple of weeks.
Steve
Retired and Living the Good Life
No Matter Where You Go, There You Are
JimT
Shootist

If you think that's crazy ...

Post by JimT »

several counties in Texas have issued disaster declarations about the eclipse. Travis County (Austin) is one of the leading ones. If you have 50 people or more to watch the eclipse you have to register with the county. Sounds sorta like the judge in the original post above, warning people it's gonna get dark for 3 or 4 minutes. THE HORROR!

https://www.kvue.com/article/news/local ... 1b066bd943
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

I wonder if the illegals will be issued top of the range flashlights at the Taxpayers expense.... :roll:
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

The people they are warning are the same that rush out to buy bread and milk every time it's snows, the same that can't get from one side of town to the other without GPS, the same that spend $17.50 for a cup of starpukes coffee. Ya know snowflakes....
Let it go dark
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

GunnyMack wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:49 am The people they are warning are the same that rush out to buy bread and milk every time it's snows, the same that can't get from one side of town to the other without GPS, the same that spend $17.50 for a cup of starpukes coffee. Ya know snowflakes....
Let it go dark
Exactly!
This thing is supposed to pass right over us here in OH. Not too much craziness yet, but I'm hoping it rains all week!

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

Quite a bit of the media in Cleveland is trying to whip this all up, how to watch, what to buy, what to do, bla,bla bla. ... most are trying to figure out how to make a buck off of it. :lol: .
1894cfan
Senior Levergunner

Post by 1894cfan »

The sky is falling, the sky is falling. WHATEVER you do, DON'T pull your finger out of the dike!! No, not THAT one, the OTHER one! :P :roll:
rock-steady
Levergunner 2.0

Post by rock-steady »

Just an Eclipse...or harbinger of the 'Pocky Clips'?

https://youtu.be/G9uendylGHs

:shock:
"People who need long explanations at moments when everything depends on instinct have always irritated me." ~ Guy Sajer
JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

I don't understand a lot of things but it seems to me that (1) stupidity has become the norm and (2) legislators will use anything as an excuse to exert control.
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Re: If you think that's crazy ...

Post by Grizz »

JimT wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:32 pm several counties in Texas have issued disaster declarations about the eclipse. Travis County (Austin) is one of the leading ones. If you have 50 people or more to watch the eclipse you have to register with the county. Sounds sorta like the judge in the original post above, warning people it's gonna get dark for 3 or 4 minutes. THE HORROR!

https://www.kvue.com/article/news/local ... 1b066bd943
YaBut, those country roads are two lane, often with no shoulder, and can barely carry the traffic load when church lets out.

Anytime you have 30,000 incendiary devices parked nose to tail on those roads, there is definite Peril with a capital P.

first one ev battery explodes, the next, etc. I don't think the fences can contain the chaos.

emergency? can't think of a better one, unless it's wal-mart 10 minutes before the game starts . . .

grizz
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

1894cfan wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:38 am The sky is falling, the sky is falling. WHATEVER you do, DON'T pull your finger out of the dike!! No, not THAT one, the OTHER one! :P :roll:
I'm thinking of a dyke-joke somehow.... :o :oops: :D
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
JBowen
Levergunner 2.0

Post by JBowen »

I have even seen predictions of earthquakes because a few after a total eclipse in 1811 the New Madrid earthquake happened.

I live about 40 miles west of the center of the path and all the towns around here are preparing for thousands of visitors. I think I will just stay home, sit on my front porch
with my pump 12 gauge close by.

JBowen
JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

Tonight we ran through YouTube land looking at the posts about the eclipse. From the headlines since we did not waste time watching any of them it appears this eclipse is going to be -The END of The World - the beginning of the Second Coming of Jesus -the start of natural disasters that is going to wipe out most of the population on earth - and all other kinds of KEERAP! One thing it is a sign of is that STUPIDITY seems to be spreading. I am not sure if it is spiritual, a virus, an alien plot, or the result of living in cities and breathing each other's exhaled air. But it's getting worse. And it is being accepted as the NORM.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

It's due to the repeated COVID jabs, that turned sheeple stupider faster than anything else ever!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Gobblerforge
Senior Levergunner

Post by Gobblerforge »

I have always heard that in the total eclipse the stars will come out. I have always wanted to see that. We plan on riding a little west to get closer to the center of the path.
Click Click Boom
gcs
Levergunner 3.0

Post by gcs »

Seems like a good time to take a nap...
JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

gcs wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 3:46 pm Seems like a good time to take a nap...
WISDOM!