HSM 38 special 158 Grain RNFP ammo

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
bcraig
Levergunner 2.0

HSM 38 special 158 Grain RNFP ammo

Post by bcraig »

I went ahead and picked up a couple of Boxes of the HSM 38 special 158 Grain Cowboy Action Lead RNFP that was on sale at a local Sportsmans Warehouse.

I am thinking that they will be Subsonic from the Rossi 92 16 inch Carbine but Even if they arent they will definetly be Subsonic from my Smith 6 inch 586 as they are rated at 840 FPS from a 5 inch Barrel.

Picked up 2 boxes of 50 rounds for 70 bucks which included 7% tax,which aint great but aint bad neither at 70 cents a round.

The rounds seemed to function fine even though a few had some nicks in them after function testing ,even though they have a brinnel Hardness of 15.

While I dont think they will get any expansion or fragmentation they will be fine for plinking , although for home defense something like the Remington 38 Special 158 grain + P Lead Semiwadcutter Hollowpoint would Probably be a lot better.

I am going to try to get out in the Backyard Tomorrow and shoot a few.