Making your voice heard

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Ysabel Kid

Making your voice heard

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Like many of us here, I treasure the God-given rights protected (not given) by our beloved Second Amendment. And I take them VERY seriously. And... if I have any choice at all, I simply do not do business with any entity that doesn't respect my rights. I avoid certain companies due to this... as well as certain cities and states. I'll spend my hard-earned cash where my rights and freedom are respected, and where I am not put in danger by some idiotic "gun-free zone" foolishness.

When I do confront a "no weapons allowed" sign, I'll usually try to make it known they are losing a customer. I had this recently - with good results.

When I started PT in February this year, I discovered that the place had a "No Concealed Weapons Allowed" sign. I had to use this place due to Workers Comp insurance. I ended up "taking a break" from doing so due to my recent back surgery, so wasn't there for about 3 months. During that interim, I got a survey from the establishment, and though I gave them high ratings on everything. I put down that I would not recommend them to anyone due to their anti-rights/anti-self protection policy and sign.

Honestly, I didn't think anything would happen, but I made my point, and would not recommend them.

I started back to PT last week after being cleared to do so by my doctor. I needed to use the same place, and I do like my Physical Therapist, who really knows what he is doing. I was VERY surprised and pleased when I arrived at my first appointment after the hiatus to discover that the offending sign is now GONE! :D

Fellas & fellerita's - make your voice heard. Let people know you don't appreciate your rights and your safety compromised, and it will cost them where it hurts the most - in the pocketbook. Every now and again, we will one! :D :D :D
JohndeFresno
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Making your voice heard

Post by JohndeFresno »

One word -
Excellent!
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

JohndeFresno wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:45 pm One word -
Excellent!
:D :D
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Wow.

A glimmer of hope.
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
Malamute
Member Emeritus

Post by Malamute »

Well done!

I think if nobody ever says anything (politely) against it, they think everyone is good with the sign and policy.
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat." -Theodore Roosevelt-

Isnt it amazing how many people post without reading the thread?
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JerryB »

That was a well done job for all their customers.
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

Good job Jay. No telling how many lives you saved.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Good to hear about something good coming from a truthful survey.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Malamute wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:05 pm Well done!

I think if nobody ever says anything (politely) against it, they think everyone is good with the sign and policy.
I agree keeping stum informs no one, good on you Jay.... :D
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

gamekeeper wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2017 2:47 am
Malamute wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:05 pm Well done!

I agree keeping stum informs no one, good on you Jay.... :D
Hmm... "keeping stum" is an expression I've not heard before. Always happy to add a new one to my repertoire! :D
Pisgah
Senior Levergunner

Post by Pisgah »

I have news for you, YK -- under SC law carrying a concealed firearm in to any hospital, medical facility or place where medical services are offered is illegal, except for employees who have specific permission of the employer. They don't need a sign. Sign or no sign, you are still prohibited.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Pisgah wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:16 pm I have news for you, YK -- under SC law carrying a concealed firearm in to any hospital, medical facility or place where medical services are offered is illegal, except for employees who have specific permission of the employer. They don't need a sign. Sign or no sign, you are still prohibited.
I don't actually carry into PT in any case. Kind of hard to do everything you are asked to do (my physical therapist apparently thinks I am as limber as a 15 year old female gymnast! :shock: ), but rather the point of it. I don't like the sign and will take my money elsewhere whenever I have the choice.

Actually, I do carry my Cold Steel Recon One knife with me. Concealed firearm my be a no-no, but SC knife laws, as you know, as probably among the most lax in the country! :D
Pisgah
Senior Levergunner

Post by Pisgah »

Ysabel Kid wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:59 pm
Pisgah wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:16 pm I have news for you, YK -- under SC law carrying a concealed firearm in to any hospital, medical facility or place where medical services are offered is illegal, except for employees who have specific permission of the employer. They don't need a sign. Sign or no sign, you are still prohibited.
I don't actually carry into PT in any case. Kind of hard to do everything you are asked to do (my physical therapist apparently thinks I am as limber as a 15 year old female gymnast! :shock: ), but rather the point of it. I don't like the sign and will take my money elsewhere whenever I have the choice.

Actually, I do carry my Cold Steel Recon One knife with me. Concealed firearm my be a no-no, but SC knife laws, as you know, as probably among the most lax in the country! :D
I also hate the signs in places where I could otherwise legally carry, and I avoid stores and offices where they are posted when I can. If I cannot avoid such a place, I always make sure to inform management that, while I may have no choice but to trade with them, they are going to have their butts sued off if I suffer harm as a result of not being able to defend myself on their premises. I've seen a few signs disappear as a result.

But I appreciate signs in places where carry is forbidden by law. I know the law, and am careful to follow it as it pertains to forbidden zones, sign or no sign (and I, too have blades to fill in in most cases); but other folks, even licensed carriers, may not be as familiar with the law. A sign can save such folks embarrassment at best, or some righteous hassle and hefty fines at worst. Eliminating a sign in such a location may just be setting the unwary up for a fall.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Texas is sort of restrictive on blade length, but not on where they may be carried. It is getting so that few places restrict concealed carry, but some still restrict open carry. I don't do open carry except when out in the non-urban areas. I just think it makes you a target. Personal opinion and not a swipe at anyone who chooses to open carry where legal. I see open carry occasionally. Usually it is people on motorcycles or, increasingly, women. Most of the women I see doing open carry have small children and their pistol is a small polymer frame .380 or 9mm in a holster on their belt. When they have it there and you have pay attention to notice it, they probably are comfortable and proficient with it. Women with knives are not common in my neck of the woods.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost