Chairmen of the Politically Incorrect

Post all political posts here.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
The rules are simple...
- no advocation of violence to anyone
- no cursing

Violation of the rules will result in deletion of the topic.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Chairmen of the Politically Incorrect

Post by OldWin »

I inherited that from my grandfather (the warden). I've just never been inclined to anything addictive or compulsive. He smoked, drank, and ate things he liked. But with a moderation that was unbelievable. I never saw anyone like him in that regard. I'm pretty patient, but he was a master. My mother said she can never remember him hollering or raising his voice. I can't either. He could get his point across without anything more than speaking. He was one of a kind.

Lying in pig zhit.....only to be caught anyway......I'll pass. :D
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

242 WOW that's one heck of a lot of hot air :lol:

I have always been a bit short of patience but although I was a heavy drinker and smoker I never felt a compulsive urge to partake of alcohol or nicotine... however being without a Scatter gun is unbearable................. I'll pass on the laying in Pig zhit though, that does not sound like fun... :lol:
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Short of patience? No way man. I don't believe that for a second old buddy. :D
Yeah.....242 pages. Ain't we a bunch? :D
Well......we definitely are what we are. Nobody is pretending for this long.
I'd think a W.W. Greener, outside hammer, in 16ga.
Whatta you think? Of course, anything on that level is way too classy for me. But I know I wouldn't turn it down. I'm humble, that's why I didn't say a Purdy or Boss. :D
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Jay my patience is mainly short when it comes to stock refinishing :oops: I often end up starting all. over again.

242 pages must mean we all get along okay.

W W Greener made fine and serviceable shotguns I would take one over a Purdy anyday, not had much to do with Boss but I know they certainly ain't junk, having worked in the Birmingham gun trade I am a bit biased especially when some "London" made guns were actually made in Birmingham or Brum as we call it... :D
Anyway if it's a 16 gauge with Bunny ears I don't mind where it came from, my holy grail scatter gun would be a Parker but they are mighty rare over here.
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Hahaha yeah! Well Parkers are pretty scarce in my low class hick part of the world. Lots of Steven's 311s around here, but I don't have a problem with them. They actually fit me quite well, or I grew to fit them. :D
A fancy rig here would be a Lefever Nitro. :D
I lucked into that little 20 for sure. I still haven't fired it. If it was a 16 I bet I would have. :D
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

I had a Stevens 311 it was clunky and heavy but it shot ok, I actually got it for nothing as it hadn't been proofed in the UK and the dealer was liable to a big fine for selling an unproofed gun, funny thing I have had three American guns two shotguns and one rifle that were not proofed, I wonder if they came over here with an American service man who didn't want to take them back to the States, we had lots of US bases over here during the Cold War.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Haha yeah. Clunky and heavy. That's a 311 all right. But like I said, they fit me. Hey! I'm clunky and heavy too! :D
The best iteration of it is my dad's old Wards Hercules model 5000 in 16ga. Just something about it feels better than the 311s Ive had. Can't put my finger on it.
My 26" 16ga Sarasquetta is a better shotgun, but I think I need to take some comb off it. It's fairly tight choked too. It wouldn't be an issue, but I'm not that good with a shotgun. :D
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Here’s your Lefever…….Ill throw it in the same box as the DS……..for real, this Lefever has been my best shooting shotgun of all time……it must fit me perfect…….i don’t even have to aim..just throw it up and pull the trigger……

Still cold and nasty here……last two weeks of January and the first 2 weeks of February…….after that, it’s a cake walk…..

I’m taking care of “Smokey”, one of our semi feral cats……..close to 20 years old……..he was walking around in circles last week and for the first time I was able to walk up to him and pick him up……skin and bones……..made an insulated box and put him in the barn ……that barn is warm!……went out and bought him a “electric cat pad”…….and feeding him Fancy Fiest and milk………he is doing well……….good ole Smokey.

I just named him last week…….we usually just call him the gray cat…

1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Nice buddy! When I was young, I wanted one of those bad. Never got one though. Plus, I never was a big shotgun guy. I think my dad always wanted a nice shotgun. He talked about that Parker his buddy had all my life. Then he had it for half an hour. :D
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Yea Jay….but did you know there were 2 generations of Lefevers? The early ones were on par with Parker’s while the later ones like mine were on par with a Stevens, but slimmer and not as bulky…….

I’ve turned down many old Colt DB’s and other “pre fluid steel” shotguns because of the danger……shotguns are the most likely guns to blow up with normal loads, other than modern Rossi’s…..

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Yeah, I knew the earlier guns were nicer. Not as beefy as the later ones.
I never had a use for the old black powder shotguns. Some were beautiful guns too. I bet they had some proud owners back in the day.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Hey! Where’d everybody go? Yea…..it’s been a slow news day here too.

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Yeah......
Started out as a great day. I ran up to camp to re-cover the tractor before we get more garbage weather.
Anyway, I had to get a 2x4 to bring up. Wouldn't you know it, I hit the back window of my truck. Weeeellllllll......great!
Now I got a hillbilly duct tape window. :D
But, I'm a step above cause I got the dark tape, not that low class silver stuff that would clash with the truck.

Nope.... I can't lie to you boys.....
I only got that tape cause I swiped it from work. It's way too high brow for me. :D
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

When I worked for British Leyland duct tape was used for things you'd never believe, so much duct tape was wasted it's probably why British Leyland went bust.
One guy brought blue movies and a projector to work and built a tiny cardboard cinema complete with chimney for cigarette smoke with several rolls of duct tape, we couldn't turn out the lights so the cinema was necessary to see the screen :lol:
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Haha nice!
My oldest son had a friend in HS who had a pair of shoes made completely of duct tape. Wore em all the time. WTH?
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Shoes made of duct tape?……first there was spray painted shoes now duct tape shoes………sorry, no way I can top that.😜

Sucks on the windshield bro…..$100 and a call to Safelight…..yea, those back and side windows break into little pieces……..you might as well “bro-ize” and get the tinted glass…..hang some fuzzy dice and curb feelers to complete the brotherization…….a few greasy head stains on the seat covers and some spray musk oil helps too.

On one Safelight commercial a bro breaks his windshield with a 2x4……what were you doing, throwing 2x4’s like spears?

Biiiiiiiiigggg day this Saturday……

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Yeah, its amazing how you change as you get older.
Years ago I'd of lost it after breaking that window. I was pretty particular about my vehicles. I still am about my bike and my Jeep to a lesser degree. I haven't even washed that truck in months.
I broke that window and didn't even really have a reaction.
I wasn't happy, but oh well. I just taped it up and went about my plans for the day. My dad seemed more upset than I was.
I think some of it is your sense of what is really important changes as you get older. In the last couple years Ive shot 3 unfired guns too. I'm sure it's age. You start to notice the sand running out.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Jay you have hit the nail on the head..as I have got older I care a lot less about things that would have wound me up years ago. Life goes on regardless of how much milk is spilt...

Yesterday and today the temperature has been in the 50s with showers and grey skies.
Walt
Senior Levergunner

Post by Walt »

It seems like we've had more cloudy weather than usual here. There's still some snow from a week or two ago under the trees but the temps have been warm enough that all we've gotten is a few rain showers.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Fog and drizzle….45 degrees………

As far as maintenance on my toys and the house I’m still pretty anal and that’s probably because of monetary reasons….I expect my stuff to fire right up with no aggravation. Had a near dead battery in the Rubicon yesterday and it’s a somewhat new battery, maybe 6 months old…..it did start just barely …..been sitting in the garage undercover for a couple of months.

Underwear? Yea…they get soiled/stained faster than they used to. That’s an idea for a new invention…a little stick on patch….or I guess what I’ve been doing for most of my life……when I make a little mess, I just turn em inside out and they are new again. Yea, I’m 69 years old with a 10 year old brain.

You want to talk about aggravation…….try calling up the U.S Treasury Dept. and try to get a talking person…..I’ve been on the phone for and hour and a half and an hour of that was “pushing “3” and then “1” and then “6”…..and getting transferred 11 times.

Jay…that ‘86 I offered to you for 45……..another one just like it, but just lesser condition is going off Saturday…..I have too many ‘86’s around here….

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

"I have too many ‘86’s around here…."

That's something you don't hear very often............ :shock:
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Oh, I do maintenance. Plenty. I just run out every time it's Dusty and wash and wax them anymore.
I have an Odyssey battery in my Rubicon. Big bucks, but run a winch and wheel my Jeep. In the winter, I keep it on a tender so the battery doesn't drain down. Low voltage will screw up electronics quick.

Toi many 86s.......oh man! I have one. Truthfully, that is too many haha. I dont shoot it at all. :D
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Well GK…back in my day 1886 Winchesters were as common as Rossi’s are today…….the only difference is the warranty they both came up with….Winchesters were guaranteed to work for 2 hundred years and Rossi warrantied their guns to work in words only although there is a clause on the back page, “will make excellent r bar”….

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Jay…before putting a trickle charge on the Rubicon should I disconnect either terminal? I don’t like the idea of electric flowing in the Jeep for weeks on end.

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

If you are going to put it on an active charger, I probably would disconnect. Just to be safe. When using a tender I don't.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

OK, thanks bud……makes common sense….i usually didn’t when using a full charger but I was observant enough to check on it after a couple of hours………this thing in the garage I just want to plug it and forget it.

Odyssey battery? Check PM….

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Yeah. May be ok but I wouldn't chance it. Of course, electrical isn't my strong suit either.
Walt
Senior Levergunner

Post by Walt »

I have a couple of ATVs and also motorcycles; I keep battery tenders on them when I'm not using them. I do not disconnect their batteries and they do fine even not riding them for months throughout the winter.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

I don't disconnect for a tender either. Keep one on my Jeep in the winter. Keep my bikes and wheeler on one too.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Thanks Walt…..as all of my toys are inside the barn or garage, I worry about a fire……I do buy good stuff but I don’t trust near anything anymore….sign of old age….I guess…….or maybe it’s because I’m stupid and not very worldly.

I slept 5 hours and woke up (not THAT woke) and was wide awake. It’s a turn from my normal 9-10 hours…..

All the snow melted, it’s heavily overcast, and drizzling………..maybe I’ll head downstairs and play with some guns I ain’t held in 20 years.

JAY….what are you doing up so early?

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Early? I've been up since 5:30. Went to bed about 11 last night.
I don't work till tomorrow night. Friday, Saturday, Sunday.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Ok, does it stink at work? That joke came in reference to a town about 10 miles away on the Delaware river called Marcus Hook…..Sun Oil has a huge refinery there and it stinks there.

Did you hear Biden wants to demolish 4 hydroelectric dams ………..to bring back wild salmon….

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

It doesn't where I work. Well...... it stinks, but not the smell.

Haha yeah they been talking about pulling all the hydro dams out of the Kennebec for years. Problem is, it's not only where all the power comes from, but they keep the flooding to a minimum. We just had that big storm and flood, so it's fresh in people's minds now. Plus, you got all those rich folks that live on the river. They pull the dams and the river front property won't be anymore. Most of em are big liberals too. Even better.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Yea bro…it’s insane! These dams in question supply 8% (or several million homes) of the states electricity…can’t remember the state …Nevada?……

Then they don't want to use more fossil fuels for the other electric plants which will be needed…..SEE THE CONNECTION???……while I’m no rocket scientist (just a brain surgeon) I can see they are cutting off their noses to spite their face……..there will either be brownouts or limited electric..the SAME as cars…they are forcing EV’s on us even though there’s a million inconsistencies as to their worthiness.

This is an all out attack by the ruthless left.

Now they want a tariff free trade with China so China can make cars and destroy our entire auto industry. Me and you will be able to buy a 3 cubic feet 3 wheeled car while they have their limos.

That Taylor Swift is another one of those green whack jobs Has her own jet to fly around the world while she tells us to save gas….sixkening.

The other day the ones who control the world had a meeting on what to do if Trump becomes President!!!! Huh? The corruption is so ingrained into the monetary system that “they” are willing to destroy the economy and with it, the lives of millions……just so they can “save the planet” while the rest of the 3rd world continues to destroy the environment….

I can really sense it now…….theres going to be a 2/3rds population reduction.

Man! I’m so glad I’m retired……and old. 😝——00 These young college kids who are pushing it are being used like wet rags.

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

It ain't to save the planet, it's to save (and grow) their power. The more deprived, destitute, and dependant the population is, the more power they have and can take.
Simple as that.

And nothing is going to stop it. It's much too late for that.
Because if it looks like they aren't going to succeed, they will burn the whole thing down before letting freedom prevail.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Yea….better insight than me……….and I agree, they are deprived and will sacrifice millions of peoples lives to obtain the power……look at HRC and all of her devious attempts to destroy POTUS Trump.

Well,I can assure you that they won’t burn down Ole Yeller…..I’ll drive it far and away…screw everything else, except the dogs…well, maybe mom, but only if she cooks me a super breakfast on the given day.

