Call for help for a fellow levergunner

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Call for help for a fellow levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

Guys,

I consider this forum(more than just a forum)it is a group of people that are an unusual group of caring friends that have many many times come together when one of our members(have a run of bad luck)

This is such a time-----I know we can't always gather together finacially whenever something happens etc. But I believe this is that rare occasion when one of our members(has hit some hard times)and being that is forced to sell his (prized gun/he has loved a long time)
DixieBoy-----has been very good to many of us on here and is a extremely valuable forum member and I cannot just sit idle and watch him sell his(beloved favorite gun)without at least trying to think of some way to possibly help him out some????

So, at this time I ask(and I know we are in tough times)if at all possible anyone has the means to put something foward for DixieBoy which will enable him to keep his "one favorite loved gun" PLEASE DO SO!
refer to his post on the selling of his 45-70 Marlin Levergun for the details explaining what is going on.

He is too proud to ask so I will ask for him!
earlmck and myself so far have offered DixieBoy $75 each to reach his quest of obtaining enough cash so he can keep his gun.
Let me say----if it was you(you were to that point of having to sell "that one gun" what does that say?????

All I know is I believe that we are all living(and most of us doing fairly well in our lives)I believe in give back.And I especially believe in helping a valued friend(which is what I consider DixieBoy)earlmk and many many of you guys on here.

So, if anyone has any means possible please contact Dixieboy and offer up some help. You will feel good doing so and he will surely appreciate it.
Thanks------so right now we are at $150 (who's in)????
Last edited by madman4570 on Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Call for help for a fellow levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

Yes Sir...would be honored to give what I can.
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

I'm in for fifty, or so......
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

I am in for fifty, where do I send it?
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

PM sent.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
earlmck
Advanced Levergunner

Post by earlmck »

What we really need to do is come up with a nice Perfessor de Historee job at a friendly community college for our leverbuddy Joe "Dixieboy" Roberts. But that doesn't look too likely out here on the left coast, so Joe, I hope you are still in Melbourne Beach, Florida.

At least, long enough to get mail. Then as soon as you have voted, get moving!
The greatest patriot...
is he who heals the most gullies.
Patrick Henry
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

I'm in.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

C. Cash wrote:Yes Sir...would be honored to give what I can.
+ 1..
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

DixieBoy------------------------Is it ok to supply the generous gentlemen on here with your name/mailing address to send funds(we can do it via "pm" if you want it kept discrete.
You can see(the guys on here are ready willing and able)----------------Larry

Also,let me be clear-----------I truely hope this helps you keep your loved gun.(that is the general thought purpose of this)Actually clear purpose---to help ya!
But-----if things are so bad for you(and you still eventually have to end up selling that gun)speaking for myself(and I bet most on here)if----if it still gets to that point---------------then brother, you do what you have to do.
My donation is sent to you (with no strings attached)period.
If this donation(donations from the other guys)HELPS you through a bad time even if just some----then(I will be happy)
My money is on its way to you as we speak!
No strings------------prayers things get better quick----and Good Lord (I would like to see you keep that fine weapon)but if not(that be cool too)
DixieBoy
Senior Levergunner

Post by DixieBoy »

Madman Larry - You guys really are the best. That doesn't begin to say it.

Earl and I have talked via PM and he's aware of the fix I'm in and my strategery (a nod to GW there) for fixing it. I've been focusing my job searches on places where (I hope this isn't too un-politically correct, but it is the truth) a man, who is straight, and white, and conservative/libertarian (in other words, not a marxist), and loves America can actually land a job. Earl's also right in that this is going to mean moving, unless some opportunity falls out of the sky totally by surprise. I don't completely DIS-count that, but I cannot COUNT on it either. The odds for someone like me, who truly did excel in an American History classroom, are much, much better in a place like Texas.

Just as a little aside, this is one of the reasons why I've harped on getting your kids out of the public schools if you have school age kids. It really IS that bad in public education these days. It isn't just "subtle" liberalism being pushed in most public schools, it is full blown hatred of America and everything that the Founders stood for. An example, from the very same comm. college where I was shown the door last year ... maybe some of you guys caught this on drudge a couple weeks back. A math professor (yes, that's what I thought too, a MATH professor?!) made national news when she handed her students forms - pledges - which were to be signed and handed back to her, in which the student would pledge to vote for Barack O'bummer. It would not have come to light but for one student, who had been telling her parents about how much hard core left politics was being peddled in her classroom. The parents, at first, did not believe their own kid. Then the kid brought home a copy of "the pledge" that the whole class was to sign. The parents went through the roof, contacted the college AND the newspapers, and now this "professor" is on temporary leave. I doubt this will mean her losing her job, but you sure would think it should.

