New Law Effects Hotels that Restrict Firearms TX

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
86er
Advanced Levergunner

New Law Effects Hotels that Restrict Firearms TX

Post by 86er »

Some of you may remember an incident I experienced with the Hyatt Hotel chain several month ago. Well after notifying and discussing it with Chairpersons of committees in the Texas Legislature some of them took notice and vowed to do something about it. The result is H333, which requires hotels and other lodging offered by innkeepers to notify guests of firearms restrictions on websites or on reservation confirmation notices. If a patron sees the restriction on the confirmation notice they are allowed to cancel the reservation without incurring any charges. If a hotel does not notify patrons of firearms restrictions policies, the hotel cannot refuse lodging to someone with a firearm.

My question that remains to be answered is will the Hyatt change corporate policy for Texas, will they quit banning firearms on their Texas properties or will they post notices as required and continue to ban firearms as they have been. Either way, this is a win for gun-owners and a strong message to Hyatt that they either do not take a position on firearms or they lose the business of millions of Americans that support the 2nd Amendment.

The lesson for anyone reading this is not to take this stuff from anti-gun institutions and to write to representatives to try to institute change. Sometimes it actually works.

House Bill 333 by Representative Ryan Guillen (D-Rio Grande City) and Senator Juan Hinojosa (D-McAllen) requires hotels which restrict the possession, storage or transportation of firearms to notify guests of such policies on their websites or when confirming reservations. This legislation has been sent to Governor Perry for his signature.
Last edited by 86er on Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Professional Hunter
http://www.TARSPORTING.com
"Worldwide Hunting Adventures"

Professional Hunters Assoc of South Africa
SCI - Life Member
NRA - Life Member
NAHC - Trophy Life Member
DWWC - Member
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Re: New Law Effects Hotels that Restrict Firearms

Post by TedH »

Excellent!
NRA Life Member
Paladin
Senior Levergunner

Re: New Law Effects Hotels that Restrict Firearms

Post by Paladin »

Well done, I like the result.
It is not the critic who counts
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Re: New Law Effects Hotels that Restrict Firearms TX

Post by rjohns94 »

Well done
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Tycer »

Thank you!
Kind regards,
Tycer
----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.saf.org - https://peakprosperity.com/ - http://www.guntalk.com
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

Well done.
There must be accountability.
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

This is a good thing.

I'll be interested to see the final product of the political process.

:)
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
guido4198
Senior Levergunner

Post by guido4198 »

CONGRATULATIONS...!!
Rights are a lot like muscles...if they're not exercised now and then...they have a tendency to slowly go away until you wake up one day to find they're gone completely.
Once gain...the Texas Legislature shows the nation how FREEDOM is supposed to work.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Well done..
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
El Chivo
Advanced Levergunner

Post by El Chivo »

Wow! When 86er says "jump", the Texas Legislature says "how high?" Congratulations.
"I'll tell you what living is. You get up when you feel like it. You fry yourself some eggs. You see what kind of a day it is."
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Mescalero wrote:Well done.
There must be accountability.
And, the other lesson, is that sometimes, one person can make a difference.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
JohndeFresno
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JohndeFresno »

Good job, 86er. Very impressive, especially in the current political climate!
rbertalotto
Senior Levergunner

Post by rbertalotto »

WHAT THE HELL AM I DOING LIVING IN MASSACHUSETTS!!!!

I Love Texas!! Thank God I have to go there once a month on business...........I gotta start looking for a house. What part of Texas stays the coolest? Any mountains where one can get some elevation. I love the state and the people....Just can't take the heat!
Roy B
Dartmouth, MA
www.rvbprecision.com
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

I am glad to see that. Businesses should stay out of politics when it is a political situation which should not concern them. For example, due to Starbucks refusal to enter into the pro-gun anti-gun fray, I still go there occasionally. I have heard about other things, but they do not have signs up about refusing to allow firearms, so I do not boycott them.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
bdhold

Post by bdhold »

God bless Texas
Charles
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Charles »

On one hand I am very glad to see that law. On the other hand, it is a crying shame a law has to be passed to force hotels to do what they should do out of common courtesy to their guests.
buckeyeshooter
Senior Levergunner

Post by buckeyeshooter »

86er wrote:Some of you may remember an incident I experienced with the Hyatt Hotel chain several month ago. Well after notifying and discussing it with Chairpersons of committees in the Texas Legislature some of them took notice and vowed to do something about it. The result is H333, which requires hotels and other lodging offered by innkeepers to notify guests of firearms restrictions on websites or on reservation confirmation notices. If a patron sees the restriction on the confirmation notice they are allowed to cancel the reservation without incurring any charges. If a hotel does not notify patrons of firearms restrictions policies, the hotel cannot refuse lodging to someone with a firearm.

