OT - too tired

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Ysabel Kid

OT - too tired

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Darn near burnt the house down just now! :shock:

I got up late, after working on my goals summary until 1:30am last night, then not being able to fall asleep until almost 4am this morning. My wife had left with the kids, taking them to school. I started boiling a pot of water for some tea, then went in here to check with you guys.

Forgot to close the cap on the tea kettle.

You guessed it - forgot about the water too.

Wife came in and yelled "what are you trying to do?!?"

Remembered the tea kettle at that moment.

Helped her clean up. I wish I could go back to bed. Gotta get to work now!

Oh, and she just boiled me some water! :roll:
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Re: OT - too tired

Post by kimwcook »

I feel your pain. There are many a night that I either wake up and can't get back to sleep, or just can't get to sleep and I have to go to work the following morning. Makes for a real long day.
Old Law Dawg
Bigahh
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Bigahh »

WOW ! Thats a little scary, and reminds me of the time I worked nights. I got home Put some eggs on the stove to boil, and then fell asleep in the chair. What I woke up to was Hard Boiled eggs Blown into every nook and Cranny in the Kitchen! Things can go bad when you are tired. Get some rest after work my friend!
cowboykell
Levergunner 2.0

Post by cowboykell »

The title of your topic reminded me of an old rhyme... Tired of hamburger, tired of steak. Caught a chill last night, too tired to shake. Tired of taxes, tired of hard luck On a date last night, too tired too tired.
Behind every sucessful rancher is a wife with a job in town.
awp101
Advanced Levergunner

Post by awp101 »

Not once, not twice but at least three times The Boy has come home from work after 2300, put a pizza in the oven, went to his room and went to sleep.

Waking up to the smell of pizza at 0200 can be scary and wonderful at the same time... :lol:
Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits.
-Mark Twain

Proverbs 3:5; Philippians 4:13

Got to have a Jones for this
Jones for that
This running with the Joneses boy
Just ain't where it's at
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Know the feeling YK. I've worked nights for years and know that tired feeling all too well.
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
olyinaz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by olyinaz »

Yeah, I got that t-shirt too but I'm somewhat pleased (??) to note that the wife did it last time.

We just don't sleep like we used to and it's no fun. :evil:

Best,
Oly
Cheers,
Oly

I hope and pray someday the world will learn
That fires we don't put out will bigger burn

Johnny Wright
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Hey, "things happen". Next time you need to sleep, take a half dose of Vick's Nyquil and you will sleep like a baby in about 45 minutes and you will feel great the next day---remember--half dose. A whole dose will make you feel groggy the next day. The stuff is great---You cannot stay awake if your life depended on it.

I do this when I'm not sleeping at home--hunting/competitive shoots, etc. or if I stupidly drank coffee late in the evening. :D -------------Sixgun

Of course though, you have to remember simple things before you take it----you know, like turning off the stove and similar acts of stupidity. :D ------------- :D Sixgun :D
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

I used to drink a Mountain Dew as I was going to bed when I was in college, and it never kept me up. Heck, when I worked at a theater in high school it wasn't unusual for me to down a couple gallons of the stuff a day. Now, if I drink ANYTHING with caffeine in it after 5:00pm or so, I'm doomed!
El Chivo
Advanced Levergunner

Post by El Chivo »

I'm going to have to try the Nyquil thing.

What I do is take Melotonin, available at GNC and pharmacies. Get the highest dose. It's a hormone, not a drug, so it's safe.

I heard on a radio program that your body produces it nightly between 10 and 2, and so if you stay up past that you won't fall asleep. It does help to put you out, but not always. And your night's sleep is better, not fitful, and longer. But, if you have to get up early, you feel better, like you got more out of the short time.
"I'll tell you what living is. You get up when you feel like it. You fry yourself some eggs. You see what kind of a day it is."
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Think I may be coming down with something. I went to bed early last night, and slept well until 3:30am, and have been up ever since. I'm used to lack of sleep, so something else is probably at play - hopefully other than senility! :wink:
Remington40x
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Remington40x »

My oldest son did something similar a couple of weeks ago - put a pan with some oil on the stove, went downstairs and forgot he'd started cooking. When the smoke alarms went off he came running upstairs, grabbed the pan off the stove and set it down on a formica countertop. Large black burn spot the size of the pan.

Wife took advantage of the situation and I now have granite countertops. Most expensive meal that boy ever cooked.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Remington40x wrote:My oldest son did something similar a couple of weeks ago - put a pan with some oil on the stove, went downstairs and forgot he'd started cooking. When the smoke alarms went off he came running upstairs, grabbed the pan off the stove and set it down on a formica countertop. Large black burn spot the size of the pan.

Wife took advantage of the situation and I now have granite countertops. Most expensive meal that boy ever cooked.
I'll say! :shock: