A little Australia Wildlife.

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Nicknack
Levergunner 1.0

A little Australia Wildlife.

Post by Nicknack »

A bit off topic on firearms but I'd thought I'd share.
I was mowing our four acre jungle on the Sunshine Coast of Australia before it rains again :roll: and two Water Dragons came up from the creek to feast on the mashed insects, one wasn't worried about me at all, usually they are very shy.
Sometimes you see them in a nice grey blue colour. Also we are home to the beautiful Yellow Tail Black Cockatoos and some times the Red Tail blacks as well a bringer of rain. (not my photo). I always enjoy mowing the lawn on a zero turn ride on mower and enjoying the wild life here.
Water Dragon 2.jpg
Water Dragon.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
It's dead easy to die; it's the keeping on living that's hard - Douglas Mawson - Scientist and polar survivor
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Re: A little Australia Wildlife.

Post by gamekeeper »

Fascinating wildlife, my son and his wife are on their way back to Australia after 12 months in NZ he sends me photos of the wildlife quite often.
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
Nicknack
Levergunner 1.0

Post by Nicknack »

Fascinating wildlife, my son and his wife are on their way back to Australia after 12 months in NZ he sends me photos of the wildlife quite often.
Thanks I hope us Aussies made you feel welcome! we are blessed with the most wonderful bird life and some of the most venomous snakes on Earth here on our place, the second most venomous snake in Australia or if not the world is the Easter Brown and or the Coastal Taipan but they do avoid the mowing LOL. We also get the Pale Headed Rosella often turn up as well as the Pink and grey Galah and Sulfer Crested Cockatoo.
Pale Headed Rosella.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
It's dead easy to die; it's the keeping on living that's hard - Douglas Mawson - Scientist and polar survivor
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Amazing wildlife you have down there -- and some of it concerning. Was just reading about the new record Sydney funnel spider at 3.1 inches -- and some poor bloke up north who had a 4-meter saltie hop into his "12-foot tinnie"! Talk about your "I need fresh shorts scenario." :lol: :shock:

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2024-01-02/ ... iO8V8iVEpI
KWK
Senior Levergunner

Post by KWK »

There wasn't much wildlife in the south suburbs of Melbourne where we lived for a while. I can say you folks have the noisiest birds I've ever come across.
TraderVic
Levergunner 3.0

Post by TraderVic »

Beautiful wildlife pics...
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Another stop on the bucket list journey!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
jkbrea
Senior Levergunner

Post by jkbrea »

You have some crazy wildlife in Australia! I'll stick to grizzlies and mountain lions. :lol:
I love watching videos of kangaroos though. They are hilarious and freakishly strong!
Paladin
Senior Levergunner

Post by Paladin »

Thanks for the photos. One of two continents I haven't made it to.
It is not the critic who counts
mickbr
Levergunner 3.0

Post by mickbr »

Nice pics, I am Australian by birth, moved back here recently to care for my aged mother. Family still in Californistan and some in Canada. This country sure has changed since the 80's.