My question that remains to be answered is will the Hyatt change corporate policy for Texas, will they quit banning firearms on their Texas properties or will they post notices as required and continue to ban firearms as they have been. Either way, this is a win for gun-owners and a strong message to Hyatt that they either do not take a position on firearms or they lose the business of millions of Americans that support the 2nd Amendment.

The lesson for anyone reading this is not to take this stuff from anti-gun institutions and to write to representatives to try to institute change. Sometimes it actually works.

House Bill 333 by Representative Ryan Guillen (D-Rio Grande City) and Senator Juan Hinojosa (D-McAllen) requires hotels which restrict the possession, storage or transportation of firearms to notify guests of such policies on their websites or when confirming reservations. This legislation has been sent to Governor Perry for his signature.
gotta love Texas!
GoatGuy
Senior Levergunner

Post by GoatGuy »

Good goin', 86er. Way cool. Yep, Texans!
"If a man does away with his traditional way of living and throws away his good customs, he had better first make certain that he has something of value to replace them." - Basuto proverb.
Birdman
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Birdman »

That's taking charge of a situation. Good Job!
bigbore442001
Levergunner 3.0

Post by bigbore442001 »

rbertalotto wrote:WHAT THE HELL AM I DOING LIVING IN MASSACHUSETTS!!!!

I Love Texas!! Thank God I have to go there once a month on business...........I gotta start looking for a house. What part of Texas stays the coolest? Any mountains where one can get some elevation. I love the state and the people....Just can't take the heat!
I'm in the same boat. I like Texas but the heat kills me. It is like a cinder block on my chest. Cold. I love it actually.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Is there anything you don't do Joe? :D

Fantastic! Hope Governor Perry signs this - and other states follow suit!
mod71alaska
Senior Levergunner

Post by mod71alaska »

Good job, Joe, and the Republic of Texas!
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Streetstar »

Sadly --- I have considered taking up residence int he TX hill country myself ----- I am from Moore OK and am tired of worrying myself sick every tornado season ---

It gets hot down there, but there is a lot to do and its a fun place

Hyatt is a no-go for me still after Joe's first post ---- Marriott and Hilton properties don't give a flying f**ck - LOL -- they just want my money, like good capitalists should
----- Doug
20cows
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 20cows »

Ft Davis is the closest thing we have to mountain living, but there are last least two things to consider. It ain't that high (I think between 6 and 7 thousand feet) and it is remote from the populous part of the state. Real remote.

These would be a plus for me as I hail from near there, but it wouldn't do for a lot of folks.
bdhold

Post by bdhold »

sorry for the OT, but I just had to throw up this photo from the divide between the Guadalupe and Pedernales rivers, a mile or so uphill from Luchenbach. My buddy's MIL has a ranch on Muesebach Creek, SE of Fredericksburg. From there to here was 10 mi one way, and about a 700' climb, mostly in the last 5 mi (Muesebach Creek has its little divide, also)
Pedaled up there yesterday morning, and then went Very Fast downhill.

BAGTIC
Levergunner 3.0

Post by BAGTIC »

Who noticed that both of the sponsors were DEMOCRATS? This is a good lesson in why those partisan extremists who constantly denigrate DEMOCRATS in general are not helping our cause. It can't be easy for someone to come to our aid if we spit on them every chance we get. The point should be to suppose and reward all who support our cause and to oppose all those who don't regardless of politically affiliation. Our crusade should be non-partisan.
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Streetstar »

bulldog1935 wrote:sorry for the OT, but I just had to throw up this photo from the divide between the Guadalupe and Pedernales rivers, a mile or so uphill from Luchenbach. My buddy's MIL has a ranch on Muesebach Creek, SE of Fredericksburg. From there to here was 10 mi one way, and about a 700' climb, mostly in the last 5 mi (Muesebach Creek has its little divide, also)
Pedaled up there yesterday morning, and then went Very Fast downhill.

]

I see the Moser is finished ! very nice machine ------ just think, as fast as you were going downhill , 'ol Francesco probably could pedal uphill ! (just kidding --- but only a little - I bet the guy is still a beast on a bike if he wants to be !)

Pics like yours plus my bi-annual trips down there have me liking TX more and more
----- Doug
steve817
Levergunner 1.0

Post by steve817 »

rbertalotto wrote:WHAT THE HELL AM I DOING LIVING IN MASSACHUSETTS!!!!
What part of Texas stays the coolest?
If you find out let me know!
bdhold

Post by bdhold »

cypress tunnels in the hill country - it's always 15-degrees cooler here

thanks Doug