Home made targets

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
GabbyHaze

Home made targets

Post by GabbyHaze »

Hi Guys,
These are the home made targets I made and are making.
These targets are for 22 Caliber Short, Long or Long Rifle olny. (For bigger calibers use thicker steel. If some of you have made home made targets I'd love to see them.

I call this target Tin-Can-Alley. The metal frame is made of 1" square Stock Steel. Then I drilled holes on each side and slid 7/16 steel rod through them. The 7/16 steel rod is drilled on each end for the 7/64 x 1-5/8 Hair pnsi that hold the rods in place. This way you can remove the hair pins and slide the rods off and slide soup cans ( or other targets ) on to the rods. You can also remove the 2 bottom rods and hang things from the top rod to shoot at.

The 2 targets on top of Tin-Can-Alley I did not make, I purchased them from sportsmansguide.com . They are cheap and don't work very well when on the ground, so I mounted them on top of Tin-Can-Alley and they still don't work so well up there..

Here is a little better picture of Tin-Can-Alley with the 2 spinning targets on top.

This is a Prairie Dog target I made. The prairie dog I cut out of an old 1/4 steel Plow I had found. I cut it out with my torches and cleaned up the edges with my 4 1/2 in. angle grinder and I also used my Dremell tool for the hard to reach places. I then welded 3/4 in. gas pipe to the top of the prairie dog. I slid the gas pipe over some 1/2 steel round stock I had found and then welded some 1/2 re-bar I found to the ends. I drilled holes in the 1/2 round stock and welded nails in it to stop the target from moving to the left or right.

This is a steel duck target I made. I made it the same way as the prairie dog target.

This is a steel Rabbit target I made. It's also made the same way as the duck and prairie dog.

This is a musical target I am in the process of building. I cut the pieces out of the old cutting edge from my old snow plow blade. They are 1/4 thick steel. They range from 1 inch to 8 inches. I'm going to weld the 1/2 in. gas pipe to the top of them and then hang them on Tin-Can-Alley. Each target should have a different note when it's hit with a bullet. Do-Re-Me-Fa-So-La-Te-Do .......... then we'll see if we can play a tune on them. LOL

And finally, these are just scraps of steel left over , I will weld gas pipe to them and hang them on Tin-Can-Alley as well.

JT
Blaine
Posting leader...

Re: Home made targets

Post by Blaine »

Good work.... :idea:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Chas.
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Chas. »

GabbyHaze wrote: Each target should have a different note when it's hit with a bullet. Do-Re-Me-Fa-So-La-Te-Do .......... then we'll see if we can play a tune on them. LOL
FREE BIRD!!!!
GabbyHaze

Post by GabbyHaze »

Chas. wrote:
GabbyHaze wrote: Each target should have a different note when it's hit with a bullet. Do-Re-Me-Fa-So-La-Te-Do .......... then we'll see if we can play a tune on them. LOL
FREE BIRD!!!!

LOL,
We'll be lucky if we can play Happy Birthday. :D

JT
Terry Murbach
Shootist

Post by Terry Murbach »

HEY, THOSE ARE PRETTY COOL. I LIKE TARGETS THAT GO CLANG AND DING WHEN YOU HIT 'EM WITH A BULLET.
RIDE, SHOOT STRAIGHT, AND SPEAK THE TRUTH
GabbyHaze

Post by GabbyHaze »

Terry Murbach wrote:HEY, THOSE ARE PRETTY COOL. I LIKE TARGETS THAT GO CLANG AND DING WHEN YOU HIT 'EM WITH A BULLET.

Yeah, me to. :D

JT
Terry Murbach
Shootist

Post by Terry Murbach »

HEY GABBY, ARE YOU COMING OVER TO RCSD FOR THE GUN SHOW THIS WEEKEND ???
RIDE, SHOOT STRAIGHT, AND SPEAK THE TRUTH
GabbyHaze

Post by GabbyHaze »

Terry Murbach wrote:HEY GABBY, ARE YOU COMING OVER TO RCSD FOR THE GUN SHOW THIS WEEKEND ???

No, but thanks for telling me about it.

JT
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

8) 8) 8)