Hornady Lock-n-Load Bushings

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Rimfire McNutjob
Advanced Levergunner

Hornady Lock-n-Load Bushings

Post by Rimfire McNutjob »

Does anyone use these Hornady die bushings on their press. I know they are mainly available on Hornady presses but you can get conversions for some RCBS presses. I was just wondering how useful people find them compared to the myriad of die locking rings from everyone else that are out there.
... I love poetry, long walks on the beach, and poking dead things with a stick.
Paul105
Levergunner 2.0

Re: Hornady Lock-n-Load Bushings

Post by Paul105 »

First off let me say that I'm real lazy and anything that reduces effort is a plus for me.

I have two RCBS Rock Chuckers (one was bought as a backup). The original is set up for use with the Loc n Load bushings and I really like them. Also, they can save some time if you're only loading a limited number of rounds at one time.

If you aren't lazy like me, and screwing in dies isn't a chore, then they aren't worth it.

FWIW,

Paul
Rimfire McNutjob
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rimfire McNutjob »

Yeah, I thought I had better ask. There might be things I wouldn't have considered ... like maybe they allow the die to float and self center or something. Best to ask those with experience using them.
... I love poetry, long walks on the beach, and poking dead things with a stick.
44shooter
Levergunner 3.0

Post by 44shooter »

I use them since I have a Hornady kit and the press requires them. I bought some extras but it can get pricey if you outfit a lot of dies. They do just pop into place like closing a bolt action.
765x53
Senior Levergunner

Post by 765x53 »

44shooter wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 7:57 pm I use them since I have a Hornady kit and the press requires them. I bought some extras but it can get pricey if you outfit a lot of dies. They do just pop into place like closing a bolt action.
That was always my thought. If you don't have all your dies equipped, what are you gaining?
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

I use them. They work fine in the Rock Chucker.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...