Anyway, that news item caught my eye since it was the very same college where I'd been shown the door - because I was "problematic." No one could give me a straight answer on how that was, given that I'd never missed a day or even a class in over 8 years. They couldn't fault my 3-times-yearly evaluations which always were summarized with the words "excellent" or "extraordinary," and they couldn't fault my paperwork submissions, which were always on time , if not early. They also knew that I filled classrooms, even though I was far from the easiest grader in my department. The most common words written in my students' evaluations were "Mr. Roberts is the first teacher or professor who ever got me interested about history." To me, that was what it was all about. I'm not sniveling or crying here, just trying to get across a point, which is, wouldn't you think that a college would want someone like I just described ? Well, maybe years ago, but today it is much more important for a college to be able to check a certain amount of boxes on the diversity charts that the federal government sends out. This might explain why all three of the dept. chairs I worked under at three of the branch campuses of this school are gay. Hey, I've got no beef with gays. Even got my nose broken years ago helping out a gay guy who had been rolled and beaten, and when I appeared (mid-beating) I put a stop to it. So this isn't about gays or any other minority. It's about : how is it that a "minority" which is 3.5 % of the population held 100% of the boss jobs at my school ? I'd managed to have no problems with the others, but when the new guy arrived I knew within a short time that my days were numbered. As an adjunct (also called "part-time faculty, or "contract labor") I had no legal ground to stand on. Sooo...

It took me a while to sort this out. To try to figure out a game plan, and if it was even possible for someone who could not "check boxes" to make doors suddenly open for me. Was/Is there a place where someone like me would actually be welcome to teach, and put 110% into my job. That's what I've been searching for. I think Texas is probably it for me. Possibly Oklahoma too. All I'm looking for is a chance to give someone the best I've got, and not get fired because the PC virus has come to town.

Darn, I DO have a problem with being brief sometimes, don't I ? Anyway, if I stay in Florida it will be because something good broke my way here. But I think it is much more likely that I'll be putting my things in a U-Haul and heading west. I figure that I'll need to be able to do that when I get a reply to an inquiry, and that reply reads something like "Can you be here next week?". I think that's how this is going to turn out. Selling the Marlin was my way of putting some more funds towards paying the bills that I have right now, and putting some towards the "time to go" fund.

No matter what, I want you guys to know that I think you all are Aces in my book. The other night I saw what some of you all had said and it honest-to-God choked me up. Didn't know what to say. I still don't, I guess. But I wanted you all to know what's been up on my end here and what my game plan is. It's taken me a long time to be able to clear the fog away and make honest assessments of the bigger picture and how I can make things happen for me. I'll tell you what, I really miss working HARD, and playing HARD. I know I'm not the only here who has had unexpected bad news on the work front lately. To my thinking, it just stinks out loud when guys who want nothing more than to give their work everything they've got, and be able to enjoy a relatively simple life, are having trouble doing that. For me, it's been long enough, and I'm ready to MAKE things happen, with the help of God above. Nothing happens without Him being involved, and you better believe that I ask for guidance every day.

On a lighter note, and my little closing note here, this reminds me of some lines of one of my favorite movies: LA Story. For those who don't know it, it is a great love story, disguised as a comedy. Steve Martin made it, so that figures. At the end of the film he has gone through a tremendous amount to find the woman who is meant for him. And he says something along the lines of "I learned that there's someone for everybody, even if it takes night vision goggles, a pick-axe, and a blowtorch to find them!"

Simple, right ? - Joe "DixieBoy" Roberts
When the People Fear Their Government There is Tyranny; When the Government Fears the People There is Liberty.
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

Our prayers go out for ya bro . :(
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
earlmck
Advanced Levergunner

Post by earlmck »

madman4570 wrote:My money is on its way to you as we speak!
No strings------------prayers things get better quick----and Good Lord (I would like to see you keep that fine weapon)but if not(that be cool too)
+1
The greatest patriot...
Patrick Henry
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

BTT.....hoping there will be money for the lever and then some Dixie Boy.
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Looks like there is enough money here to "buy" your rifle but then of course you have to keep it - can't sell it. It would be "our" rifle and just have to trust you to take care of it :) . I suggest you PM your address to those here who have joined in.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

