Plinking Load For My New 7.5" SAA

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
COSteve
Advanced Levergunner

Plinking Load For My New 7.5" SAA

Post by COSteve »

I've been having a ball with my new 7.5" 357mag Uberti I posted about a couple of weeks ago and yesterday I took a new plinking load using 158grn Berry's plated bullets out to the range to try. According the Hodgdon, 3.9grns of TiteGroup is max for 158grn 38spl rds and I settled on a load of only 3.7grns for an absolutely wonderful plinking load.

The recoil is non-existent, muzzle blast is small, and the load shoots to POA at 25yds (well, as straight as these old eyes using the primitive sights on a Colt Peacemaker clone can do). The chrono says I'm getting 809fps so I also tried it out at 50 and 100yds and while the bullet drop at 100 is much more than with my stouter loads, it still shoots straight. I'm a happy camper!! :mrgreen:
Steve
Retired and Living the Good Life
No Matter Where You Go, There You Are