Little sharps

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
2row
Levergunner 1.0

Little sharps

Post by 2row »

Got it today. I was waiting when the brown woman walked in with it . :lol: :lol: Got home with it at 1pm today I loaded for it yesterday. 45 gr ffg an a 271 gr cast bullet gc and no wad was one load 46gr fffg same bullet with wad. OK now to shoot took 6 shoots to get it in the black. the sights are not the best but ok set up target at 65 yards (Because that is what I have for a range now) shot 5 less than 1 in. so far so good that was the first load. 5 moore same pattern so I now get to play 25 shots in less than 4in thats in a row no stopping I was afrade the barrel would get hot an start to string but it didn't. This is a single shot so maby the time it took to load was enuff to let it cool some. I shot 94 rounds through it today an never a Hickup. SO far I realy like this little gun. I do mean little it is smaller than a winchester 94 an is so nice to handle reminds me of the old 22 crackshot. It is tiny. The triger gard is too small for me. I love the double set triggers on it. The barrel is 25 or 26 in oct don't know the twist rate. But it shoots grate an cleanup Hot water an a few patches an some oil all done. the metal an wood fit is very good case color is the best the onle thing I don't like is the trigger gard. tomorrow I'll have more time to realy ring it out :D
neil mitchell
Levergunner 1.0

Post by neil mitchell »

Sounds great!!
Now, where are the pics?

Neil
NRA,Disabled Vietnam Veteran
Rebel1972
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Rebel1972 »

2row you have only whetted my appetite. :D
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

Sounds like a winner. You know you have to post some pictures though. :wink:
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Congrats! Looking forward to the pictures!
kentdep
Levergunner 1.0

Post by kentdep »

I would like to see your pictures too. Sounds like a winner.

A couple of years ago my wife and I were on vacation in Alabama and we went over to Gulf Breeze Fla. We stopped into Gulf Breeze Firearms and we looked at the Dakota Little Sharps and I fell in love with the little rifles but I didn't love them enough to pick one up because of the price.

I thought they would make a great squirrel rifle. Now that CD is making them I am seriously considering getting one and I am encouraged by your initial accuracy report.

Jay
k8bor
Levergunner 2.0

Post by k8bor »

Excuse my ignorance, but I don't know what a "little sharps" is. Does someone have a link to a website or something?
de k8bor

Dave
KWK
Senior Levergunner

Post by KWK »

It is a scaled down '74 Sharps and was designed by this company in Montana. They continue to offer custom versions built in their own shops, but they have helped an Italian maker introduce a very similar model. Charles Daly is the principle importer of this clone, which sells for about 1/3 the price of the custom jobs.
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

Jeff took some pictures of them, at S.H.O.T., and published them (along with a bunch of other guns) on Gunblast:

http://www.gunblast.com/SHOT_2008_1.htm
cnjarvis
Senior Levergunner

Post by cnjarvis »

Glad you finally got it buddy. Now post some pics and wring it out, then let us know what she'll do.
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

2row, what caliber is it? :D
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
2row
Levergunner 1.0

Post by 2row »

38-55 :D
Rebel1972
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Rebel1972 »

2row,Have you shot that sharps yet? I'm gettin' antsy here. Hope it's a good'un.
Ben_Rumson
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ben_Rumson »

Cool gun..Thanks for the report 2row