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

That's a solid plan buddy. About the same as mine, but I have a shorter drive. :D
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

In the UK and some European countries they are talking about conscription. We are being told that Russia seems to be the threat even though we are awash with rag heads etc. the illegal immigrants far out number the troops that Hitler assumed he needed to take our little island. Whatever, it's only another a plan to screw the working man one way or another and make money for some Fat Cats somewhere..for instance where would all the new uniforms be made ? my guess would be China ... :evil:

I don't have a plan, I'll think about it when my ammo runs out.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

GK….I read that about the conscription from your parts. NOW is the time for conservative Englandians (hey! I made that up) to voice their fears about most people being helpless in the face of an invasion…(remember the Lend Lease)……….

It’s a fact that the funny eyed little peter Japanese declared they could never invade the U.S. because of people like us.

Of course, an invasion is never going to happen until we are all seriously weakened by a microbe, which, by the way is coming. It’s a hell of a thing to say but the farming community is at its apex of “bushels per acre”, we WILL be running out of fossil fuels in the not-too-distant future and it’s my firm and logical belief that mankind’s existence……or the majority of mankind………is on this side of 100 years.

The Arabs, bro’s, Asians and about near everyone “south of the border” are all breeding out of control and if you put their collective intelligence together, you might wind up with a 7 IQ. That’s not a racist belief, it’s a realistic truth.

At least the Africans have their own way of population control via Ebola, AIDS, constant wars, no caring attitude, lack of Nike sneakers, heart clogging food intake, eating monkeys and worms, etc, etc,………and no one outside of Africa cares.

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Yes sir! Things sure are looking up. Shaping up to be a good year.
Gonna party like it's 1939.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Yes sir! Things sure are looking up. Shaping up to be a good year.
Gonna party like it's 1939.

I'm sure gonna drop that one into a few conversations......true, funny but scary all at the time.

I see on the general forum JimT is advertising Sixguns baby sitting service.... :?
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Yeah. Not to make light, but there's nothing you can do but hang on. May as well have fun if we can.

Yeah, I saw that. WTH? :D
I couldn't help it. I went back and made a smart alleck post. :D
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

I didn’t see dat! I is a gonna luke-see.

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Man! Tonight is dragging like this thread is starting to.
Last one at least, then I'm out for the week. Of course, I'll have more snow to clean up waiting for me when I get home. Oh well.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Good…you deserve all of that extra work when you get home…….after all, I’m sure you’ll be well rested and the only time you’ll be awake is when your driving home….sleep well my friend. Just go behind some big machine with a blanket and pop a beer…you’ll be asleep in 15 minutes…..I know these things…..

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

I can sleep on the way home too! My buddy's driving.

Hey! A beer sounds pretty good! I should start packing a couple in my lunch box. :D
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

When I worked night shifts I tried having a beer at the end of the shift like I did at the end of the day shift but it just wasn't the same. As for sleeping on the job we had a system that if the factory couldn't run we would be sent home on 80% if before 10pm but after 10pm we got 100% but then had to stay untill the end of the shift, finding somewhere to sleep got inventive :lol:

Temperature in the 50s today.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

I can't do it either. And I've worked nights for decades. Lots of guys on 3rd shift back in the day used to go out in the morning for beer after work. There was a local place that would open up and serve just cause of 3rd shift at work.
I just couldn't. Even when I got home, it didn't even criss my mind. I would eat a little "breakfast", and fo to bed immediately. Then get up a 2pm and swill coffee.
Just like I'm doing now! After my Monday morning power nap.
The Week Is Mine! :D
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Yea…..drinking beer in the morning is well, strange….but I have been known to do it…..

Back in the day, say…..early eighties, it was nothing for half of us to have a buzz on. The warehouse was cold and we wore heavy coats all day. Me and Clint decided to have a contest to see who could sneak in the most amount of beer……we both wore army field coats with liners and he won with 16 Michelobs……bottles!…..…stuffed down each sleeve, top and bottom pockets and in between the coat and the liner….
I had 8 as I was afraid of one falling out and breaking………in an hour and a half every forklift driver was semi drunk……and of course, weed was being passed around.

They were stress free days and I loved going to work……bosses (lower rank) would look the other way as long as we did our job…and we did…

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Hahaha yeah everything was better back in the 80s! We lived in a country that made some sense at least. I spend too much time thinking about the old days.....but I'm sure glad I had em! :D