Tula 66.

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Tula 66.

Post by Nath »

Out before light to set up on the crows pecking at seed.
This Tula is full and full choked but I can shoot the thing perfectly, well sometimes.
20220327_081637.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Tula 66.

Post by 3leggedturtle »

Thought Tula only made steel cased ammo! :P What year was it made
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

250 Savage... its what the 223 wishes it could be...!
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

Not sure when it was made but a while ago I reckon.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tula_Arms_Plant
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Hmmm. I've been looking for a REASONABLY priced hammered double barrel in 12 gauge for a coon's age. Hmmm....
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

I swapped mine for a Baikal 58, the Tula 66 was practically unfired when I got it but the hammers were unbelievably hard to cock.
I have had a couple of Tula 16 gauge hammer guns that were fine, good guns... :wink:
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

gamekeeper wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 6:09 am I swapped mine for a Baikal 58, the Tula 66 was practically unfired when I got it but the hammers were unbelievably hard to cock.
I have had a couple of Tula 16 gauge hammer guns that were fine, good guns... :wink:
Indeed it does have heavy main springs Gamekeeper. The triggers are just right though.
It comes up well and tracks nicely.
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
AmBraCol
Webservant

Post by AmBraCol »

Ysabel Kid wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 9:26 pm Hmmm. I've been looking for a REASONABLY priced hammered double barrel in 12 gauge for a coon's age. Hmmm....
I picked up a Rossi double a few years ago for not much $$. It was on consignment at a gunshop and the original firing pins were "toast". Bought replacements from Jack First and it's been a fun gun ever since. It's the longer barreled one, not the "Overland Coach Gun".

That Tula looks like an interesting gun indeed. Wish I could locate a 12 bore side by side with good papers here in Coffee Country.
Paul - in Pereira

"He is the best friend of American liberty who is most sincere and active in promoting true and undefiled religion." -- John Witherspoon

http://www.paulmoreland.com
http://www.pistolpackingpreachers.us
http://www.precisionandina.com
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

A number of years ago, I decided I wanted to shoot in a category that required a hammered double... So I bought a TTN. It came with the lever spring lightened and slicked up... It's still a tank (weight wise), but it's coach length make it very handy:

Since I also like wingshooting, I wanted a longer barreled version. Nate Kiowa Jones had several color cased and I picked up this 26" version:

As you can see the hammers have been deburred and are set quite close together:
Makes it very easy to cock both hammers with the web of one hand.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

8) very nice Griff.
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
barbarossa
Senior Levergunner

Post by barbarossa »

I love hammer shotguns ,I picked up this Bernadelli Italia a couple years ago.The gun was only fired a few times and the prior owner said it was too fancy for him to drag through the brush after rabbits with dogs.Lucky for me it came up for sale just after Christmas at the time and I guess people were short of money or they just didn’t realize what it was as I could of easily flipped it for double or more what I paid for it but this is one gun that is a keeper
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Looks like a very practical shotgun from here, Nath. I had one of the Baikals 10-15 years ago. It was a decent shotgun and I actually managed to make a double on Nebraska sharptails with it. My brothers were greatly impressed, but I knew it was just luck on my part. :lol:
Jay, if you are looking for hammer doubles, take a peek at the Husqvarnas offered by Simpson Ltd. Sure, they have the Lefaucheaux underlever action and most have 2 5/8-inch chambers but they are well made and very affordable.
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

barbarossa wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 3:32 pm I love hammer shotguns ,I picked up this Bernadelli Italia a couple years ago.The gun was only fired a few times and the prior owner said it was too fancy for him to drag through the brush after rabbits with dogs.Lucky for me it came up for sale just after Christmas at the time and I guess people were short of money or they just didn’t realize what it was as I could of easily flipped it for double or more what I paid for it but this is one gun that is a keeper
You dropped on a beauty there 8) .
Bill in Oregon wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 7:49 am Looks like a very practical shotgun from here, Nath. I had one of the Baikals 10-15 years ago. It was a decent shotgun and I actually managed to make a double on Nebraska sharptails with it. My brothers were greatly impressed, but I knew it was just luck on my part. :lol:
Jay, if you are looking for hammer doubles, take a peek at the Husqvarnas offered by Simpson Ltd. Sure, they have the Lefaucheaux underlever action and most have 2 5/8-inch chambers but they are well made and very affordable.
Thank you Bill. :D
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 3leggedturtle »

I bought a Baikal singleshot 12 gauge and finally got my 12 to 28 gauge adapters.

A friend has a Baikal 28 gauge SxS with double triggers but she refuses to sell it to me!
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

250 Savage... its what the 223 wishes it could be...!
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

3leggedturtle wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 5:08 pm I bought a Baikal singleshot 12 gauge and finally got my 12 to 28 gauge adapters.

A friend has a Baikal 28 gauge SxS with double triggers but she refuses to sell it to me!
I have never seen a 28g Baikal double! 8)
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

My old Tula 16 gauge
squirrels003.jpg
mi
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

gamekeeper wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 9:19 am My old Tula 16 gauge
squirrels003.jpg mi
Fancy greyed action. The posh model! 8)
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Nath wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 11:47 am
squirrels003.jpg mi
No I just polished it ..... :lol:
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

gamekeeper wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 11:50 am
Nath wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 11:47 am
squirrels003.jpg mi
No I just polished it ..... :lol:
:lol:
Psalm ch8.