Better than Football

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
JimT
Shootist

Better than Football

Post by JimT »

M. M. Wright
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Better than Football

Post by M. M. Wright »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
M. M. Wright, Sheriff, Green county Arkansas (1860)
Currently living my eternal life.
NRA Life
SASS
ITSASS
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
octagon
Senior Levergunner

Post by octagon »

Way more entertaining than football :lol:
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

That's heartwarming.....I don't understand why they run....when the man tells you to stop...stop.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Those were great!
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
mikld
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mikld »

I never ran from a LEO, I saw what happens when you do. They will always catch you and it usually hurts when they do (Compton PD)...
Mike
Vocatus atque non vocatus, Deus aderit...
I've learned how to stand on my own two knees...
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Those looked like they hurt. No need to run in my case. I am too old and too out of shape in the first place, and I tend to be pretty law abiding in the second place. OK, so I do speed some. I drive a Toyota Camry. I cannot outrun any Police Car and I do not even try. Pulling over as soon as the lights come on and being polite has got me off with a warning on a few occasions. Why cause any trouble when it isn't necessary? Most Officers respond to politeness with politeness right back. Besides, they are just doing their job.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
wm
Senior Levergunner

Post by wm »

True story (inspired by that last tackle) my buddy George wrote a speeding ticket while on bike patrol. Guy was speeding and zipping around a city park. George recognized the car and knew where he was likely headed. He and his partner rode across the park to a stop sign and when the speeder got there George parked his bike in the cross walk in front of the vehicle and walked up to the drivers side door and performed the requisite vehicle stop & issued a speeding ticket. To my knowledge he is the only guy to pull this off in the area.

George was/is a runner, his wife was track star in college, his kids were cross country runners in high school …… He chased a guy for about 6 miles. The guy stopped several times to catch his breath. George just asked him if he was ready to give up, and the guy said no and would take off again. George and he did this four or five times. Finally the guy said sure. Went down, spread eagle and let George cuff him up. George just figured it was easier to wear him out then wrestle him.

Wm
Last edited by wm on Thu Jan 02, 2020 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1894c

Post by 1894c »

they run because they think they can get away (some do)...the run because they're dumb (not all but some)...they run so an LEO can do a take-down that's worthy of Youtube...the last guy I tackled got a two-for-one, the female LEO I was with went high and I went low.

unfortunately the individual we tackled was homeless, high on meth, and was suffering from mental-illness, when i went low i got the business end of an individual who had been urinating on himself all day (my Sargent said I smelled, no kidding)... at the end of the shift i went home took my uniform off in the garage and took a shower at 1:00 am... :(
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Those are great! :lol: