OT- I AM SOOO PO'D!

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
GANJIRO

OT- I AM SOOO PO'D!

Post by GANJIRO »

I just got a letter today from my employer the State of Hawaii DLNR that they are finished doing their job search for me and they have located nothing suitable, so they will terminate me my last day being March 14. This will also end my light duty position at the Elementary School tutoring Special Ed kids. I know this is all retaliatory for turning in my boss in to the Governor for irresponsible and unscrupulous practices his using my injury as his legal loop hole to get rid of me. Please pray for me as I'm getting very unchristian thoughts and ideas about dealing with this corruption.
I'm glad this BS took place after my Texas Safari or I would have had to cancel out. Thanks again everyone involved who made this Texas Safari possible, it was great meeting you all in person.
Mahalo a nui loa aloha a hui hou.
Dyerbill
Levergunner

Post by Dyerbill »

Do not return evil with evil................
No one escapes the judgement of the Holy One.
Better to suffer for something you did not do............quietly...
" be still and know that I am God"
Noah Zark
Senior Levergunner

Post by Noah Zark »

One door closes and another opens.

On the prayer list . . .

Noah
Might as well face it, you're addicted to guns . . .
Jeeps
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Jeeps »

If you can keep that smile on your face you will find a job in no time.

Also, do a little research, there may be ways of "not being fired".

Allot of employers will say "you have to leave" and assume you either don't
know any better or count on you being mad and just leaving.

In all the "regulations" the poloticians put on us there are some usable "rights"
you may have to keep money rolling in past march 14 and up until you can
find suitable income to replace what some jackass is trying to take away from you.

God bless you Ji
Jeeps

Semper Fidelis

Pay attention to YOUR Bill of Rights, in this day and age it is all we have.
20cows
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 20cows »

Hang in there and keep your eyes open for the opportunities.

Who knows, your next job could put you back on the big Island!
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Ji, When you said you were "PO", I thought you were gonna "post office" them. :D
All kidding aside, I know it sucks, but in the scheme of things, its just a job. Yea, you have to find another and with that comes some stress, but hey, everything else is on the up and up, you have your health and your enjoying God's green Earth.
I have been working for the same company since I was 18. I now have 35 years of seniority and this job means NOTHING to me. And it never has as I know how THEY think. Its just a vehicle that I use to eat with.(and buy leverguns)----Stay cool brother-------------Sixgun
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Tycer »

It will work out Ji.

Think positive. You are what you think. Practice saying the words "I AM" with something positive after them. Notice and correct yourself after each "I AM" that is followed by a negative. We reap the thoughts we sow.

Prayers sent.
Kind regards,
Tycer
----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.saf.org - https://peakprosperity.com/ - http://www.guntalk.com
Ram Hammer
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Ram Hammer »

I'm sorry to hear about your job. I'm sure you were making a difference in those kids lives as well. Be proud that you stood up and did the right thing. Good luck. We are here for you.
No price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself

There's no trick to being a humorist when you have the whole government working for you.
Will Rogers
El Mac
Levergunner 2.0

Re: OT- I AM SOOO PO'D!

Post by El Mac »

GANJIRO wrote:I just got a letter today from my employer the State of Hawaii DLNR that they are finished doing their job search for me and they have located nothing suitable, so they will terminate me my last day being March 14. This will also end my light duty position at the Elementary School tutoring Special Ed kids. I know this is all retaliatory for turning in my boss in to the Governor for irresponsible and unscrupulous practices his using my injury as his legal loop hole to get rid of me. Please pray for me as I'm getting very unchristian thoughts and ideas about dealing with this corruption.
I'm glad this BS took place after my Texas Safari or I would have had to cancel out. Thanks again everyone involved who made this Texas Safari possible, it was great meeting you all in person.
Mahalo a nui loa aloha a hui hou.
Hang tough brother. Do not hold hands with evil no matter how tempting it may feel at the time. If you do so, you will regret it.

Move on and don't let the bastards get you down.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Prayers up for you Ji. I'm sorry to hear how this panned out. Don't worry - everyone gets theirs in the end, and I'm sure your old boss and those who enabled this injustice will get it in the end. Just remember, there is no value to your family if you are the one to administer that justice, so put your faith in God and all will be well.
RSY
Senior Levergunner

Post by RSY »

Pull up stakes and come on back to the Lone Star state, brother!

scott
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

A little publicity can do wonders... So can a move. Wasn't 86er looking for somebody?
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Ram Hammer wrote:I'm sorry to hear about your job. I'm sure you were making a difference in those kids lives as well. Be proud that you stood up and did the right thing. Good luck. We are here for you.
+1
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
kirkwood
Levergunner 2.0

Post by kirkwood »

Don't get discouraged. I've been completely down a couple times in life, but was able to pick myself back up and start over and do it all better the next time around. You will too if you believe in yourself and look for opportunities. There is always work for those who want it and ethical, hard workers are always in demand.
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

Ji - look at it this way: You have a decent job history with a government agency to put on a resume.

That's a heck of a lot better than my 10 years of random temp work and 5 years working for my dad. (Try looking for professional work at 40 with that kind of resume...)

You'll be fine. How about USFS?
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
Comal Forge
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Comal Forge »

If you were a bona fide whistleblower on an issue of incompetence, you have rights. Without returning "evil for evil", you can still apply to other resources to make your case - even to the point of contacting one of the Defender-type resources that seem to be prevalent on most local television channels.
papabear
Levergunner 2.0

Post by papabear »

AS my grandmother said when one door close two others are opened one door is for good the other is for evil its up to you to pick the right door I know you will pick the right one my prays are with you my Friend just keep that happiness that you had in Texas and you won't have any worries
Little Bill
PARENTS DON'T TAKE PICTURES OF THEIR KIDS PLAYING VIDEO GAMES
====================================================================
For Those Who Understand No Explanation Is Needed
For Those Who Don't None Will Do
====================================================================
Member Of The N.R.A.-North American Hunting club-Syosset Gun Club
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

Me, I'm in favor of fighting back.

Give them nothing, take everything from them.

There are Whistleblower protection laws. There is the Americans with Disablities Act. If you've got a case for discrimination against the state, the ACLU is your friend.

Burn 'em down. No mercy.

:x
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
cnjarvis
Senior Levergunner

Post by cnjarvis »

Can't say I disagree with FW.

I've been screwed over a couple of times. Moved on to much greener pastures both times.

To quote a friend - "Illigitimus non Carborundum"

Me and mine will be thinking about you. Keep your chin up.
Palmtreee
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Palmtreee »

RSY wrote:Pull up stakes and come on back to the Lone Star state, brother!

scott
Amen to that Brother!
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

JI,
We'll be praying for ya brother. I know job a search can be a stressful thing.
Have to talked to a lawyer yet to see what your rights are in your state?

It might be that the state has already overstepped their bounds. There are two issues here. The whistle blower thing and the disability. Here in Fla. a lot of lawyers will take a case of workman's comp knowing the state will pay after they settle with you.

Keep the faith brother,

Rusty <><
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
El Mac
Levergunner 2.0

Post by El Mac »

FWiedner wrote:Me, I'm in favor of fighting back.
Perhaps my reading of Ji's post was a little darker than what you perceived.
Please pray for me as I'm getting very unchristian thoughts and ideas about dealing with this corruption.
To me, that sounds a little more ominous than fighting back - legally.
Scott64A
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Scott64A »

Noah Zark wrote:One door closes and another opens.

On the prayer list . . .

Noah
+1,000,000!

The Lord works in mysterious ways, and the Way may not be clear to us until we retrospect.

Carry on, and consider that a PUBLIC school may not be a good fit for you.

It's always a good thing to opt for LESS beaurocracy.

Chin up, M8.

Let God do His work in your life and be happy; for you are blessed.
mescalero1
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mescalero1 »

Went thru it also, The Feds helped me ; if you can believe it.
I will ask a friend what agency it was & get back to you
Jarhead
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Jarhead »

There are Whistleblower protection laws. There is the Americans with Disablities Act. If you've got a case for discrimination against the state, the ACLU is your friend.

Burn 'em down. No mercy.

I like your style! Kill' em' all and save the rest for pallbearers! I went through something similar back in 2005 and walked with a settlement, my medical, and my pension. When you run out of ammo, start throwing rocks! Go for the throat! :twisted: However, keep your cool and use the appropriate channels. File an EOC for age/disability discrimanation!

Best Wishes,

Jarhead
wm
Senior Levergunner

Post by wm »

Hang in there.....we will keep you in our prayers.

