Got banned from Marlin Owners site

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Mossyoak1957
Levergunner 2.0

Got banned from Marlin Owners site

Post by Mossyoak1957 »

Just got banned from the Marlin Owners Forum all because I didn't agree with some of there views.
They act like they are all for Freedom of Speech until they don't want to hear your opinion.
There are some thin skined Moderators on there.

I surely won't be losing any sleep over it...... :lol:
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Got banned from Marlin Owners site

Post by Grizz »

Mossyoak1957 wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 10:18 am Just got banned from the Marlin Owners Forum all because I didn't agree with some of there views.
They act like they are all for Freedom of Speech until they don't want to hear your opinion.
There are some thin skined Moderators on there.

I surely won't be losing any sleep over it...... :lol:
Don't worry, we got banned years and years ago. That's how we got here. LOL
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

I never got banned, but I got a warning once for just mentioning I had some old Marlin parts I was thinking of selling. Some idiot sent me a warning message telling me I needed to post this in the "For Sale" section, and I told him I hadn't even decided if I was selling, or what price I'd put on them?
Then on another occasion I got another clown in the For Sale section who told me I needed to delete or mark my ad as "SOLD" if the item was sold. I told him it wasn't sold, so why would he send me the message?
I finally gave up on the site and didn't go back for many years. I'd been on the site since it's inception by the original owner, and it was a great forum in the beginning. But there's too many sections, too many moderators that are full of themselves, and either too much moderation, or too little at other times. And at times they allow paying advertisers to break rules, simply because they pay for ads.
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
Mossyoak1957
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Mossyoak1957 »

marlinman93 wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 10:42 am I never got banned, but I got a warning once for just mentioning I had some old Marlin parts I was thinking of selling. Some idiot sent me a warning message telling me I needed to post this in the "For Sale" section, and I told him I hadn't even decided if I was selling, or what price I'd put on them?
Then on another occasion I got another clown in the For Sale section who told me I needed to delete or mark my ad as "SOLD" if the item was sold. I told him it wasn't sold, so why would he send me the message?
I finally gave up on the site and didn't go back for many years. I'd been on the site since it's inception by the original owner, and it was a great forum in the beginning. But there's too many sections, too many moderators that are full of themselves, and either too much moderation, or too little at other times. And at times they allow paying advertisers to break rules, simply because they pay for ads.
Sounds about right.
Old No7
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Old No7 »

There is occasionally some good model-or caliber-specific info posted over there...

I'll stop in occasionally.

But as they say for the differences between Heaven and Hell...

You can go there for the scenery, or stay here for the company.

Old No7
"Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

I've been over there off and on over the years, but haven't really stuck. It was useful hearing the back stories when Remington began its catastrophic move of the New Haven machinery -- but yes, a lot of personalities.
I don't care much for castboolits, either, thanks to their classified policy. You may NOT put up anything for sale there that you put up on any other forum. I did this once -- had probably forgotten that I had even posted it -- when I got a nastygram that some snitch had ratted me out and I was not only temporarily suspended but had "demerits" added to my account! Can you imagine? And I support their fund drives!
mickbr
Levergunner 3.0

Post by mickbr »

I rarely use marlinforums but mentioning cast boolits I had one profile banned over there a few years back. Over an argument about a fella who spent 100k on some high level gun auction. One mod started altering my posts. i complained and next I logged on I got a message saying I was banned and the reason was "Troll". So I said lol and moved on.
wvfarrier
Senior Levergunner

Post by wvfarrier »

I got banned from there several years ago. Buncha sissies.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
A bondservant of our Lord, Christ Jesus
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

I got suspended from Rimfire Central a few years back after calling them a bunch of democrats, they also gave me a lot of flack for not liking the the Beatles .
I rarely go there now... :lol:
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

Some years back quite a few folks were banned for not drinking the cool aid.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
jkbrea
Senior Levergunner

Post by jkbrea »

Haha...these moderators must all be HOA presidents!
Sarge
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Sarge »

I've been a member over there about three years and thus far, have had no trouble. I don't suffer fools gladly or pretend Marlin is the only good lever action, so my days may be numbered.
People were smarter before the Internet, or imbeciles were harder to notice.
ywaltzucanrknrl
Levergunner 2.0

Post by ywaltzucanrknrl »

Well, I like my Marlin, but given the comments about the forum, I doubt I'll ever visit it. Only one comment was remotely positive----if it was a book and those were book reviews I wouldn't read it.

Also just noticed and I realize that there are disagreements on this forum occasionally, but the last comment made under "Forum Behavior" was made roughly ten years ago----that's a pretty good compliment to this forum right there. Yeah Leverguns---great forum!
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Some folks just take everything TOO seriously. I visit other sites on occasion, but don't post much other than perhaps a 'how-to' thing if someone has a question nobody else has answered yet.

I think by and large the DIFFERENCE between here and third other places is that here, the occasional thin-skinned person gets offended and decides to leave, but on the other places, the thin-skinned ones are the ones running the place.

I've posted links on other forums to more lengthy posts I've put up here, and always wondered if that irritated the other forum owners like it might be 'stealing customers' but nobody has ever said anything.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

I'm only interested in hanging out with you all. Don't have time for other sites! :D
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Streetstar »

I was booted from the “Politics & Religion” section of a cycling forum I visit for basically being a libertarian and not agreeing with mass gun confiscation after the Uvalde shooting

Oh well
----- Doug
1894cfan
Senior Levergunner

Post by 1894cfan »

Just got banned there myself for the SECOND TIME, won't be losing sleep over it either! :mrgreen:
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

If it was me I'd start a new username and start asking questions why XYZ (me) got banned. Just pester the forum for kicks...
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
gcs
Levergunner 3.0

Post by gcs »

I miss all the good stuff!
Been a member for years, never had an issue, or noticed anything worthy of being banned, but I'm not delicate and most things don't bother me...lol
Ray Newman
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray Newman »

"...but I'm not delicate and most things don't bother me."
--GCS

BINGO! My thoughts exactly.
The most important aspect of this signature line is that you don't realize it doesn't say anything significant until you are just about done reading it & then it is too late to stop reading it....
Grand Poo Bah WA F.E.S.

In real life may you be the bad butt that you claim to be on social media.