DixieBoy
Senior Levergunner

Post by DixieBoy »

OS Fred - That is a will do. Once again, Earl is on to something here too. I will vote to help give this country at least half a chance at getting on its feet again, and not long after that I see the same happening for me too. I will PM these guys from the crew. And I promise that I will do all I can to hold on to this Marlin. It really IS my favorite firearm, even if it doesn't get shot as much as the others. - DixieBoy
When the People Fear Their Government There is Tyranny; When the Government Fears the People There is Liberty.
O.S.O.K.
Advanced Levergunner

Post by O.S.O.K. »

I'm in too - expecting a PM! :) I want a piece of that levergun! :D

And don't discount Mississippi - we're pretty conservative here too... and if you have a desire to get a nice place in the country to live, the cost of living is quite low. There are several community colleges if that's your cup of tea or of course, Miss State, Old Miss and Southern Miss.

Wish I had an "in" for you but I don't...
NRA Endowment Life
Phi Kappa Sigma, Alpha Phi 83 "Skulls"
OCS, 120th MP Battalion, MSSG
MOLON LABE!
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

Old Savage wrote:Looks like there is enough money here to "buy" your rifle but then of course you have to keep it - can't sell it. It would be "our" rifle and just have to trust you to take care of it :) . I suggest you PM your address to those here who have joined in.

I love it!

Who's going to tell me this Forum is not the best on the planet! (it is)
mikld
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mikld »

Perhaps if he were to raffle off the rifle to the forum members, and Leverguns.com appoint him, Dixie Boy, perminate custodian of the Marlin?
Mike
Vocatus atque non vocatus, Deus aderit...
I've learned how to stand on my own two knees...
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

Dixie Boy,
New Mexico is a real nice place also,
just stay out of Santa Fe,there are some truly strange people there.
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

Pitchy wrote:Our prayers go out for ya bro . :(
I should of said that i want to contribute too so be sure to pm me with your addy.
Will have to be after the first as i blew my wad on a sight for the rem 81 yesterday on ebay and had to take the dog to the vet this morn. :roll:
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
DixieBoy
Senior Levergunner

Post by DixieBoy »

Mescalero - This has all been very humbling this morning. Thanks for a bit of a laugh about Santa Fe. Yes, that is one place I do believe it would be best for me to avoid.

Larry madman4570 has been getting my address to folks. I woke up this morning to see what he'd been doing and it pretty much overwhelmed me. Still is overwhelming.

A couple promises I want to make right here for all to read. One, I will not sell this rifle. With what you all are doing, I think lightning would strike me down if I even thought about it again. :)

Number two, this outpouring has put more fire in my belly than I've felt in months. No kidding around. I look forward to not only getting back on track soon, but also getting to the point where I can be the one who surprises someone who really needs a hand. You all are tops, they come no better. I feel an obligation to make things happen for myself SOON, and to put myself in the position where I can be the one who did what Larry madman and Earl, and all of you guys have done here.

I will keep everyone posted on what breaks for me. Like I said, I feel more fire in the belly than I have in a long time. Thank you guys. All of you. - Joe "DixieBoy" Roberts
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

Pitchy wrote:
Pitchy wrote:Our prayers go out for ya bro . :(
I should of said that i want to contribute too so be sure to pm me with your addy.
Will have to be after the first as i blew my wad on a sight for the rem 81 yesterday on ebay and had to take the dog to the vet this morn. :roll:
Sent info my good man! :D
I am double checking/triple checking both on this post/original post/and all my messeges so I do not miss one single person with required info!
To all those which have already given and those yet to give-------------------things have a way to come back around and you will indeed be blessed. :wink:
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

Madman4570,
In southern N.M. we call that Karma.
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

Mescalero wrote:Madman4570,
In southern N.M. we call that Karma.
Amen brother! :wink:
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

I posted on the classified. I'm in. Send a pm
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

rjohns94 wrote:I posted on the classified. I'm in. Send a pm
Sent! :D
new pig hunter
Senior Levergunner

Post by new pig hunter »

I'm in ...... details please.

