Another One !

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Another One !

Post by 6pt-sika »

Picked up another Parker last week .

A circa 1883 Grade 0 Top Lever hammer gun on a #2 frame in of all things a 10 gauge with 32" Lite Mod and Mod .

The guns was listed as a wall hanger and in the state I bought it I would say that was a fair description . The action wasn't tight to say the least and off face . Barrels are pitted on the inside . And the head of the stock has some cracks .

It is however on a #2 frame with an English straight grip stock and the price was right .

Got it last Monday and had it apart by lunch time . That's when I noticed the cracks in the stock .

The next day my gunsmith didn't have time to mess with my junk so it had to wait until Thursday . Bright and early Thursday morning it got tightened back up and put back on face . The day before Wednesday I had gone to our skeet league and carried the stock along to give it to my stock maker buddy to do his magic .

So at the moment I'm waiting on the stock to return and I wanna order four screws from a Parker restoration guy in New York state . The screws aren't a hold up just something I wanna replace if he has some old parts .

I might add I also ordered a 10 gauge bore hone to try on this gun and a couple others . While I'm not planning on bringing them back to mirror image I would like to knock out the high spots so to speak .

I'm looking forward to seeing how this one patterns my buckshot loads and groups my .730" slugs !
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Another One !

Post by Tycer »

That is very cool.
Kind regards,
Tycer
----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.saf.org - https://peakprosperity.com/ - http://www.guntalk.com
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Looks like you got yourself another skeet gun! Gotta love those Parkers!!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

You sure have a GREAT collection of my favourite shotguns....... :mrgreen:
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

gamekeeper wrote: Tue May 16, 2017 11:28 am You sure have a GREAT collection of my favourite shotguns....... :mrgreen:
I'm heavy on the heavy ones I'm afraid six 10's , five 12's , a 16 and a 20 . Sure would like to score an original 28 on a 00 frame preferably a GH but a VH would be fine also . Also kinda looking for a GH 16 on an "0" frame with 26 or 28 inch barrels . And again I wouldn't turn my nose up at a nice VH 16 . I think I mentioned it before , I was after an 8 gauge hammerless Parker but finally reality set in . The cost of a nice 8 PLUS all the extra junk I'd need to load for the thing are kinda prohibitive . Where as a Parker 28 isn't cheap by any means I do already have three 28 gauge presses and a boatload of hulls and wads 😉👍🏻
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

GunnyMack wrote: Tue May 16, 2017 7:09 am Looks like you got yourself another skeet gun! Gotta love those Parkers!!
You can bet your backside I'll try a round of skeet and perhaps a round of trap once it's back together .
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Since you are looking for a 28, if ya find one find a second and I'll buy it! Love my 28's and would give my left pinky for one!!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

GunnyMack wrote: Tue May 16, 2017 5:47 pm Since you are looking for a 28, if ya find one find a second and I'll buy it! Love my 28's and would give my left pinky for one!!
Finding Parker 28's isn't the hard part , paying for them is a bit more trouble . Now finding a decent Parker 28 at a decent price might very well take awhile . But I have a very nice Browning Superposed 28 gauge 28" S&S to hold me over until then 😉
M. M. Wright
Advanced Levergunner

Post by M. M. Wright »

Wow 6pt, that's one I really love. It's guns like that which keep me looking as I like putting them "right" and shooting them. Early Colt SAAs are my softest spot as yours is Parkers. I like old double guns too. Had a Remington 10 hammer gun that I rigged up and loaded for with brass shells and ffg. Used it for SASS until the pitted damascus barrels developed a leak that blew the forearm off every time I shot the right barrel. Beware the deeply pitted damascus barrel. I know you're aware of this caution so this is for those who may not be so well informed.
M. M. Wright, Sheriff, Green county Arkansas (1860)
Currently living my eternal life.
NRA Life
SASS
ITSASS