A call to civility

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Sarge
Levergunner 3.0

Re: A call to civility

Post by Sarge »

I try to be very measured in what I say; not to avoid offending someone, but to avoid being misunderstood.

I joined here in 2008. Post awhile, leave, come back. Lather, rinse, repeat. Why?

I come back to read, post a little and check on some old pals from the old BBS boards. Paul, Jim Taylor, Hobie, Scott T and a few others whose handles have probably changed. Some of us are darn lucky to have made it this long and none of us are getting younger. It's good that we can meet somewhere and right now, this is the stage stop. God bless you guys and keep you.

Frankly these semi-regular lectures on behavior (roughly akin to what you'd you give a bunch of 7 year-olds in a birthday party inflatable jump house) followed by the penance-dancing and grand apology tour, aggravate me far worse than the normal grumping, growling, burping and wind-breaking between men. I can't abide it.

Knowing some of the participants here, I can assure you they are capable of settling any serious difficulties between them. And finally Paul, if you've got trouble-makers and anarchists here, stop *****-footing around and kick their BUTTS to the curb! If includes me, all it takes is a PM. No hard feelings, I get it.
People were smarter before the Internet, or imbeciles were harder to notice.
Carlsen Highway
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Carlsen Highway »

I have no idea what's going on. But I think if you are getting angry on an internet forum, you need to go horse riding. I always liked horses and riding. If a horse doesn't like you he will bite a hole in your jeans. If he ignores you, you can ride him into a tree. If he likes you, you can be proud of both of you. Horses are real.
A person who carries a cat home by the tail, will receive information that will always be useful to them.
Mark Twain
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Scott Tschirhart »

Carlsen Highway wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 5:47 am I have no idea what's going on. But I think if you are getting angry on an internet forum, you need to go horse riding. I always liked horses and riding. If a horse doesn't like you he will bite a hole in your jeans. If he ignores you, you can ride him into a tree. If he likes you, you can be proud of both of you. Horses are real.
Thats a pretty good idea.
JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

Scott Tschirhart wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 8:31 am
Carlsen Highway wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 5:47 am I have no idea what's going on. But I think if you are getting angry on an internet forum, you need to go horse riding. I always liked horses and riding. If a horse doesn't like you he will bite a hole in your jeans. If he ignores you, you can ride him into a tree. If he likes you, you can be proud of both of you. Horses are real.
Thats a pretty good idea.
I agree!