High Gloss Stainless Single Six

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Bruce Scott
Senior Levergunner

High Gloss Stainless Single Six

Post by Bruce Scott »

My LGS has a used New Model Single six 22LR/22WMR convertible with a very high gloss stainless finish. These things aren't exactly growing wild in Australia but all the stainless ones I've seen had a matte finish.

I'm just wondering if it may be one of a special run or whether a previous owner polished it up. The serial number is 263-33XXX
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Re: High Gloss Stainless Single Six

Post by AJMD429 »

Mine is probably 1980 production and shiny.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

Bruce Scott wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 3:37 am My LGS has a used New Model Single six 22LR/22WMR convertible with a very high gloss stainless finish. These things aren't exactly growing wild in Australia but all the stainless ones I've seen had a matte finish.

I'm just wondering if it may be one of a special run or whether a previous owner polished it up. The serial number is 263-33XXX
Over the years I've seen a number of single action Ruger revolvers that got polished out. Guessing most were done by their owners as it doesn't take a lot of work to get them polished better. My brother had a .357 Ruger SS, and I did it using Flitz metal polish in an evening with just a cloth, and rubbing it with Flitz while watching TV.
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

I looked at a Vaquero recently that was highly polished. Not a good surface for paint.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

I have both stainless and Matt.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Stainless Vaquero, all mine are factory.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Bruce Scott
Senior Levergunner

Post by Bruce Scott »

Thanks for all the replies.

After posting I found this discussion on the RimfireCentral site:

OP: I just bought a Ruger single six convertible with both cylinders used but shot little almost perfect shape for $325. It has a 6.5" barrel and adjustable sights. It has the brown wood grips. The complete handgun is polished to a very smooth high gloss. The serial number is 263 - 097xx

Reply: Yours sounds like one of 500-600 made in 1996 with the high gloss polished finish. No idea as to value but it would certainly have to be unfired with the box and all paperwork to be collectible.

OP: I called Ruger, today and they told me it was shipped in August 1995, 5 1/2" barrel, rosewood grips, and with the hi gloss finish. I asked how many of the hi gloss were made then and was told they did not give out production numbers, but not a lot.

https://www.rimfirecentral.com/threads/ ... ix.395631/