Cheers,

Carl
Borregos
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Borregos »

Old Savage wrote:Looks like there is enough money here to "buy" your rifle but then of course you have to keep it - can't sell it. It would be "our" rifle and just have to trust you to take care of it :) . I suggest you PM your address to those here who have joined in.
Please PM me your address.
Pete
Sometimes I wonder if it is worthwhile gnawing through the leather straps to get up in the morning..................
Boreman
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Boreman »

I am in.I can use another Marlin :D Address and name please on the PM.Thanks
Model-71's forever !!!!
NRA Patriot Life Member
Endowment level
FOPA #5
GOA,Inc
WVCDL,INC
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 1886 »

Me too!!
jdad
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jdad »

I definitely believe in Kharma. Please PM me his address.
I know a whole lot about very little and nothing about a whole lot.
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

Address information sent guys(via pm's) am checking so not to miss one single person.
If anyone (somehow)does not recieve address info please be sure to holler out (hey didn't get it)by either a pm to me or heck even on this thread or the other thread (on this task)
Thanks guys-----------you friends make a difference!
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

DixieBoy------We have a gentleman that wants to remain totally anonymous(a good fellow member)
He is putting in $50--------------Please be on the lookout for a contribution from "the Marlin Man"
If you do not eventually receive it(let me know please) in fact please let me know either way!
Thanks!
The caring and compassion of the members on this Forum(blows me away) :mrgreen:
DixieBoy
Senior Levergunner

Post by DixieBoy »

You said it madman Larry. There is no better bunch of guys. This has been very humbling and has touched me in a big way. Don't want to get all blubbery here, but I keep thinking that this barely scratches the surface of what I feel and would like to say. More from me later, that's a promise. - Joe "DixieBoy" Roberts
mod71alaska
Senior Levergunner

Post by mod71alaska »

Me too.
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

To everyone on this blessed forum--------------

What started out as a intial task to help one of our fellow Levergunner friends saving his beloved gun-----has grown into something so much larger. It has grown into a "movement" of a bunch of members of a very rare forum in these hard times (helping a fellow brother back up from the brink of some very rough troubling times)
Here is an Educator/a caring Teacher (in fact a College Professor)without work a long time (and wanting desperately to work at any job)indeed that is what I consider being in a very tough spot.
And what do I see????-----So much caring/so VERY MUCH CARING.

It started about a gun------It has grown into a movement-----a movement of people(many having hard times themselves)BUT----thinking---------I am going to help!
This forum is like a huge extended family. (a group of fellow human beings looking out for fellow man within that family)and making a difference in that special persons life.

Think way down deep about that one gun you all have, the one that you honestly consider(beloved) now consider because of being in some very tough times-----------having to part with it.(Actually truely imagine deep down in your gut what that takes/how you would feel)-----how bad it must be.

You see-----this movement is beyond the gun now, its into the salvation of one's soul and given inspiration for this fine man(to begin anew)to restrengthen his soul from within the sum of a groups caring compassion.

I say---------Dixieboy------I hope (whatever total $$$ amount you recieve)is the begining of (the new begining)for you. I hope it is enough!
I say God Bless everyone one of you people on here. Those throwing in on this event, I know in my gut it will return back to you in spades with being blessed.
I hope this man gets all he can recieve to start over. The gun-----ya,that was the begining but where we are now is so much further.

I am proud of you people-------------------I am proud of this forum!---------I am proud to luckly be a member
God Bless you all! :mrgreen:
Last edited by madman4570 on Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DixieBoy
Senior Levergunner

Post by DixieBoy »

Larry madman4570 - You, and the rest of the crew here have flat blown me away. I listed a Marlin 1895 in the classifieds that I really, REALLY, did not want to sell. She probably gets fired less than my other few guns, but she IS my honey. And she'll stay my honey. I had no idea that classified ad would lead to what happened today and what you guys have done for me. I will do everything in my power to live up to what you all are doing for me.

There isn't a need to rehash everything here, and those of you who I talk with on the PM system know that I've struggled to find work in the field I went back to school for - teaching American History. I have never considered myself "above" any kind of work, and I think I have done about every kind of hard, dirty, dangerous work out there over the years. Except maybe working on an oil rig. Otherwise, if it was dirty, itchy, nasty, smelly, or dangerous the chances are that I've done it. Some of the stuff I've done just to keep the bills paid in my little abode during the last year includes a lot of home repair, painting, ripping out old toilets, ripping out old and/or mildewed sheetrock, replacing same. Lots more. Been lucky enough to have a contractor buddy who has needed someone on occasion who is willing to work hard. But it hasn't been steady, and the employment picture here is weak, if not flat out dismal. And I'm not a kid anymore either. I know that I can't realistically continue to push my body harder now in my 50's than I did in my 20's. That's one of several reasons I went back to school over a decade ago.

