Receiver-mounted adjustable aperture sight?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Naphtali
Levergunner 2.0

Receiver-mounted adjustable aperture sight?

Post by Naphtali »

I just acquired a used, fired Browning Model 71 High Grade. Over time it will change calibers, but that's another topic. Among the first things to do is to have a receiver-mounted adjustable aperture sight installed.

I do not care for Lyman's or Williams' with the sight base being affixed to the left side of the receiver. Is there available a sight that mounts astride the breech bolt while affixing to the top of the receiver? Would any of these also incorporate some sort of graceful "wing" protection?
It's so simple to be wise. Just think of something stupid to say and then don't say it. Sam Levinson
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

[Is there available a sight that mounts astride the breech bolt while affixing to the top of the receiver?] - The XS & maybe a Wild West

[Would any of these also incorporate some sort of graceful "wing" protection?] - Not the XS, IIRC.
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

What good would wings do with the screws being the weak point of the mount/sight? The XS can be adapted to the 1886 or 71.

Wild West guns makes the sight you want but I don't know if they make one adaptable to the 1886 or 71?

Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
O.S.O.K.
Advanced Levergunner

Post by O.S.O.K. »

http://www.xssights.com has the wings - but not sure if they work with the m71/86 sights - check the web site. They do list the sights for the 71 and 86 though. They're pretty tough, I wouldn't worry too much about the wings. I have a set of these for a 94 - good sights.

NRA Endowment Life
Phi Kappa Sigma, Alpha Phi 83 "Skulls"
OCS, 120th MP Battalion, MSSG
MOLON LABE!