Stay strong

Wm
bunklocoempire
Senior Levergunner

Post by bunklocoempire »

"..all things work together for good to them that love God.."

Sorry to hear your woes, as you know living in this state it's not what you know, it's who ya know. Plenty first hand knowledge of corruption when I lived on Maui, none here on Big Island...yet. Read from the Good Book and try to remain calm, the Lord will give you an answer, the RIGHT answer. You know better than any of us what reasonable course of action to take, regarding yourself and family as far as pursuing this. The knee jerk reaction is clear, living with the consequences in a "small town" can be more than any here imagine. You may want to "cover your butt" first and then pursue a course of action.

At least your not dealing with the Liquor Commissioners! :wink:

Prayers up.

Bunkloco
“We, as a group, now have a greater moral responsibility to act than those who live in ignorance, once you become knowledgeable you have an obligation to do something about it.” Ron Paul
PaulB
Levergunner 3.0

Post by PaulB »

Burn 'em down. No mercy.
I used to think this way. If you don't mind having your gut in a churn every day for the next year or two (never mind possible under-the-table repercussions), I suppose that's a way to go.

Personally, I don't think you would be doing any good. There is no way to root corruption out of government. Government is nothing but one big ball of corruption.

I've changed my way of looking at work, since my wife has been an employer for a while. It has given me a lot more peace.

Here's what I mean. I used to think of a job as MY job and thus would get irate if anyone wanted to take it away from me, etc. But now I know my job is not like some possession I own.

A job is just an arrangement between two individuals. As long as each person finds benefit in the arrangement, it continues. When one or both sides sees no benefit any longer, or when the costs of the arrangement are too much for the company to bear, the arrangement ceases. It is no longer MY job, but a mutually beneficial relationship. Notice, with this way of looking at things makes it easy to keep focused on the right thing: keeping the arrangement beneficial. And if the job ends, there is no blame or feelings of inferiority (or less at any rate); you just look for another arrangement.

I also never expect employers or employees to be perfect, because I know I ain't.

I can't understand why some people fight to keep their jobs. Why would anyone want to work for a person who no longer wants them? Go find another job. It's not like there aren't any out there. Put yourself in your prospective employer's position and figure out what he wants. In fact go read Dale Carnegie's "How to Win Friends & Influence People". It's like a manual on getting along with the rest of the human race.
PaulB
Levergunner 3.0

Post by PaulB »

Mic McPherson has a formula in here for the velocity you want:

http://www.levergun.com/articles/thoughts.htm

It's about revolver loads but I suppose it applies to long guns too. Personally, I don't know - my experience here is limited.
mescalero1
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mescalero1 »

Ganjiro,
Got the name
PM me and I'll let you know
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

you have my prayers keep us informed of how things go. I will pray that new opportunities present themself quickly. I am glad you were able to go on the hunt
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
deerwhacker444
Senior Levergunner

Post by deerwhacker444 »

Ji

Keep your chin up. Most everybody has been there at least once and it really stinks.

Try to take a step back and look at the big plan. Maybe you made a huge change in one of those kids lives even though you were there for a short time. Maybe it's something that will take many years to grow, but you planted the seed for it to happen.

Now maybe your time is thru with the children and there are plans for you to go make a difference in someone elses life.

Just trying to make lemonade from lemons.
"If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men
shall possess the highest seats in Government,
our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots
to prevent its ruin
." Samuel Adams
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Burn 'em down. No mercy.

+ 1, 2, and 3 :!: Contact local TV stations and tell 'em the story...they love that kind of David v. Goliath stuff....
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
brucew44guns
Senior Levergunner

Post by brucew44guns »

Your big smile has been mentioned. Keep that going for you, and someone will want you to work for them, That's after you settle your options that may be available to you on your old job, use those options as you discover them. Bruce
To hell with them fellas, buzzards gotta eat same as the worms.
Outlaw Josey Wales

Member GOA
NRA Benefactor-Life
jengel
Levergunner 2.0

Post by jengel »

We're lookin for help at the shop at $12/hr. That may not sound like much but it is pretty darn good for our area. Housing is cheap (4+ bedroom for <$50,000) and prairie dogs are plentiful. I think that everything happens for a reason. I hope that soon you will fall into something that you will really like.
Kansas Ed
Senior Levergunner

Post by Kansas Ed »

To add to what Tycer said...

Several years ago, I was in a class in which everyone was required to write down one positive comment about everyone in their group. At the end, the comments of each person were accumulated on a notecard and handed to the individual they were about. When I was at a low point in my career search, I taped that card on the bathroom mirror where I shaved. Every day I had to look at that card first thing in the morning. It's positive message helped me bring things into perspective....
While I can't tabulate comments for you and write them on a notecard, you can do that for yourself. I CAN start the chain of positive thoughts for you.

Perhaps others would like to chip in and provide some positive feedback for you to contemplate...so I start the ball rolling by giving you my two cents worth by knowing you through this forum for the last several years.

Ganjiro: You are an important individual to many people.

Ed
Marc Taylor
Levergunner

Post by Marc Taylor »

Alaska pays good teachers VERY WELL. You might even be able to utilize a levergun or two while you're here... :D

Turn lemons into lemonade by trading in your swim trunks for a parka!

Somethng very good will come of this, you'll see.

Keep your chin up!
Taylor
jengel
Levergunner 2.0

Post by jengel »

Kansas Ed wrote: Perhaps others would like to chip in and provide some positive feedback for you to contemplate...so I start the ball rolling by giving you my two cents worth by knowing you through this forum for the last several years.

Ganjiro: You are an important individual to many people.

Ed
Ji: I admire your perseverance in the face of adversity.
CowboyTutt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by CowboyTutt »

Ganjiro, first off, I want to say how sorry I am you won't be working with Special Ed kids, as that is what I do when I'm not "scrubbing backs" at the YWCA. :lol: I think you would be very good at it. I'm sure I could find work for you out here in CA. I hope to have a job in Ukiah, CA by next year, and they are very gun friendly (right to carry, lots of local BLM land to shoot at, easy to get a CCW, etc). I'm sure we could find SPED work for you up there.

The way I see it, you have two choices, and its just a matter of what is the most effective way to use your energy.

If fighting the corruption there just means keeping your current job, and being under the influence of these individuals, your probably better off putting the energy into finding more desirable employment.

But, if fighting it would get you permanent disability, or winning a "wrongful termination" lawsuit, it might be worth pursuing. Still a very uphill battle, but maybe worth it in the long run. You would probably need an attorney, or one who would take the case on commission.

The guys are right, and God always puts us where we are supposed to be. Think about it carefully, and don't loose your faith! Say some prayers, and He'll guide you in the right decision, and put/keep you where you are supposed to be! He certainly has for me.

-Tutt
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Ji:

There has been a lot of good advice here. I am praying for you to choose the right way. I enjoyed the time with you on the hog hunt, and I feel someone as good as you are can land on their feet. Walgreens is almost always looking for store managers and I have one of the corporate Vice Presidents who owes me a small favor. I can have him ask the district personnel there to give you a chance if that is what you want. Whatever you do, don't let your boss or anyone else turn you into someone you don't like.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
mescalero1
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mescalero1 »

OK , here is my two cents for the positive note:
Ganjiro,
You are the bravest guy I know, anybody who would go out in the ocean in that canoe, has to have intestinal fortitude
GANJIRO

Post by GANJIRO »

mescalero1 wrote:Went thru it also, The Feds helped me ; if you can believe it.
I will ask a friend what agency it was & get back to you
Could you please PM me the info?

Just talked to my Lawyer, he's on Maui and says he can't make it on termination meeting date, my Union reps on both islands not returning my calls, the winds are knocked out of my sails, not much fight left in me, will accept my fate and leave it in God's hands.

Thank you for the words of encouragement, good to have friends I can count on.
big medicine
Levergunner 1.0

Post by big medicine »

The folks at Wild West Guns are looking for a gunsmith up there in Alaska. Might just be time for a change. :wink:
IN MEMORY OF PFC JEFFREY ALAN AVERY, 571st MP CO, KIA 23 APR 2007, AGE 19,MUQUDADIYAH,IRAQ
w30wcf
Senior Levergunner

Post by w30wcf »

GANJIRO,
Sorry to hear about your situation. I pray that all works out well for you and your family.

w30wcf
aka John Kort
aka Jack Christian SASS 11993 "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
aka w44wcf (black powder)
NRA Life member
.22 WCF, .30 WCF, .44 WCF Cartridge Historian
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Ji,
I have been there, came out by changing my attitude. You've got a lot goin' for you. Don't let the dogs get ya down. Prayers are up.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!