One thing my Mom always told me and it has helped a lot throughout my life. She said "I don't care if you want to be a garbage man. Be the best darned garbage man they've ever seen." I've always tried to do that. And I've always thought that any honest work was honorable work. So I haven't been hung up on that.

Earl, and a couple of the other guys I talk with here on occasion know that my problem's origin lies in what has happened in the schools over the last several years. For reasons I won't beat on here, the political correctness stuff and other associated nonsense, has gotten really out of control since 2009 began. While I'm willing to do other work, I went back to school with the idea that if I put 110% effort into being the best darned American History professor the community colleges here ever saw ... well, I figured that would lead to a full time hire. Not only did that not happen, and I continued on for years with a factory job while teaching, but I saw signs that looked bad for a conservative America-loving, freedom-loving, gun-loving guy like me. As it turned out, a flawless record mattered not one bit at my school. Last year I was shown the door.

Earl has been after me for months to get out of Florida, and he has helped me to get myself looking west. Not to Oregon :) , as he is quick to tell me, but to the west which still exists, where a guy like me, who is willing to put 110% into his job and always go the extra mile to do more... well, just maybe a guy like might find himself welcomed in a place like that. Over the last couple months I've come close to landing jobs out in Texas and Oklahoma. Close enough where I knew that if I just kept pounding away on this that there is a good chance I can land work out there at a place where a guy like isn't like jesse jackson showing up at a klan meeting. Truth be told, the last couple years I taught at the community college here that's how I felt. You could actually feel the dislike that guys like me would receive from a faculty which has become ever more hard left wing.

So, I'm using this extraordinary day to jump start my own energy and drive to make these things happen. Any of you all who have struggled with being either unemployed or under-employed knows what I'm talking about. There would be days when you wonder if a break is EVER going to come your way, if you'd ever be working regularly again and have a "normal" life again. Days like today, with the vote of confidence this crew here has given me today ... well, I'll tell you what, this is the kind of day - with what you all have done today - that gives you the reminder you've needed. That things really can change, and that a whole lot of really good people are pulling for you and are willing to help get you out of the mud that's been up to the proverbial axles for a while.

I am hoping that this makes sense is not sounding like a bunch of rambling. I want you guys to know how much what you all have done today means to me. I really don't have any family any more, so like it or not, you guys are it ! And I feel like I got an extraordinary vote of confidence from the family here today. Thank you guys from the bottom of my heart. And thank you Larry madman4570 for connecting folks while I was basically standing here dumbfounded over what you were doing. Grateful, to be sure, but dumbfounded. I'm going to sign off for now but you all will be hearing more from me soon. So now you're warned. :) - Joe "DixieBoy" Roberts
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

Another very generous donation on it's way to you DixieBoy---------from 86er :wink:
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

" We must all hang together, for seperatly; we will surely all hang!
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

Mescalero wrote:" We must all hang together, for seperatly; we will surely all hang!
Very appropriate then as it is now!
alnitak
Senior Levergunner

Post by alnitak »

I'm in as well. Please PM me the details of where to send the funds.
"From birth 'til death...we travel between the eternities." -- Print Ritter in Broken Trail
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

alnitak wrote:I'm in as well. Please PM me the details of where to send the funds.

pm sent-------God Bless
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

Too late for today's mail, will go out tomorrow.
Sheepman Dave
Levergunner

Post by Sheepman Dave »

I'm in.

Need an address.
The more corrupt a society, the more numerous its laws.
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

In for what I can.

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

pm's sent friends!

I have NEVER seen a forum like this.
I actually have this feeling about you people that is so much different than any forum I have ever belonged to.

Let me be clear----------This has nothing to do about me, I'm just an ant------(It's about all of you wonderful people)

You are the ones---------You (the sum of us all)which is the glue that makes this forum so very special!

God Bless you all
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

I hate feeling like I have to sell a gun...

I promised myself I'd never do it again...
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

Old Ironsights wrote:I hate feeling like I have to sell a gun...

I promised myself I'd never do it again...

Yep. I felt like I HAD to sell my most prized gun last year shortly after my divorce. I wish I had found another way now. I know I will never again have another like it. :(
NRA Life Member
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

Lost a wonderful S&W Model 51 like that, never get that back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
earlmck
Advanced Levergunner

Post by earlmck »

I haven't sold many guns but I regret every one, at least a little bit. And some a lot!
The greatest patriot...
Patrick Henry