Question for Our Texans...

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Question for Our Texans...

Post by .45colt »

Saw on You Tube "The Guns of Jess Sweeten" . I never heard of Him before and He must have been quite a Lawman. was He the real deal? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0efNsuLtww
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Question for Our Texans...

Post by Bill in Oregon »

An interesting life!
horsesoldier03
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Question for Our Texans...

Post by horsesoldier03 »

I was born in Athens, Tx back in 65. My grandfather was born around 1913 and lived in the Henderson Co area most of his life. He worked the oilfields, and was pretty rough cut. I remember numerous stories he told about Sweeten and his bottomline was Sweeten was a man you did not challenge or provoke. Back in the 80s we had a Sheriff in Kaufman Co (Roy Brockway) that had a reputation that ended up standing trial. Ultimately he was replaced, but I knew him as a rodeo announcer while in high school. He was a good man if you were law abiding!
“Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.”